Forums/GM Game 2017-18

2017-18 GM Game - News and Important Info Thread

Sep. 15, 2017 at 11:11 a.m.
*awaiting completion*

Please do not comment
Peterman liked this.
Sep. 29, 2017 at 4:09 p.m.
GMs,

Please note that the BOE will have conversations about the draft lottery system for 2019. We will be talking about creating a cumulative formula for using GM Power Rankings for the lottery, rather than IRL situations.

We are undetermined with what will happen. Please do not make any assumptions on what we are going to rule on, and there will be no "I didn't know that we are changing it 2019..."

Every GM is expected to read this, and take note of it. The BOE has no responsibility to notify the GMs to read an thread with the title "Important Info..."

Thanks,
phillyjabroni
BOE
ricochetii liked this.
Sep. 29, 2017 at 5:05 p.m.
GMs,

The BOE will also be discussing implementing rules, extracted from the CBA, for the following rules:

1. Trade Retained salary cannot exceed more than 15% of your salary cap ceiling in a given year.
2. RFA compensation must be your team's picks, and be the subsequent year(s).

Thanks,
phillyjabroni
BOE
ricochetii liked this.
Oct. 2, 2017 at 5:53 p.m.
GMs,

The waiver placement deadline is tomorrow. So, that means you should all get your players on there. Please be sure to specify whether they are on waivers for either the purpose of an assignment to the minors or a contract termination. Please be sure to use the format I outlined in the waiver placements thread.

Thanks,
Bo53Horvat
BOE
Oct. 3, 2017 at 10:14 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni
The BOE is extending the Waiver Submissions deadline, until Wednesday, October 4, at 11:59pm EST.

Consequently, all other dates that are contingent on the deadline to Waiver Submissions, will be pushed back by one day.

Thank you,
phillyjabroni
BOE
Oct. 9, 2017 at 2:04 p.m.
As of right now, any and every trade that a GM receives a "1" from both philly and I will be subject to reversal. You will get one chance to explain why the trade was made, and how it benefits you. If we agree, the trade will not be reversed. Otherwise, it will.

Thanks,
Bo53Horvat
BOE
Mr_cap liked this.
Oct. 20, 2017 at 6:18 p.m.
General Mangers and Assistant General Managers,

Due to rising concerns within the GM Game community, the BOE is discussing a possible shutdown from Sunday, October 22 - Wednesday, October 25.

During that time, the BOE will be recruiting replacement GMs to fill the roles of those recently removed from their position. In the next few days, we ask that GMs please spend some time thinking about users who would be good fits within the culture and context of the GM Game.

Please note that as compensation for this sudden implementation (if necessary), the BOE will talk about allowing five trades to be made in the month of November, if GMs qualify. Any GM that posts in the GM Game during the lockdown is subject to significant draft pick forfeiture.

We appreciate your acceptance of this lockdown in advance, if necessary.

phillyjabroni
BOE
nobody, Max, Duster and 2 others liked this.
Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:57 p.m.
GM Game Community,

The BOE has decided to use their discretion when they believe the GM Game is currently fraudulent. To protect the GM Game community from fraudulent game, the BOE has unanimously decided that from Sunday, October 22, 2017 until Wednesday, October 25, 2017, the GM Game will be in "lockdown mode".

During this time, the BOE will be taking the proper measures to insure that the game is running functionally on Thursday, October 26, 2017.

We ask that no GM Game community post in the GM Game section during the lockdown, or the parties involved will be punished at the BOE's discretion. We also ask that GMs take this time to reflect on their current status of being GM of their team, and to check to make sure that they are not unhealthy prioritizing the GM Game over more immediate issues.

Throughout the lockdown, the BOE will be doing heavy recruiting for AGMs or GMs, depending on the user. If you have any users that you would like to be recruited, please contact the BOE in the Messages to BOE section, or contact one of us through DMs.

To compensate for this abrupt lockdown, the BOE has also decided that, during the month of November, GMs who qualify will be able to exercise five trades, rather than four.

Trust the Process,

phillyjabroni
Bo53Horvat
nobody, Max, mikeyscav and 4 others liked this.
Oct. 31, 2017 at 7:53 p.m.
To the Members of the GM Game Community:

I hope this post finds you well. I am writing this in light of the recent events that have transpired and this is written with the utmost exasperation.

Over the course of the last week, it was implied by Max over DMs that he was going to be stepping down as GM of the New York Rangers. Less than 48 hours ago, jmac has also decided that he is planning on resigning as GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Both of these potential departures are directly correlated to the behavior of fellow GMs.

These are two quality members and contributors to the GM Game that are leaving over users not treating other users with decency and respect. For those aforementioned individuals, I plea on behalf of the community for you not separate from the GM Game. You are both integral members in the community and are the bedrock for character.

When I took this role as a BOE, it was designed to be a way to for me to step away from the problems surrounding the real world and have fun. Unfortunately, that has not been the case for a rather worrisome period of time. Going forward, this community will be respectful and hold each other to the highest standard possible.

On that note, we are done tolerating this utter nonsense. The game will hold individuals to a higher standards than the CapFriendly rules dictate. To illustrate our displeasure with the culture of the community, we are just going to start doing direct draft pick forfeiture and trade limit decreases. Anyone who cannot treat others with decency and respect, the following will occur:

Draft pick forfeiture of (2) 2nd round pick(s) (2) 3rd round pick(s)
Trade limit decreasement from (4) to (3) for three consecutive months

Repeat offenders will be issued the “death penalty” at BOE’s discretion:

Draft pick forfeiture of the aforementioned picks and (2) 1st round pick(s)
Trade limit decreasement from (3) to (1) for six consecutive months
Salary cap decreasement by 6.66% of the salary cap ceiling in the year found guilty.

If this seems excessive, that is by design. I don’t care whether or not whether you think it’s fair to do this. There is an issue and the figurative market is finding solutions. If we shift the culture, nobody would have to worry about the punishments.

Just do it.

-BOE
Max, LicMysak, matt59 and 3 others liked this.
Dec. 4, 2017 at 11:36 a.m.
Edited Dec. 4, 2017 at 11:52 a.m.
Here are the BOG candidates: IceGirl, Matt, boltscharge, Tony, Ksi, Ethan, and Max.

Everyone please DM me on Twitter to vote with points attached please. Here is the point system. The four highest totals get the jobs.

1st: 7 points
2nd: 6 points
3rd: 5 points
4th: 4 points
5th: 3 points
6th: 2 points
7th: 1 point(s)

You have until tomorrow at 9:45pm EST to make your choices.

edit: you may vote your yourself.
Dec. 4, 2017 at 4:38 p.m.
Dec. 22, 2017 at 4:07 p.m.
Community,

I have drafted a survey that I would appreciate if you took around 4-7 minutes to complete. It is 100% optional, but it can only improve the game.

For the multiple choice questions, the following is how to answer:

5: best
4: great
3: good
2: poor
1: worst

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RBY6MCF

Enjoy your respective holiday celebrations!
Dec. 22, 2017 at 8:54 p.m.
To whom it may concern:

I checked some of the answers on the surveymonkey, specifically the draft odds and the UFAs. I can run through a sample of what the lottery will look like:

The lottery odds are already set (I use a website called "tankathon" to run the simulations). After the I have calculated the winning formula, the worst 15 scores will be entered into the lottery. Each Team/GM will be paired with an IRL team; for example, if "SJS/mat59" had the third worst score, he would get the same odds as the third worst NHL team. If in the simulator the third worst team gets the 1st overall pick, than "SJS/matt59" gets the 1st overall pick.

As for UFAs, they will be eligible to be extended at some point (probably around March), but the BOE and BOG need to talk about limitations as to term and AAV for the UFAs.

Other concerns will be addressed in the future, this concern was just cut and dry.

Sincerely,
phillyjabroni
PrincessChloe liked this.
Jan. 11, 2018 at 11:57 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Community,
The following are some rule modifications that the BOE and the BOG have agreed upon:

Trade Limitations
Effective January 10, 2018, any general manager that takes over a team will be given four trades per month, regardless of how many trades have been exhausted in that same month.

No-Movement Clauses
Effective January 10, 2018, any general manager will have the ability to move (1) of their No-Movement Clauses if they meet the following criteria:
1.) Must have (3) or more NMCs
2.) NMCs must have not been waived previously; for example, if the Carolina Hurricanes acquire Brad Marchand from the Boston Bruins, they cannot use the NMC of Brad Marchand to qualify in order to move Jordan Staal for a minimum of two years after acquiring him.

Any NMC that is signed in the offseason may not count towards the required criteria for a minimum of two years after the contract is signed. For example, if the New York Islanders signed John Tavares to a 7 year deal worth 70 million, which included a full NMC, on June 8, 2018, his NMC is not eligible to be counted towards the required criteria until June 8, 2020.

If a General Manager wants to move a NMC, they are to contact the BOE/BOG via online or offline with their NMCs that are eligible and the BOG/BOE will choose which NMC is voided.

NTCs
No-Trade Clauses may be waived up to two times a year, but may not be waived more than five times throughout the aggregate duration of the clause.

Sincerely,
phillyjabroni, BOE
matt59, BOG
krakowitz, BOG
Icegirl, BOG
TonyStretcher, BOG

Following this announcement, the BOE and BOG have come up with a list of teams eligible to have one of their NMCs waived and we have also voted to decide on which NMC may be waived. No other NMCs may be waived.

Anaheim - Kevin Bieksa
Boston - David Backes
Chicago - Artem Anisimov
Columbus - Brandon Dubinsky
Dallas - Martin Hanzal
Edmonton - Andrej Sekera
Minnesota - Mikko Koivu
Tampa Bay - Ryan Callahan
Vancouver - Loui Eriksson
PrincessChloe and Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Jan. 14, 2018 at 9:59 p.m.
@Mr_cap @ricochetii @mhockey91 @Rodzikhockey93 @flamesfan419 @jmac490 @TML_Milo @TMLSage @l9guysports @rangersandislesfan @Juice @Ethereal @F50marco @krakowitz @TonyStrecher @matt59 @Icegirl @Bennett93 @DarylthePony @TrueNorth @jeplaza14 @boltscharge17 @NateElder12 @TabooPenguo @plNHL @GronkNation @KSIxSKULLS @Math @Turner33 @AK_tune @EthanK24

Please contact my Twitter or Gmail with your email that will be used for the GM Game Directory. This Directory should only be used by GM Game members. If you are uncomfortable with sharing said information, we would advise you to make a faux gmail for just this game.

Also @Banks, this is where a "group tag" would be a nice feature cool
Jan. 14, 2018 at 10:14 p.m.
WentWughes
@Mr_cap @ricochetii @mhockey91 @Rodzikhockey93 @flamesfan419 @jmac490 @TML_Milo @TMLSage @l9guysports @rangersandislesfan @Juice @Ethereal @F50marco @krakowitz @TonyStrecher @matt59 @Icegirl @Bennett93 @DarylthePony @TrueNorth @jeplaza14 @boltscharge17 @NateElder12 @TabooPenguo @plNHL @GronkNation @KSIxSKULLS @Math @Turner33 @AK_tune @EthanK24

Please contact my Twitter or Gmail with your email that will be used for the GM Game Directory. This Directory should only be used by GM Game members. If you are uncomfortable with sharing said information, we would advise you to make a faux gmail for just this game.

zackraceing@hotmail.com
Jan. 15, 2018 at 12:36 a.m.
CFGM Game Moderator

Sure thing. What is your twitter/email to pass along my info
Jan. 15, 2018 at 7:49 a.m.
Quoting: flamesfan419
Sure thing. What is your twitter/email to pass along my info

vegasgkgm@gmail.com
Jan. 18, 2018 at 9:59 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
After a lot of discussion by the BOG and BOE, we have decided on a number of edits to trades that we considered to be unfair in the months of November and December.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that these may cause, but we believe that it is in the best interests of the GM Game as a whole to make these changes.

The following document contains all the trade edits that we have decided must be made for the sake of the fairness of the game:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-zemnVop5ZzaCS2D9qVRjq5QMuIK7G8J3nObtoiTBqo/edit?usp=sharing

All changes to trades must be made on team pages by January 25, 2018.

If you have any questions or complaints, please contact the BOG or BOE offline on Twitter or over email.

thanks,
BOE and BOG
Jan. 28, 2018 at 6:44 p.m.
Go Jackets
A new waiver policy will be implemented starting February 1, 2018.

Beginning that day, teams will be allowed ONE waiver claim per month. All past waiver claim policies such as being contract compliant to claim a player remain in effect. A team may place as many players on waivers as they wish, however, they are only allowed to claim ONE player per month. It is irrelevant whether or not you are the only team to put a claim on a player. Any player claimed off of waivers counts towards a teams one claim per month.

If you have any questions about this policy, please ask in the “Messages to the BOE” Thread. Thanks.
ricochetii and NateElder12 liked this.
Jan. 28, 2018 at 7:41 p.m.
Quoting: matt59
A new waiver policy will be implemented starting February 1, 2018.

Beginning that day, teams will be allowed ONE waiver claim per month. All past waiver claim policies such as being contract compliant to claim a player remain in effect. A team may place as many players on waivers as they wish, however, they are only allowed to claim ONE player per month. It is irrelevant whether or not you are the only team to put a claim on a player. Any player claimed off of waivers counts towards a teams one claim per month.

If you have any questions about this policy, please ask in the “Messages to the BOE” Thread. Thanks.

Now what if I claim a player, then I place him on waivers, after the team I claimed him from has already made their claim for the month? Do they get to reclaim him or if noone else puts in a claim he'll go to the minors?
Jan. 28, 2018 at 7:43 p.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: Turner33
Now what if I claim a player, then I place him on waivers, after the team I claimed him from has already made their claim for the month? Do they get to reclaim him or if noone else puts in a claim he'll go to the minors?

No, that is the risk the other GM assumes for waiving a player they've previously claimed.
Jan. 28, 2018 at 7:50 p.m.
Quoting: matt59
No, that is the risk the other GM assumes for waiving a player they've previously claimed.

I'm not sure I understand.
So they would get him back? Even after already making a claim that month
Jan. 28, 2018 at 7:59 p.m.
TeamA wants to send playerX to the minors in Jan.
TeamB claims playerX off waivers.
TeamA then claims a different player in Feb.
TeamB puts playerX on waivers in Feb, nobody puts a claim on him.

Who gets playerX if TeamA and TeamB both want him in the minors?
Jan. 28, 2018 at 8:12 p.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: Turner33
TeamA wants to send playerX to the minors in Jan.
TeamB claims playerX off waivers.
TeamA then claims a different player in Feb.
TeamB puts playerX on waivers in Feb, nobody puts a claim on him.

Who gets playerX if TeamA and TeamB both want him in the minors?

Team A already made their one waiver claim for February, thus Team B gets to send him to the minors. This is assuming no other team is able to put a claim on player X.
Turner33 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll