SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game

Pre-season Discussion Thread

Sep. 15, 2017 at 7:13 p.m.
Go Habs Go
This thread is for discussion only. The various steps of the process will have their own threads at the appropriate time, and official posts will be made there. Here is the outline for the process of eventually setting your opening day rosters. Step 1 will begin shortly.

Quote:
In order for everyone to set their opening day 23 man roster and deal with some players who will not be under NHL contract this season.
Your 23 man roster and any relevant "discrepancies" and player removals will be dealt with at this time.

First Step: Removal of players
Only players that fall under one or more of these conditions will be eligible to be removed from your roster/cap.

1. Was not under contract IRL when retiring - Off your roster and off your books
2. Was under contract IRL when retiring - Off your roster and off your books UNLESS they were on a 35+ contract, where the full cap hit will still apply.
2b. Cap recapture penalties, if applicable, would also apply.
3. Left for another league (regardless of contract status) - The rights to the player will remain on your books, but the cap hit will be reduced to league minimum. (Markov, Andrei $5.5M x 2 years becomes (R) Markov, Andrei $650k x 2 years). If such player returns prior to the term expiring, you may re-sign them to match their IRL contract. If you choose not to, they will be placed on waivers under the same conditions. You may not keep them as "Rights" unless they clear waivers.
4. LTIR situations will be dealt with at the same time if possible. Obvious ones will be approved, but some will have to wait until their RL team puts them on LTIR, which is the only way we can confirm their status.

Teams will provide a list of names, along with the condition that applies to them. Be aware that only Capfriendly confirmed cases may be submitted at this time.
You will have the option to remove players under these same conditions if they are confirmed at a later date, this is only to get the bulk of the currently confirmed cases dealt with.

Second Step: Waiver Exempt non-roster players
Players who will not be part of your opening day roster may be sent to the minors, provided they are currently exempt from waivers.

1. Teams will bring ALL of their players up to their main roster.
2. Players may not be sent down at this point.
3. Teams will submit a list of waiver exempt players they wish to send down. Only after confirmation and approval can they be moved.
4. Teams will submit a list of the remaining players they wish to send down. These players will be placed on waivers and eligible to be claimed. Players who clear waivers may be sent down. Players who are claimed will be removed from your roster instead.
5. The players that remain on your roster at this point will be your opening day roster. You must have at least 20 players on your roster at all times, including a minimum of 12 forwards, 6 defense, and 2 goalies.
6. You must also be cap compliant. Your roster will be checked once it is set (there will be a temporary freeze to prevent changes until calculations are complete).

Third Step: In-season activity
Once your roster is compliant, it must remain compliant throughout the season.
In-season waivers will be instituted. Call ups and/or send downs will have to be posted for waiver purposes. (Details to follow)
Any movement which results in exceeding roster or cap restrictions, must be immediately followed by a movement that corrects the overage/shortage.
Sep. 30, 2017 at 7:49 p.m.
Not yet trannycided
Not sure where to put this, but...

Minnesota Wild
Steve Bernier: Has been placed on waivers.
Zach Palmquist: Has been placed on waivers.
Sep. 30, 2017 at 8:34 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Icegirl

Minnesota Wild

I've been out sick for a week, but I'm going to try to help everyone get their final opening day rosters set and that will probably be a wrap on v1.
We can then discuss whether to have a reboot of v1 or do something else. Give me a few more days to recuperate. smile
Sep. 30, 2017 at 9:03 p.m.
Not yet trannycided
Quoting: ricochetii

Minnesota Wild

I've been out sick for a week, but I'm going to try to help everyone get their final opening day rosters set and that will probably be a wrap on v1.
We can then discuss whether to have a reboot of v1 or do something else. Give me a few more days to recuperate. smile

Chances are I'm the only one who's gonna do this. There are also several players that I want to sign (I can accommodate 15) before the game ends.

Also hope you feel better!
Oct. 1, 2017 at 8:03 a.m.
VegasGMV2.LeafsGMV1
Feel better Rico
ricochetii liked this.
Oct. 3, 2017 at 3:27 p.m.
Not yet trannycided
Minnesota Wild
Tomas Jurco: Has been placed on waivers.
Oct. 4, 2017 at 11:25 a.m.
Not yet trannycided
Edited Oct. 4, 2017 at 2:33 p.m.
Can I do the following things as well?

Minnesota Wild
Ron Hainsey: $650,000 x 2 years
Daniel Winnik: $650,000 x 1 year
Oct. 5, 2017 at 10:19 p.m.
Go Habs Go
For simplicity sake ... just to get this done and over with.
I'm thinking I just create a thread with a template for everyone to submit their "finished product".

1. Post players you need removed or LTIR for the entire season (requires approval). Don't worry about players that are only out temporarily. I already started this process, so unless I hear from someone, I will assume they are delinquent and not interested in finishing their roster. If you need approval for such a player, you can request in that thread.
2. Finalize your roster to 23 players (we won't bother with waivers at this point). We'll track final lineups in a post for posterity.
3. Must be cap compliant (should go without saying). We'll include final cap numbers with the final lineups.

Some people may have liked to pick up a couple of remaining free agents or make waiver claims, but that requires an active group and participation, which we don't have at this point. For our purposes, we will assume you were unsuccessful in claiming or signing a player you may have had interest in.

Thoughts?
Oct. 5, 2017 at 10:51 p.m.
Not yet trannycided
I'm thinking I just create a thread with a template for everyone to submit their "finished product".

1. Post players you need removed or LTIR for the entire season (requires approval). Don't worry about players that are only out temporarily. I already started this process, so unless I hear from someone, I will assume they are delinquent and not interested in finishing their roster. If you need approval for such a player, you can request in that thread.
2. Finalize your roster to 23 players (we won't bother with waivers at this point). We'll track final lineups in a post for posterity.
3. Must be cap compliant (should go without saying). We'll include final cap numbers with the final lineups.

Some people may have liked to pick up a couple of remaining free agents or make waiver claims, but that requires an active group and participation, which we don't have at this point. For our purposes, we will assume you were unsuccessful in claiming or signing a player you may have had interest in.

Thoughts?

Eh, I guess so. But I can't have a finished product without Hainsey and Winnik, among a handful of others.

If nobody besides me cares, can I just take a few and then call it quits?
Oct. 7, 2017 at 7:08 p.m.
Not yet trannycided

Thoughts?

Eh, I guess so. But I can't have a finished product without Hainsey and Winnik, among a handful of others.

If nobody besides me cares, can I just take a few and then call it quits?

I'll take the following four if it's okay:

Minnesota Wild
Daniel Winnik @ $650,000 x 1 year
Ron Hainsey @ $650,000 x 2 years
Oskar Fantenberg @ ELC
Giovanni Fiore @ ELC

Then bye-bye v1.
Oct. 16, 2017 at 1:57 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Feel free to follow suit: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/95425

Time to throw in the towel on V1. I've put all my team details in that thread for posterity with a direct link so I can check back on it when I feel like it.
I'll give it about 2 weeks, then I'll let Banks know he can archive and shut it down.

Anything you do is for your own personal records and is optional.
Oct. 16, 2017 at 2:01 p.m.

Time to throw in the towel on V1. I've put all my team details in that thread for posterity with a direct link so I can check back on it when I feel like it.
I'll give it about 2 weeks, then I'll let Banks know he can archive and shut it down.

I feel like doing the same with my good'ol Pens ?
Oct. 16, 2017 at 2:38 p.m.

Agreed, there is barely enough people to play V2 and half the people who played V1 aren't even playing V1 anymore. Sucks cuz a lot of us put a lot work into it but its time to call it. Its over.
Jan. 30, 2018 at 3:14 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
It's past the pre-season but Ottawa GM (if you're still on CF), is Trouba available? I can't seem to be able to ask you on your page so i'm just asking here in case you happen to see this.
Nov. 19, 2018 at 1:03 p.m.
Not yet trannycided
Here's how my dynasty is looking. We had some good times in this game.
https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/178365

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll