SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Los Angeles Kings

Doughty is Good as Gone

Does Doughty Sign Another Contract with LA?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Sep. 9, 2017 at 10:27 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Drew Doughty said that he'd like to stay in LA, but winning Cups is more important to him. Basically means that LA has two years to get their act together or their star defenseman is walking out the door. I don't see LA being anywhere near Cup contention in two years, so I think Doughty is gone. Whether he gets traded before then is yet to be seen, but it would make sense for them if they aren't in contention. Either way, I see Doughty leaving. How do you see it playing out?
Sep. 11, 2017 at 12:06 p.m.
i think he resigns with la. guys get content where they live, what they do when not on the ice.
Sep. 12, 2017 at 7:03 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Not even a question ... we all know the answer to this ...
Sep. 13, 2017 at 5:52 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Really? Of all the people for this to come from?

Also, it definitely is a question. When a superstar basically says, "if I can't win here I'm gone" it definitely raises some questions. The Kings won't be in a position to win in two years, so if Cups is really what matters most to him, why should he stay?
Sep. 15, 2017 at 1:27 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz

Also, it definitely is a question. When a superstar basically says, "if I can't win here I'm gone" it definitely raises some questions. The Kings won't be in a position to win in two years, so if Cups is really what matters most to him, why should he stay?

Maybe a tiny question, but of course he re-signs.
Sep. 15, 2017 at 2:47 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

Explain your logic behind this
Sep. 15, 2017 at 6:34 p.m.
NBABound
I think he resigns with a 2/3/4 year contract. Once the Leafs get better and are a true contender, he bolts over haha
Sep. 15, 2017 at 7:25 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

He's won 2 cups and a Norris there, and is the best defenseman in the league, and has been there his whole career, and is their best player ... seems like he'd really want to leave unsure
Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:41 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018

He's won 2 cups and a Norris there, and is the best defenseman in the league, and has been there his whole career, and is their best player ... seems like he'd really want to leave unsure

He's not the best defenseman in the league, he's the most complete. The only thing you said that makes sense is the part about him being there his entire career.

Put yourself in his shoes -- remember this is a guy that wants to win more than anything, as he made very clear. He doesn't care where he plays, he just wants to win. If you had your choice of basically any team in the league, why would he choose a team that is arguably the farthest away from winning a Cup?
Sep. 16, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

He's not the best defenseman in the league, he's the most complete. The only thing you said that makes sense is the part about him being there his entire career.

Put yourself in his shoes -- remember this is a guy that wants to win more than anything, as he made very clear. He doesn't care where he plays, he just wants to win. If you had your choice of basically any team in the league, why would he choose a team that is arguably the farthest away from winning a Cup?

Yeah, he doesn't care where he plays, i'm sure he'd rather play for the Preds, Canes, or someone with a great D over the Kings ... if i'm Doughty, i'd just sign with the Kings as soon as i got the chance.
Nov. 9, 2017 at 11:13 p.m.
Unless the Kings improve their right shooting D-men instead of leftist BS pairing M&M together as the worst pair... Not to mention ship out the 1st round Tarasenko bust Forbort I don't see him sticking around in LAK... He can get 10-12M a year from almost any team, maybe he leaves for Tampa, Dallas, a place that has a better tax rate or laws to live within even the Panthers wouldn't shock me smile. His only chance to stay besides fixing the lack of right shooting quality D would be that he likes the current coach... Rob Blake moved on, he had some big years on Kings, though he didn't win a cup as a player there he did elsewhere... So Drew can find a better team if he wants his 3rd time is the charm cup or find a big payday without the taxes/unsafe living conditions rather easily... Its pretty expensive to live in California especially a place like LA compared to other places when can live anywhere in world with his money smile. BTW I love his Beagle so would really miss him leaving the team for that alone smile...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit