SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Detroit Red Wings

How Long will the Rebuild Take?

Sep. 6, 2017 at 1:22 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
I know a lot of this is dependent on how soon Holland decides to stop signing old players to big, long term contracts (or gets fired), but let's just say the rebuild were to start now. How long do the Red Wings fans think it will take for them to be contenders again?

I see them being on the decline for about 4 years, then they'll begin to slowly ascend. But I do see this being a long, painful process for the Red Wings.
Sep. 6, 2017 at 4:57 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Too many long term contracts. No real hope as you suggest for at least four years. And their farm system isn't that strong...with NHL candicates. And nothing about against the good folks in Detroit. Detroit may not be attractive to UFAs....everything else being equal.
Sep. 11, 2017 at 7:49 p.m.
VegasGMV2.LeafsGMV1
I would say six years to competitive again
Sep. 12, 2017 at 1:33 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Jdp
I would say six years to competitive again

well i think they miss for a few years ... i feel like they'll get back in for a year after that but then miss a few more years after that.
Sep. 14, 2017 at 12:04 p.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
I know a lot of this is dependent on how soon Holland decides to stop signing old players to big, long term contracts (or gets fired), but let's just say the rebuild were to start now. How long do the Red Wings fans think it will take for them to be contenders again?

I see them being on the decline for about 4 years, then they'll begin to slowly ascend. But I do see this being a long, painful process for the Red Wings.

Agreed
Sep. 14, 2017 at 3:15 p.m.
SEA GM v5
I will take a while but maybe at least 3 years before they are re-built. Zetterberg is gone, a lot of their expensive contracts are gone and the prospects will be NHL ready... maybe.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll