SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2017-18

2017-18 GM Game - News and Important Info Thread

Apr. 29, 2018 at 7:52 p.m.
Apr. 29, 2018 at 7:54 p.m.
Go Bruins Go
Um... am I supposed to be in that. Cuz there’s 32 and some aren’t gms and ima gm
jmac490 and Daryl liked this.
Apr. 29, 2018 at 7:57 p.m.
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
There's nothing there... also, you should probably update that list @HallforHart @A_K @Daryl @BoltsPoint21

Nah. I already got answers from them so I didn't bother to CC them lol.
Apr. 29, 2018 at 7:59 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Currently, our model will have (4) BOG members and zero BOE members. No trade ratings.

Wouldn't no trade ratings and reversals bring back the days of Big Bad Booth Fleecing?
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Apr. 29, 2018 at 8:00 p.m.
Wouldn't no trade ratings and reversals bring back the days of Big Bad Booth Fleecing?

We'll be able to address this later on, but there isn't going to be a "trade ratings." There can still be reversals if there is something that legitimately upsets the balance of the game (BOG discretion). It would have to be something big (i.e Nolan Patrick Trade in v1).
Apr. 29, 2018 at 8:15 p.m.
CHABOTISOURSAVIOR
@phillyjabroni

If the gm game completely restarts next season then do the Ottawa Senators still get the #1 overall pick?
Apr. 29, 2018 at 8:26 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: HoffmanisKing
@phillyjabroni

If the gm game completely restarts next season then do the Ottawa Senators still get the #1 overall pick?

Why not just start using the NHL teams real life draft picks?
Apr. 29, 2018 at 8:28 p.m.
CHABOTISOURSAVIOR
Quoting: TMLSage

I don’t think that would make any sense bc a bunch of those teams have made crazy trades and their rosters aren’t even remotely close to irl. Some of them have gotten a lot better and some worse.
Apr. 29, 2018 at 8:50 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator

I agree with @tmlsage and offer my thoughts on something along this line.

June 1st we pick or assigned our new teams.
June 22-23 the real life NHL draft is held, which will make all team rosters up to date on CF (especially the reserve lists)
June 24/25 everyone posts their new team into a v3 created thread to be used for the game
June 25-30 each team uses this time frame to either sign any of their own RFAs or provide them with at minimum a qualifying offer to retain their rights
July 1st (Canada Day) Free Agency opens for business in game and in real life. The only concern I see with this is there will be a high need to "create" players on each of our team pages if we don't use their real life contract numbers.

I'm just tossing out thoughts. None of this is meant to be taken as how things will be done.
Apr. 29, 2018 at 8:58 p.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Quoting: flamesfan419

June 22-23 the real life NHL draft is held, which will make all team rosters up to date on CF (especially the reserve lists)
June 24/25 everyone posts their new team into a v3 created thread to be used for the game
June 25-30 each team uses this time frame to either sign any of their own RFAs or provide them with at minimum a qualifying offer to retain their rights
July 1st (Canada Day) Free Agency opens for business in game and in real life. The only concern I see with this is there will be a high need to "create" players on each of our team pages if we don't use their real life contract numbers.

I'm just tossing out thoughts. None of this is meant to be taken as how things will be done.

This is actually a good idea. @phillyjabroni @Bo53Horvat You should consider this. (Although I am on holidays from the 29th - 13th, still a good idea)
Apr. 29, 2018 at 9:01 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: HoffmanisKing
I don’t think that would make any sense bc a bunch of those teams have made crazy trades and their rosters aren’t even remotely close to irl. Some of them have gotten a lot better and some worse.

Would make more sense since the drafts rankings in this game are based on your opinion of a player
Apr. 29, 2018 at 9:03 p.m.
Edited Apr. 29, 2018 at 9:14 p.m.
delete
Apr. 29, 2018 at 9:09 p.m.
ok... Let's screw over the tanking Vegas and give them 28th overall. Oh, and San Jose who should have a top 5 draft pick, let's give them 18th overall instead.. Also, Montreal definitely should get Svechnikov...

I'm thinking the V2 and V3 drafts would be separate entities
Apr. 29, 2018 at 9:13 p.m.
Lets Go Blues

I think part of what makes the game worthwhile is having GMs draft and sign UFAs. The plan is to have v3 start with those events rather than let them play out in real life.
Apr. 29, 2018 at 9:14 p.m.
Quoting: jmac490
I'm thinking the V2 and V3 drafts would be separate entities

again, I'm reading things wrong.. I need help
Apr. 29, 2018 at 9:39 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Quoting: A_K
I think part of what makes the game worthwhile is having GMs draft and sign UFAs. The plan is to have v3 start with those events rather than let them play out in real life.

I see your point, which then brings up an even more confusing set of questions.

Would v3 follow the real life draft order? This is a sweet deal for whoever is assigned as the NEW GM of Buffalo.
In order to allow the in game GM's a chance to draft who they want, which I also agree with, the v3 draft should be held within a few days of June 1st so we can all have time to put our new prospect lists together prior to our new team pages being posted.
Following that I would think free agency should open the day after the v3 draft is held. Again so we all have a chance to put the pieces in the right place on team pages prior to being posted. Unless we create and post our new team pages right after they are assigned.

Again, just thoughts, not meant to be set in stone.
And I really do agree with what you said.
Apr. 29, 2018 at 9:59 p.m.
I see your point, which then brings up an even more confusing set of questions.

Would v3 follow the real life draft order? This is a sweet deal for whoever is assigned as the NEW GM of Buffalo.
In order to allow the in game GM's a chance to draft who they want, which I also agree with, the v3 draft should be held within a few days of June 1st so we can all have time to put our new prospect lists together prior to our new team pages being posted.
Following that I would think free agency should open the day after the v3 draft is held. Again so we all have a chance to put the pieces in the right place on team pages prior to being posted. Unless we create and post our new team pages right after they are assigned.

Again, just thoughts, not meant to be set in stone.
And I really do agree with what you said.

I agree, there’s no point in not letting the gms of this league draft whomever they want. Going by real life drafting completely eliminates a facet of the game.

It’d be a waste to not get this version done right so it can last. Picks 2 years out are phony in the structure we’ve appearently used and even if the promise was to run 2 years it’d still eliminate the value of picks 3 years out because they don’t come to fruition. I think that’s silly and unrealistic seperateing us further from real gms.

If more minds need to be invested in getting the league right then there should be more polls used to get the majorities wishes done right on hot topics. That’s really the goal wether you fall in the majority or not. Falling outside the majority doesn’t mean you’re forced to like it, but the bright side is more people are happy if more opinions are incorporated.
Apr. 29, 2018 at 10:13 p.m.
Go Jackets
Late catching up but:
1. V3 Will be based on the IRL rosters as of June 1, 2018 (that’s also when people will formally select/be assigned their teams)
2. The entry draft will start the next day or so with the real life lottery order since the rosters reflect real life.
3. Free agency will be conducted starting before IRL to give people discretion to sign what UFAs they do or don’t want.
4. In the future years (ex: 2019 draft and beyond), the draft order would not be based of IRL since rosters and directions may be significantly different.
Irl = in real life
phillyjabroni, flamesfan419, rangersandislesfan and 1 other person liked this.
Apr. 29, 2018 at 10:26 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: matt59
Late catching up but:
1. V3 Will be based on the IRL rosters as of June 1, 2018 (that’s also when people will formally select/be assigned their teams)
2. The entry draft will start the next day or so with the real life lottery order since the rosters reflect real life.
3. Free agency will be conducted starting before IRL to give people discretion to sign what UFAs they do or don’t want.
4. In the future years (ex: 2019 draft and beyond), the draft order would not be based of IRL since rosters and directions may be significantly different.
Irl = in real life

Draft picks should be determined based of IRL so there is so controversy's. We all know what teams will be bad and who will be bad. Just makes it easier for everyone
Apr. 30, 2018 at 12:27 p.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Draft picks should be determined based of IRL so there is so controversy's. We all know what teams will be bad and who will be bad. Just makes it easier for everyone

Yeah but it makes sense the following year to use our rankings, rewarding the teams who have rebuilt on here instead of hurting them. If you were to rebuild with a team who barely makes the playoffs normally and then you end up with the 16th pick in the draft from owning your teams pick: it becomes less helpful and more unrealistic than getting the higher pick your team deserves imo.
Apr. 30, 2018 at 12:29 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: FryesLeapMaine
Yeah but it makes sense the following year to use our rankings, rewarding the teams who have rebuilt on here instead of hurting them. If you were to rebuild with a team who barely makes the playoffs normally and then you end up with the 16th pick in the draft from owning your teams pick: it becomes less helpful and more unrealistic than getting the higher pick your team deserves imo.

But if the rosters are reseting, what stops someone moving McDavid for the 1st overall pick? If you can then get McDavid back?
Apr. 30, 2018 at 12:33 p.m.
But if the rosters are reseting, what stops someone moving McDavid for the 1st overall pick? If you can then get McDavid back?

I thought v2 and v3 were separate entities.... it should be that way like v1 and v2 being separate. That would mean you couldn’t do anything with your team until it was reset meaning; if you traded him, hes gone for good.
Apr. 30, 2018 at 12:33 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: FryesLeapMaine
I thought v2 and v3 were separate entities.... it should be that way like v1 and v2 being separate. That would mean you couldn’t do anything with your team until it was reset meaning; if you traded him, hes gone for good.

V2 will continue, but V3 is a fresh start from what I understand.

Note: Not sure 100% if this is the correct thread for this conversation. Could message me on twitter or on St. Louis page to continue.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll