SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

JAROMIR JAGR

Which NHL team would sign Jaromir Jagr in mid-season [in order of last season's goal differential]
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Sep. 13, 2017 at 2:55 p.m.
Jaromir Jagr ponders 2018 Winter Olympics if no NHL deal surfaces

Quote:
If Jaromir Jagr will not sign in the NHL he told the Czech TV in Prague today that there is a chance he may play for Czechs at the Olympics!
12:18 PM - Sep 5, 2017

Quote:
@darina_vymetali

Jaromir Jagr for Czech TV:"There is a possibility (one of many) that I would stay in Kladno and prepare for the Olympics."

He said that his priority is NHL, 2nd option is:"Europe,but not necessarily KHL" and the other possibility is Kladno (Czech) and WOG.
12:05 PM - Sep 5, 2017

The article doesn't get into it, but Jagr could
1. sit out for the first half-season
2. play an easier schedule in the Czech league, stay fresh
3. go to the Olympics if he wants, because he's a grown man
4. see which NHL teams are set for good playoff runs
5. sign a contract with a team that has banked cap space, and has double the cap room they did at the start of the season

The additional benefit for Jagr is there no question about asking him to waive his no-trade clause if the team is going to miss the playoffs. GMs will love it because Jagr will be fresher, and they'll know exactly what minutes he'd play at a time when they have double the cap space to use.

So who do you think will snag Jagr?
Sep. 13, 2017 at 3:04 p.m.
I went off the board a bit, and picked Dallas. They've had some of the worst goaltending and they have Bishop now.
Jagr could fit as RW on either of the top 2 lines, and would be a huge complementary player on the PP.
If Dallas bounces back from their injuries, I think they can and would go after Jagr.

Calgary has been mentioned, and it is a good fit but it's a much better fit late in the season once travel is out of the way and if they can trade RW Brouwer to somewhere of his choosing.

New Jersey might be a good candidate for the eastern conference.
Sep. 13, 2017 at 4:06 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
goldie078. Think you're right, he just might sit out. Kinda like Sundin did after he is free agency as a Leaf and joined Canucks mid season. Jagr will see who is a contender and maybe fill a need replacing an injured player..
I'll vote Pens.
Sep. 13, 2017 at 5:50 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
I wouldn't be surprised to see Tampa sign him right after the Olympics. Adding another dangerous scorer such as Jagr for a Cup run would be huge for them, and it fits all of his boxes. Pittsburgh does too, but I hate them, so I'll go with Tampa smile
Sep. 13, 2017 at 8:30 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Who voted for Vancouver? That's not gonna happen.
Sep. 14, 2017 at 1:16 p.m.
Edmonton has some question marks on the right side for which we should have answers by midseason. They also have the cap space to sign Jagr if need be.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit