SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2017-18

2017-18 GM Game - News and Important Info Thread

Apr. 30, 2018 at 12:34 p.m.
Quoting: TMLSage
V2 will continue, but V3 is a fresh start from what I understand.

Yes so if you trade him in v2 it doesn’t matter to v3 so you’d not get him back if you traded him in v3.
Apr. 30, 2018 at 1:49 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: FryesLeapMaine
Yeah but it makes sense the following year to use our rankings, rewarding the teams who have rebuilt on here instead of hurting them. If you were to rebuild with a team who barely makes the playoffs normally and then you end up with the 16th pick in the draft from owning your teams pick: it becomes less helpful and more unrealistic than getting the higher pick your team deserves imo.

Then it becomes subjective. More opinion based
Apr. 30, 2018 at 2:16 p.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
We should honestly just restart fully. After the draft. Just so it makes all this commotion easier to understand...
Apr. 30, 2018 at 2:24 p.m.
Go Bruins Go
Quoting: GronkNation
We should honestly just restart fully. After the draft. Just so it makes all this commotion easier to understand...

I SECOND THAT MANS NOTION
Apr. 30, 2018 at 4:37 p.m.
Personally, I want to start v3 in May/June with the draft and free agency before they happen irl. similarly to how v2 was an improved v1, v3 will run separately and just improve on everything we've done to date.
Apr. 30, 2018 at 5:14 p.m.
Dear GM's,

This is a very important message regarding V3. There are a few things we have decided to do so far. The only givens are;
-We are starting June 1st with our draft. I am going to be the lone "commissioner" which will be similar to what I do as BOE currently. @phillyjabroni is basically stepping down from a managerial standpoint, however will still be around until his expansion team enters our league at the conclusion of next season.
-We will have 4 BOG members to assist me with various tasks. One will be appointed to each division. (order of seniority gets to choose the division they want).
-We are still in the process of deciding on what to do for team selection but here is a vague idea (feel free to give suggestions in the General Discussion thread. I will be gathering information on the team each of you cheers for. Obviously if there is a team in which only one person cheers for, they will receive that team. In the case of ties, we will go to seniority. You will also have the option of choosing to be "indifferent" which means you will be choosing from a list of remaining teams along with those who lost ties for their favourite teams. Then, it again comes down to seniority.
-I currently have 2 people interested in being BOG members so feel free to let me know if interested. If we receive more then 4 applicants, we will hold a vote. Again, please feel free to suggest anything but this is generally what I believe will work best.

Thanks from your new Commissioner,
Bo53Horvat
l9guysports, flamesfan419, rangersandislesfan and 3 others liked this.
Apr. 30, 2018 at 5:32 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
Dear GM's,

This is a very important message regarding V3. There are a few things we have decided to do so far. The only givens are;
-We are starting June 1st with our draft. I am going to be the lone "commissioner" which will be similar to what I do as BOE currently. @phillyjabroni is basically stepping down from a managerial standpoint, however will still be around until his expansion team enters our league at the conclusion of next season.
-We will have 4 BOG members to assist me with various tasks. One will be appointed to each division. (order of seniority gets to choose the division they want).
-We are still in the process of deciding on what to do for team selection but here is a vague idea (feel free to give suggestions in the General Discussion thread. I will be gathering information on the team each of you cheers for. Obviously if there is a team in which only one person cheers for, they will receive that team. In the case of ties, we will go to seniority. You will also have the option of choosing to be "indifferent" which means you will be choosing from a list of remaining teams along with those who lost ties for their favourite teams. Then, it again comes down to seniority.
-I currently have 2 people interested in being BOG members so feel free to let me know if interested. If we receive more then 4 applicants, we will hold a vote. Again, please feel free to suggest anything but this is generally what I believe will work best.

Thanks from your new Commissioner,
Bo53Horvat

Dont thinki i agree with having a BOE. Ill be a BOG
Apr. 30, 2018 at 5:37 p.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Dont thinki i agree with having a BOE. Ill be a BOG

There's no BOE. I am the commissioner and the BOG will help me with decision making and other various tasks for their respective divisions.
Apr. 30, 2018 at 9:29 p.m.
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
There's no BOE. I am the commissioner and the BOG will help me with decision making and other various tasks for their respective divisions.

I’ll volunteer to be a bog, I don’t mind the burden of being objective while having my own team.
If we can’t have a team i’ll Still volunteer to make the system work.... having a league that runs fir one season albeit successfully, is crap to all the other picks an armchair offers.... it’s as Eric cartman says...l trying to reach the young ppl.... “ super weak”..... you can’t eliminate future picks or else the game gets smaller in growth.

I don’t mind missing out on v3 as long as it’s done right.... a puny one year league is worthless imo and not connecting the rightful players with realistic expectations....even s two year league isn’t reaching potential.... the picks go out 3 seasons yo... you’re telling me that 3rd year picks become nothings?

I suggest more brains added to this situation... you can’t seriously suggest 1 person is going to do this with limited help?
May 1, 2018 at 7:53 a.m.
GM Game v1 v2
@phillyjabroni
I don't understand how v3 is any different from v2. You're just starting the game over, and you're going to have the same problem again. Why bother?
May 1, 2018 at 8:21 a.m.
Quoting: We_Want_The_Cup
@phillyjabroni
I don't understand how v3 is any different from v2. You're just starting the game over, and you're going to have the same problem again. Why bother?

With the addition of an expansion team and some other policy changes, the game is designed to be used for more than one year.
May 2, 2018 at 6:38 p.m.
Will AGMs be able to choose teams in V3?
May 2, 2018 at 6:41 p.m.
Go Bruins Go
Quoting: WhisperWhisper

I’m guessing if they have open spots for teams yeah. I think it might also might go by seniority
May 2, 2018 at 8:24 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Quoting: WhisperWhisper

Generally no. However if there are teams left open when v3 begins, there is a chance AGM's will be asked if they want to be promoted to a GM role.
But as is mentioned below, this is usually done by asking the longest serving AGM's first and working down from there.
That's the best I can tell you right now.

Quoting: The_Real_FBGM_37
I’m guessing if they have open spots for teams yeah. I think it might also might go by seniority
May 3, 2018 at 10:54 a.m.
Lets Go Blues
As of today, May 3rd, the trade market is now open. 4 trades this calendar month. There will be a second round of UFA extensions if needed, although players that were acquired after the trade deadline will not be eligible for extension (i.e. trade and sign deals will not be allowed)
Daryl and rangersandislesfan liked this.
May 3, 2018 at 11:02 a.m.
I know it would be fun to keep this fantasy going but I think the game should start over again after the draft with a fresh reset. Some teams have been utterly destroyed by bad management that it's basically unsalvageable. No talent left and no picks for the foreseeable future.

Its basically going to be the same guys with all star teams year after year with half the other teams looking like AHL affiliates......
May 3, 2018 at 11:05 a.m.
Tyler Paluzzi
Quoting: F50marco
I know it would be fun to keep this fantasy going but I think the game should start over again after the draft with a fresh reset. Some teams have been utterly destroyed by bad management that it's basically unsalvageable. No talent left and no picks for the foreseeable future.

Its basically going to be the same guys with all star teams year after year with half the other teams looking like AHL affiliates......

Agreed
May 3, 2018 at 11:09 a.m.
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: F50marco

To clarify, V2 will be taking a back seat to V3, similar to the current state of V1. If people are still active on v2, we can decide to continue with events like the entry draft and UFA signing period, but pretty much the entire V2 community is moving to V3. V3 is a hard reset; new teams will be assigned, rosters will reset, and we will begin with the entry draft.
May 3, 2018 at 11:14 a.m.
Quoting: A_K
To clarify, V2 will be taking a back seat to V3, similar to the current state of V1. If people are still active on v2, we can decide to continue with events like the entry draft and UFA signing period, but pretty much the entire V2 community is moving to V3. V3 is a hard reset; new teams will be assigned, rosters will reset, and we will begin with the entry draft.

Oh ok cool I thought it was still up in the air.

I approve this decision. Sticking Out Tongue
A_K liked this.
May 3, 2018 at 11:47 a.m.

If the draft and FA isn't going to happen, I suggest allowing trades again.
May 3, 2018 at 11:48 a.m.
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
If the draft and FA isn't going to happen, I suggest allowing trades again.

As of today, May 3rd, the trade market is now open. 4 trades this calendar month. There will be a second round of UFA extensions if needed, although players that were acquired after the trade deadline will not be eligible for extension (i.e. trade and sign deals will not be allowed)
rangersandislesfan liked this.
May 3, 2018 at 11:51 a.m.

**** I'm blind

Also, for UFAs, Matthew Peca 1 year 650k
May 10, 2018 at 1:51 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Edited May 10, 2018 at 1:58 p.m.
V3 Team Assignments:

@rangersandislesfan New York Islanders

@Turner33 Carolina Hurricanes

@BoltsPoint21 Tampa Bay Lightning

@matt59 Columbus Blue Jackets

@ricochetii Montreal Canadiens

@plNHL Colorado Avalanche

@Rodzikhockey93 Toronto Maple Leafs

@mhockey91 Pittsburgh Penguins

@Math Nashville Predators

@TrueNorth Winnepeg Jets

@Daryl Arizona Coyotes

@TonyStrecher Vancouver Canucks

@NateElder12 Philadelphia Flyers

@Icegirl Minnesota Wild

@Mr_cap Dallas Stars

@l9guysports Boston Bruins

@krakowitz Washington Capitals

@A_K St. Louis Blues

@TabooPenguo Vegas Golden Knights

@KSIxSKULLS Florida Panthers

@GronkNation Los Angeles Kings

@Ethereal Anaheim Ducks

@flamesfan419 Calgary Flames

@HallforHart New Jersey Devils

@JT_Miller New York Rangers

@Zach Buffalo Sabres

@HoffmanisKing Ottawa Senators

@MrBooth Detroit Red Wings

@realOilersGM17 Edmonton Oilers

@MacWinnon San Jose Sharks

@TMLSage Chicago Blackhawks

@phillyjabroni Houston Apollos
flamesfan419, Mr_cap, mhockey91 and 15 others liked this.
May 10, 2018 at 1:54 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Edited May 10, 2018 at 2:03 p.m.
V3 GM Wait List*:

@FryesLeapMaine

@Max

@beanie2911

@DeadGuy63

@EthanK24

@WhisperWhisper

*This list does not singly determine GM appointments. GMs will be selected by BOG based on a combination of seniority, experience, site activity, team knowledge and general expertise of players around the league.
flamesfan419, TheWhisperer, l9guysports and 1 other person liked this.
May 13, 2018 at 4:47 p.m.
Alright, notice to everybody; BOG entry submissions are being taken until Wednesday at Noon. After that there'll be a vote for 4 members. Anyone interested let me know in the General Discussion thread.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll