SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/General Fantasy Talk

Best Fantasy Draft Steals

Sep. 11, 2017 at 4:34 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Who are the biggest fantasy draft steals and busts for this year?
Sep. 11, 2017 at 4:58 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
I feel Marchand will go way too early
noahphillipss liked this.
Sep. 11, 2017 at 7:56 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
MIka Zibanejad is the big one for me. He was performing like a top line center before he got hurt last year, and now that Stepan is gone, he should have a huge season. Zuccarello is always undervalued in fantasy as well. I'd draft Brayden Schenn if the board falls that way. If he plays with Tarasenko, his assist totals should go up and he'll still be lethal on the PP. His +/- might not be too big an issue since St. Louis is better defensively than Philly. Other guys to look at are Clayton Keller, Elias Lindholm, Vadim Shipachyov and Jaccob Slavin.
A_K liked this.
Sep. 11, 2017 at 8:40 p.m.
TJ Oshie is going to go earlier than he should. He was shooting at a way higher percentage and will regress quite a bit and on the same side, Eric Staal probably will not reproduce the same results as last year.
I would take one of Ehlers, Laine or Scheifele just because that is going to be a great line. For goalies, I would stay away from Steve Mason. There is something about goalies under Paul Maurice that they get worse.
Young players to look out for Brayden Point, I think he's going to fly under the radar and get some easier assignments. Tuevo Teravainen is my breakout player this year.
These past few month I have been so busy that I have had such little time to actually look into fantasy, but my league (the beerest of fantasy leagues) doesn't put much research into it.
Sep. 11, 2017 at 8:47 p.m.
Quoting: ChiaPetty
TJ Oshie is going to go earlier than he should. He was shooting at a way higher percentage and will regress quite a bit and on the same side, Eric Staal probably will not reproduce the same results as last year.
I would take one of Ehlers, Laine or Scheifele just because that is going to be a great line. For goalies, I would stay away from Steve Mason. There is something about goalies under Paul Maurice that they get worse.
Young players to look out for Brayden Point, I think he's going to fly under the radar and get some easier assignments. Tuevo Teravainen is my breakout player this year.
These past few month I have been so busy that I have had such little time to actually look into fantasy, but my league (the beerest of fantasy leagues) doesn't put much research into it.

Agree. Brayden Point for sure is one to watch for a major breakout in the next 2 years.
Sep. 11, 2017 at 9:17 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan

I got the whole Schifele, Ehlers, Laine line last year.
Sep. 11, 2017 at 9:19 p.m.
VegasGMV2.LeafsGMV1
I agree on Marchand and Oshie going too early...
Sep. 11, 2017 at 9:44 p.m.
Ryan Hartman is a huge sleeper. He will be given top-six minutes with the departure of Marian Hossa.
Sep. 11, 2017 at 9:45 p.m.
Quoting: EthanK24

I got the whole Schifele, Ehlers, Laine line last year.

Oh sweet. I picked up Laine last year. Like I said my league is pretty bad so I managed to grab him and Kucherov last year, pretty much carried me to first. I just suck picking goalies
Sep. 12, 2017 at 7:32 a.m.

Who really cares, it's "fantasy"!!!
Sep. 12, 2017 at 7:33 a.m.
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93

just another clueless point by a Leaf fan......
Quoting: PaulDunnill

Idk. Maybe because people play fantasy sports..

He's likely peaked
Sep. 12, 2017 at 7:35 a.m.
Quoting: boltscharge17

Idk. Maybe because people play fantasy sports..

they LIVE fantasy sports.....nobody understands whats REAL anymore
Sep. 12, 2017 at 7:38 a.m.
mikko rantanen would be my choice for a sleeper.
phillyjabroni liked this.
Sep. 12, 2017 at 10:34 a.m.
Below Market Value

Then how about you leave the thread?
Sep. 12, 2017 at 10:35 a.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

Then how about you leave the thread?

this guyyyyycheers Mans needs to find a new home. No one wants him here
Sep. 12, 2017 at 12:43 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

Don't be talking crap about someone elses allegiances because of your bias for your team.

I legitimately hope you feel good with yourself about ruining civil discussions between us. It's immature.
Sep. 12, 2017 at 12:50 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Quoting: krakowitz

Don't be talking crap about someone elses allegiances because of your bias for your team.

I legitimately hope you feel good with yourself about ruining civil discussions between us. It's immature.

buddy needs to go for a long walk.
Pasta88Sauce liked this.
Sep. 12, 2017 at 1:44 p.m.
haha

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll