Who has the better overall team?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Sep. 18, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: boltscharge17
Quoting: ON3M4N
\

Paul is the wrong person to be talking to about this lol. He's made it very clear his disdain for fantasy type stuff. Just walk away now before the thread turns into a massive bating/flamming fest where CF gets flooded with reported post because things get out of hand.

If that's the case, he shouldnt even come to this thread.

Dogs also shouldn't drink from the toilet, but some beings don't do what is logical.
Pasta88Sauce, nobody and LicMysak liked this.
Sep. 18, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: PaulDunnill
Gm Game comments should be in another forum

in the GM game forum you can't just randomly make a thread.
Sep. 19, 2017 at 4:51 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Quoting: PaulDunnill
Gm Game comments should be in another forum

in the GM game forum you can't just randomly make a thread.

Oh ok, good point RAIF! Someone on here has common sense!!!
Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:32 a.m.
Quoting: ON3M4N
\

Paul is the wrong person to be talking to about this lol. He's made it very clear his disdain for fantasy type stuff. Just walk away now before the thread turns into a massive bating/flamming fest where CF gets flooded with reported post because things get out of hand.

If that's the case, he shouldnt even come to this thread.

Not sure why you're telling me lol
Sep. 24, 2017 at 1:43 p.m.
Now that we have the original GM back, who's is better?

Cap or DavidBooth's Penguins?
Sep. 24, 2017 at 2:03 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni

Booth but he was massively cap ****ed
Pasta88Sauce and nobody liked this.
Sep. 24, 2017 at 3:24 p.m.

I think everyone knows what my answer is...
Sep. 24, 2017 at 3:25 p.m.
Quoting: DavidBooth7

Cap's of course. No question.
Sep. 24, 2017 at 3:47 p.m.
Edited Sep. 24, 2017 at 5:45 p.m.
Florida Panthers in 8 years...

Tons of cap space.
No bad contracts.
18 1st round picks over next 3 years.
Nearly 50 total picks aswell
Young core of players/ star players.
Plethora of grade A prospects in every position.

Yup sitting pretty. cool
phillyjabroni liked this.
Sep. 24, 2017 at 4:11 p.m.
NBABound

Mine was younger, deeper, and had a brighter future as well as a cup contender for the next 5 years minimum.
Sep. 24, 2017 at 5:47 p.m.
I'm sorry Cap, but with all due respect, my GM'ing for Pittsburgh was far better than yours. I'll sum it up in two words: Asset Management. I'll show you one example of the many

First Trade:
To Pittsburgh: Justin Faulk, Travis Dermott, Brendan Leipsic, Joseph Woll
To Toronto: Kris Letang

Now, this is a good deal on its own. Letangs health is questionable, yet Faulk is someone you can rely on for 82 games. Dermott, Leipsic, and Woll are absolutely stud prospects. But...it gets better

2nd Trade:
To Toronto: Wayne Simmonds, 2018 2nd, 2019 2nd, 2018 3rd
To Philidelphia: Justin Faulk
EQUALS: Letang for Simmonds, 2018 2nd, 2019 2nd, 2018 3rd, Dermott, Woll, Leipsic

In coming a top line forward, and high picks (considering how philly will be in the bottom of the table) . Moving on

3rd Deal:
To Toronto: Shea Weber @50% retained
To NYI: Travis Dermott, Brendan Leipsic, 2018 1st

So what actually happened, from that first trade, assuming the two seconds cancels the 1st out?

IN: Shea Weber @50% retained, Wayne Simmonds, 2018 3rd, Joseph Woll
OUT: Kris Letang

Hold up. You don't mean to say that I got, in exchange for a top 10 dman, another top 10 dman, then also got a top line winger, stud goalie prospect, and more for free?

I got plenty more examples like that one. I turned Jake Guentzel, Cliff Pu and Nicolas Baptise, into Oliver Ekman Larsson, Sam Reinhart, Phillip Danault. I literally made a trade, which swapped Schultz, for Brent Burns. I turned Ryan Spooner into Chris Kreider. I have shunned and ripped GMs off so much, that now you can brag about how good Pittsburgh is.

This isn't mean to stroke my ego, or to say you're a bad GM. Of course you're a great GM, and a great guy. I'm not saying the Pittsburgh team now is bad. But honestly, I strongly believe my GMing, and team, was much better than yours.
Sep. 24, 2017 at 6:04 p.m.
NBABound
Lol asset management? Ok, hows your future lookin?

You also talk about how you made two trades with TOR and NYI. Two trades with TOR and NYI. You also talk abiut how you made two trades with TOR and NYI. You made two trades with TOR and NYI. Thats two trades with TOR and NYI. Get where im going with this? Search up both GMs. Thats where im going with this.

Im not going to comment on how you managed to get these players from the "GMs" but Ive heard stories on some of them.

The only thing that was better was the 2RW position and the 1RHD position. Thats it. No elite prospects. No prospects at all.

You wanna talk about asset management? Lmao. You were over the cap by like 10 million. I managed to get under that and by not sacrafising much. Only to manage the assets and get younger and deeper.

Asset management. Lol.
Sep. 24, 2017 at 6:11 p.m.
Quoting: Mr_cap

You also talk about how you made two trades with TOR and NYI. Two trades with TOR and NYI. You also talk abiut how you made two trades with TOR and NYI. You made two trades with TOR and NYI. Thats two trades with TOR and NYI. Get where im going with this? Search up both GMs. Thats where im going with this.

Im not going to comment on how you managed to get these players from the "GMs" but Ive heard stories on some of them.

The only thing that was better was the 2RW position and the 1RHD position. Thats it. No elite prospects. No prospects at all.

You wanna talk about asset management? Lmao. You were over the cap by like 10 million. I managed to get under that and by not sacrafising much. Only to manage the assets and get younger and deeper.

Asset management. Lol.

They are the best GMs though. We all know RAIF and Whisper are like the best and Turner and Zach are **** compared to them
Sep. 24, 2017 at 6:33 p.m.

Asset management. Lol.

What the heck is your point? I've also dealt with Anaheim, Boston, Buffalo, Carolina, Colorado, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Edmonton, Florida, Montreal, Minnesota, Nashville, NYR, Ottawa, Philidelphia, San Jose, St Louis, Vancouver, and others.

Toronto has had 3 different GM's. I've dealt with all 3

I've also made many deals like Matt, Zach, Rico, Marco, Dangles, etc. So don't pull BS on me that I only trade with the village idiots.

I got Zach to trade me Backstorm @50% retained and Stecher for Malkin. And Zach is not Whisper or RAIF, is he. He's a hella good GM. Icegirl, who you worked for as AGM, gave me Kreider for Spooner. Jmac gave me Ryan Ellis for Stecher and a pick. DarylthePony gave me Leddy, Domi, Danault and a 1st rounder for Draisaitl. Jacketsman, who's a BOE in v2, gave me Draisaitl, for Guentzel and a 2019 1st. Another BOE in this game, BoHorvat, gave me Brent Burns for Schultz straight up. As far as I'm concerned, these people are not only Toronto or NYI. A lot of my fleeces came at the expense of highly respected GMs.

I could go on all day Cap. But I don't feel like arguing here any further. If you want to say your superior to me, whatever. I couldn't care less.
Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:12 p.m.
NBABound

Asset management. Lol.

What the heck is your point? I've also dealt with Anaheim, Boston, Buffalo, Carolina, Colorado, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Edmonton, Florida, Montreal, Minnesota, Nashville, NYR, Ottawa, Philidelphia, San Jose, St Louis, Vancouver, and others.

I've also made many deals like Matt, Zach, Rico, Marco, Dangles, etc. So don't pull BS on me that I only trade with the village idiots.

I got Zach to trade me Backstorm @50% retained and Stecher for Malkin. And Zach is not Whisper or RAIF, is he. He's a hella good GM. Icegirl, who you worked for as AGM, gave me Kreider for Spooner. Jmac gave me Ryan Ellis for Stecher and a pick. DarylthePony gave me Leddy, Domi, Danault and a 1st rounder for Draisaitl. Jacketsman, who's a BOE in v2, gave me Draisaitl, for Guentzel and a 2019 1st. Another BOE in this game, BoHorvat, gave me Brent Burns for Schultz straight up. As far as I'm concerned, these people are not only Toronto or NYI. A lot of my fleeces came at the expense of highly respected GMs.

I could go on all day Cap. But I don't feel like arguing here any further. If you want to say your superior to me, whatever. I couldn't care less.

Like I said Ive heard many stories on these so called 'trades' Booth.
Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:46 p.m.

Rumours are Rumours. People have said enough crap about me that isn't true. Believe whatever the hell you want cap. You're not worth arguing with.

Can someone pls delete or lock this thread. It's become useless now
Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:49 p.m.
NBABound

Rumours are Rumours. People have said enough crap about me that isn't true. Believe whatever the hell you want cap. You're not worth arguing with.

Can someone pls delete or lock this thread. It's become useless now

Lmao why has it become useless? The subject even isnt about you. Please move on if you dont like it.
Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:50 p.m.
this thread isnt useless. its providing me with quality entertainment
Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:54 p.m.
NBABound
Quoting: Pasta88Sauce

Your very welcome then.
Pasta88Sauce liked this.
Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:58 p.m.
May contain nuts
I'm sorry Cap, but with all due respect, my GM'ing for Pittsburgh was far better than yours. I'll sum it up in two words: Asset Management. I'll show you one example of the many

First Trade:
To Pittsburgh: Justin Faulk, Travis Dermott, Brendan Leipsic, Joseph Woll
To Toronto: Kris Letang

Now, this is a good deal on its own. Letangs health is questionable, yet Faulk is someone you can rely on for 82 games. Dermott, Leipsic, and Woll are absolutely stud prospects. But...it gets better

2nd Trade:
To Toronto: Wayne Simmonds, 2018 2nd, 2019 2nd, 2018 3rd
To Philidelphia: Justin Faulk
EQUALS: Letang for Simmonds, 2018 2nd, 2019 2nd, 2018 3rd, Dermott, Woll, Leipsic

In coming a top line forward, and high picks (considering how philly will be in the bottom of the table) . Moving on

3rd Deal:
To Toronto: Shea Weber @50% retained
To NYI: Travis Dermott, Brendan Leipsic, 2018 1st

So what actually happened, from that first trade, assuming the two seconds cancels the 1st out?

IN: Shea Weber @50% retained, Wayne Simmonds, 2018 3rd, Joseph Woll
OUT: Kris Letang

Hold up. You don't mean to say that I got, in exchange for a top 10 dman, another top 10 dman, then also got a top line winger, stud goalie prospect, and more for free?

I got plenty more examples like that one. I turned Jake Guentzel, Cliff Pu and Nicolas Baptise, into Oliver Ekman Larsson, Sam Reinhart, Phillip Danault. I literally made a trade, which swapped Schultz, for Brent Burns. I turned Ryan Spooner into Chris Kreider. I have shunned and ripped GMs off so much, that now you can brag about how good Pittsburgh is.

This isn't mean to stroke my ego, or to say you're a bad GM. Of course you're a great GM, and a great guy. I'm not saying the Pittsburgh team now is bad. But honestly, I strongly believe my GMing, and team, was much better than yours.

Don't remind me. (Though I did turn a package with Spooner in it into Kuznetsov...)
nobody liked this.
Sep. 25, 2017 at 1:26 a.m.
Quoting: Pasta88Sauce

Me too!!
Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:47 a.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
I think we all know who has the best team........... Carolina.

All I'm missing is 1 top 4 RHD, everything else is awesome.

Gaudreau - Eichel - Kane
Zetterberg - Stamkos - Marner
Lehkonen - Reinhart - Yakupov
Vatrano - Smith - Gauthier

Suter - Ristolainen
Skjei - Tennyson
Nurse - Bear

Murray
Miller

Suter is at 50% retained salary
Kane is at 40% retained salary
Zetterberg is at 50% retained salary

Still have prospects like Aston Reese, Vilardi, Steel, Dahlen, McNiven, ect.
Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:50 a.m.
NBABound
Quoting: Zach

Gaudreau - Eichel - Kane

Suter - Ristolainen
Skjei - Tennyson
Nurse - Bear

Murray
Miller

Lol
Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:59 p.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan

Gaudreau - Eichel - Kane

Suter - Ristolainen
Skjei - Tennyson
Nurse - Bear

Murray
Miller

Lol

Gotta remember, when I started, it was Carolina LOL
Sep. 27, 2017 at 10:55 a.m.

Gaudreau - Eichel - Kane

Suter - Ristolainen
Skjei - Tennyson
Nurse - Bear

Murray
Miller

Kane, Zetterberg and Yakupov are crap. Your D is useless!! Miller should just retire - garbage! Always has been....

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit