SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2017-18

2017-18 GM Game - Messages to the BOE Thread

Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:03 a.m.
NBABound
Why Erik Johnson will waive his NMC:

He plays for the Avs.
PrincessChloe, Max, nobody and 1 other person liked this.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:56 a.m.
Out
Quoting: F50marco
Why is everyone inventing these sobs stories about a player wanting to waive their NMCs?

You need to post actual evidence in the form of sources and quotes. Not just conjecture.

Lol

IDK, these made-up stories are entertaining!
Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:35 a.m.
Quoting: Mr_cap
Why Erik Johnson will waive his NMC:

He plays for the Avs.

This is one that I could see happening, especially this year if the Avs fall again. However, I see this as more of an in-season move when and if the Avalanche once again struggle. It is a possibility in the future but right now, I vote against it (Bo 0-1)
Sep. 20, 2017 at 12:03 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
We've been getting assistant gm threads being created in the armchair-gm section. To do this users are creating fake teams that aren't intended to discuss their armchair gm team. Normally we delete or move these threads. So to help you all in search for your assistant gm teams, the BOE should decide on one of the two methods below for users to use, and we will global sticky these so they can be seen across each forum until an assistant is found.

1. master AGM search thread
2. each user creates their own AGM search thread here in GM Game forum section

I prefer method 1 for simplicity, but it's up to you.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 12:20 p.m.
Banks : I prefer option 1.

However, I don't think the users we would target (recruited Arm-Chair users) check the Forums section enough for a thread, should that be the location of it.
Another option would be just stopping by there Arm-Chair pages and inviting them. Ak_Tune was officially recruited that way; it is a great way to find the diamonds in the ruff.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 12:20 p.m.
0-2 for the NMC of Erik Johnson being waived for lack of evidence.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 12:21 p.m.
NMC of Erik Johnson is not being waived at this time (0-2); Bo53Horvat and phillyjabroni
Sep. 20, 2017 at 12:22 p.m.
Spezza has both a Modified NTC and a NMC, because of the Modified NTC does that mean I can trade him or does the NMC stop that?
Edit: I'm pretty sure that the NMC is just to stop him from getting dumped to the minors
ricochetii liked this.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 12:46 p.m.
Wait, Derek Stepan had a NTC from his conract with NYR but according to CapFriendly:

"CLAUSE DETAILS: Stepan was traded on June 23, 2017, prior to the NTC coming into effect, and therefore the NTC may have been voided. Starting in 2019-20 to 2020-21, Lists 15 teams he cannot be traded to.
CLAUSE SOURCE: @PLeonardNYDN
".

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/derek-stepan

Similar to PK Subban's NMC not being honoured by Nashville when he was traded, It is perfectly plausible that Stepan's NTC no longer needs to be honoured either.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/pk-subban

Here is also a source that says when a player is traded before a NTC or NMC comes into affect, a team may choose to honor or not the clauses. As they do not carry forward with them. They can be reinstated if the team agrees to it.

http://fulltiltnyr.com/ignoring-800lb-gorilla-room-derek-stepans-contract/

Seeing as I can imagine any team given the option to not have to honour a restricting clause, would not honour it, I think Stepan's clause should be considered null and void until proven otherwise. Unfortunately, the teams and player are not obliged to give this information out to the public so we may not get an official ruling on it until much later when it may be pertinent to divulge this info.
ricochetii liked this.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 1:20 p.m.
Banned
Honestly we should just act as if NMC and NTC's don't exist. It would make things much easier and more enjoyable.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 1:24 p.m.
NBABound
Quoting: DirtyDangles
Honestly we should just act as if NMC and NTC's don't exist. It would make things much easier and more enjoyable.

Nah its much more realistic and more strategic.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 1:29 p.m.
May contain nuts
Actually I think players with an NMC and a M-NTC can be traded. To my knowledge, it works like this

Just NMC = cannot be traded, waived, or loaned
NMC + M-NTC = cannot be waived or loaned; can be traded only to certain teams
Just NTC = cannot be traded; can be waived or loaned
M-NTC = can be waived or loaned; can be traded only to certain teams

I think that's why some players who get NMCs also get M-NTCs. That allows them to be traded to some teams; if a player gets just an NMC, then they can't be traded to any team. Could you guys look into this? If I am correct, that should theoretically mean that players with NMCs + M-NTCs can be traded; they just can't be sent to the minors.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 1:31 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: Icegirl
Actually I think players with an NMC and a M-NTC can be traded. To my knowledge, it works like this

I think that's why some players who get NMCs also get M-NTCs. That allows them to be traded to some teams; if a player gets just an NMC, then they can't be traded to any team. Could you guys look into this? If I am correct, that should theoretically mean that players with NMCs + M-NTCs can be traded; they just can't be sent to the minors.

This is correct.
PrincessChloe liked this.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 1:35 p.m.
May contain nuts
Quoting: Banks
Quoting: Icegirl

This is correct.

Well good news Cap and Bennett: Ejo and Spezza can be traded.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 2:05 p.m.
Erik Johnson, per his contract, can list 19 teams that he would be traded to; however, I am unaware of any information of the specifics on those teams.

Jason Spezza, per his contract, can list 10 teams he does not want to be traded to; however, I am unaware of any information of the specifics on those teams.

Unless we have the specifics on those lists, I don't see any way on how we can maneuver through those clauses. It's all speculation from the GMs standpoint if they would or not, and they are still entitled to make a case regarding waiving the clause.

NMC and NTC were one of the biggest things that we wanted to change heading into the new game. Nobody obtusely objected to it when it was presented to the GMs, and nobody made a comment about it being a potential roadblock, specifically for the clause issue. Sacrificing realism for convenience isn't something that I would recommend at this time.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 2:09 p.m.
Wait isn't it listed in the rule thread google document that:

"No-Movement Clauses and No-Trade Clauses
All teams must honor the NMC that any of their players has at the start of the GM Game. However, if a GM can provide evidence that a player with a NMC would waive the clause, the BOE will rule on whether the clause is to be upheld or waived.

No-Trade Clauses are allowed to be traded, but may only be traded once throughout the span of the no-trade clause. This also includes partial no trade clauses."

Im confused.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 2:26 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Erik Johnson, per his contract, can list 19 teams that he would be traded to; however, I am unaware of any information of the specifics on those teams.

Jason Spezza, per his contract, can list 10 teams he does not want to be traded to; however, I am unaware of any information of the specifics on those teams.

Unless we have the specifics on those lists, I don't see any way on how we can maneuver through those clauses. It's all speculation from the GMs standpoint if they would or not, and they are still entitled to make a case regarding waiving the clause.

NMC and NTC were one of the biggest things that we wanted to change heading into the new game. Nobody obtusely objected to it when it was presented to the GMs, and nobody made a comment about it being a potential roadblock, specifically for the clause issue. Sacrificing realism for convenience isn't something that I would recommend at this time.

If regular NTC's can be traded why can't M-NTC's be traded

Edit: just saw that u were going to look into it
Sep. 20, 2017 at 3:21 p.m.
The implication of having a separate NTC with a NMC, during the same year, is that the NMC doesn't include a NTC when they in the same year(s).

NMC cannot be waived, however, a NTC can be waived, only once during the duration of the NTC clause.

It would appear that, as long as the NTC and NMC are in conjunction with each other, the NTC can be waived and the NMC is still upheld, since the NTC usurps the underlying clause in the NMC pertaining to trades.

I apologize to the confusion; I was primarily talking about when NTC and NMC are in the same year, but since the NMC doesn't include a "trade clause", since it is a separate entity, the NTC can be waived.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 3:23 p.m.
NMC (no NTC separated) - cannot be traded, waived, or loaned
NMC (NTC separated) - cannot be waived, or loaned; traded only once throughout the duration of the NTC
NTC and M-NTC - can be traded only once throughout the duration of the NTC
Mr_cap liked this.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 3:26 p.m.
The implication of having a separate NTC with a NMC, during the same year, is that the NMC doesn't include a NTC when they in the same year(s).

NMC cannot be waived, however, a NTC can be waived, only once during the duration of the NTC clause.

It would appear that, as long as the NTC and NMC are in conjunction with each other, the NTC can be waived and the NMC is still upheld, since the NTC usurps the underlying clause in the NMC pertaining to trades.

I apologize to the confusion; I was primarily talking about when NTC and NMC are in the same year, but since the NMC doesn't include a "trade clause", since it is a separate entity, the NTC can be waived.

See this:

Quoting: Banks

This is correct.

NMC means you have a NTC. If it is a modified NTC, the abbreviation needs to be extended to NMC M-NTC.

I don't think there is such thing as a NMC that doesn't have a NTC already included in it. Maybe Im not understanding what your saying?

EDIT: NVM i saw your second post now.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 3:29 p.m.
NMC (NTC separated) - cannot be waived, or loaned; traded only once throughout the duration of the NTC

So the only players that can't be traded are players with NMC's only with nothing else listed/shown. Anyone listed as (NMC M-NTC), (NTC), (M-NTC) can all be traded once during their contract.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 3:35 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco

So the only players that can't be traded are players with NMC's only with nothing else listed/shown. Anyone listed as (NMC M-NTC), (NTC), (M-NTC) can all be traded once during their contract.

According to this rule then, these are the only players who can't be traded because they only have NMC with modifications on it.

1. Patrick Kane
2. Jonathan Toews
3. Anze Kopitar
4. Evgeni Malkin
5. Jamie Benn
6. Sidney Crosby
7. Corey Perry
8. Henrik Lundqvist
9. Steven Stamkos
10. Claude Giroux
11. Ryan Getzlaf
12. Joe Thornton
14. Victor Hedman
16. Dustin Byfuglien
17. Ryan Suter
18. Zach Parise
20. Sergei Bobrovsky
23. David Krejci
25. Daniel Sedin
26. Henrik Sedin
28. Patrice Bergeron
29. Brent Seabrook
30. Ryan Kesler
31. Mikko Koivu
32. Kevin Shattenkirk
34. Keith Yandle
35. Alexander Radulov
36. Patrick Marleau
37. Brad Marchand
38. David Backes
40. Kyle Okposo
41. Jordan Staal
42. Loui Eriksson
44. Milan Lucic
45. Johnny Boychuk
46. Brandon Dubinsky
47. Ryan Callahan
48. Toby Enstrom
50. Jeff Skinner
51. Marc Staal
53. Duncan Keith
55. Nick Foligno
56. Andrej Sekera
57. Jeff Petry
58. Andrew Ladd
61. Marian Hossa
63. Frans Nielsen
65. Ben Bishop
66. Ryane Clowe
67. Martin Hanzal
69. Artem Anisimov
70. Cam Talbot
72. Kris Russell
73. Zdeno Chara
74. Kevin Bieksa
75. Evgeni Dadonov
76. Patrik Berglund
PrincessChloe liked this.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 3:36 p.m.
NBABound
So Erik Johnson is eligible to be traded once, correct?
Sep. 20, 2017 at 3:43 p.m.
Quoting: Mr_cap
So Erik Johnson is eligible to be traded once, correct?

Based on the info I've been told so far, yes. He has a NMC/M-NTC. Whether or not this rule is official is still up in the air I think.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 3:54 p.m.
Out
Well hold on, then Rick Nash would be trade eligible and that would have changed my strategy. I was under the assumption I was stuck with him

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll