2017-18 GM Game - Messages to the BOE Thread

Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:41 p.m.
shakes head
nobody and Missouri liked this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:43 p.m.
Quoting: GhostHunter64
Quoting: boltscharge17

Check for double account mods

Double accounts.. was is this.. ? Why would I ?

I love how you use the same space after your sentences that Bergy did !
krakowitz, A_K, nobody and 2 others liked this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:47 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
I bet my left nut it's a double. And I know a thing or two about those sarcasm
Max, jmac490, LicMysak and 4 others liked this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:48 p.m.
Quoting: krakowitz

Bruh
Mr_cap, LicMysak, Missouri and 1 other person liked this.
GhostHunter
Quoting: jmac490

Double accounts.. was is this.. ? Why would I ?

Buddy, I am his girlfriend, don't you thimk he's gonna write like me ? Banned ! No ! I just want to prove he's wrong and I am rigth rock on
Missouri liked this.
Quoting: krakowitz

And to think we were done with doubles Sticking Out Tongue
Missouri and CleanDangles liked this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:49 p.m.

Buddy, I am his girlfriend, don't you thimk he's gonna write like me ? Banned ! No ! I just want to prove he's wrong and I am rigth rock on

Hahahahahahahahahahahahha... right...
NateElder12, LicMysak, nobody and 2 others liked this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:49 p.m.
Ghosthunters' application to become a GM of team is denied.

Not only because he is under the minimum amount of posts (underwritten rule), but it is blatantly suspicious that a user would come to a remote part of CapFriendly after just joining.

New York Islanders are another team that is vacant.
jmac490, LicMysak, nobody and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:50 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

You want to prove your boyfriend is wrong? Kinda a shitty girlfriend if you ask me
jmac490, LicMysak, rangersandislesfan and 3 others liked this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:52 p.m.
Please only most pertinent messages to the BOE.

Do not further pursue conversation with a user who is no longer part of the GM Game, nor his "girlfriend".
Missouri liked this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:03 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Not trying to pressure you, but was anything ever decided in relation to trade reversals?

Some of NYI's trades were in question and reversing them would help put the Isles back in a better state for the next GM.
Those trades could also be taken back from the restriction if they were reversed (so if 1 trade was reversed, the new GM would have 1 trade remaining for this month).

I've already stated that I think reversals need to be used in order to be a deterrent, so I'm not getting into what should/shouldn't happen, I'm only interested in what is/isn't happening.
Mr_cap and Missouri liked this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:05 p.m.
Quoting: ricochetii
Not trying to pressure you, but was anything ever decided in relation to trade reversals?

Some of NYI's trades were in question and reversing them would help put the Isles back in a better state for the next GM.
Those trades could also be taken back from the restriction if they were reversed (so if 1 trade was reversed, the new GM would have 1 trade remaining for this month).

I've already stated that I think reversals need to be used in order to be a deterrent, so I'm not getting into what should/shouldn't happen, I'm only interested in what is/isn't happening.

Is it worth reversing trades that happened a month ago? It could cause good deals to also be reversed that happened afterwards with some of the players involved.
nobody and CleanDangles liked this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:11 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Please only most pertinent messages to the BOE.

Do not further pursue conversation with a user who is no longer part of the GM Game, nor his "girlfriend".

That's ******* bullshit.. **** you guys..

Definitely not him for sure
Duster and rangersandislesfan liked this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:20 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I know this was about 7 months ago but when i created the original GM Game, i created it as a game, where people would pick teams and pretend to be GMs and they could make trades, or they could keep the team the same. But i thought it would turn into a more simple game. I think everyone needs to calm down a bit. It's only a game, and it was meant to be for fun, not to have big arguments like this. I want to stay out of this discussion for now, but i feel like i have to say that everyone needs to calm down, as it's only a game, and things are getting a little crazy.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:03 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I know this was about 7 months ago but when i created the original GM Game, i created it as a game, where people would pick teams and pretend to be GMs and they could make trades, or they could keep the team the same. But i thought it would turn into a more simple game. I think everyone needs to calm down a bit. It's only a game, and it was meant to be for fun, not to have big arguments like this. I want to stay out of this discussion for now, but i feel like i have to say that everyone needs to calm down, as it's only a game, and things are getting a little crazy.

If you want to stay out of it, don't make dumb*** comments like this
nobody, LicMysak, NateElder12 and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:10 p.m.
TrueNorth
Too late for me to accept the Bergy offer of Tyson Barrie for Chase DeLeo a 2019 2nd and a 2018 4th? Seemed like something Garth Snow would propose...
Mr_cap, Bo53Horvat and LicMysak liked this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 5:21 p.m.
Habs fan French
I can take flames
Oct. 19, 2017 at 6:01 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Bo53Horvat

ok, i'm sorry. I didn't know you didn't want me to post that.
krakowitz and Jdp liked this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 6:19 p.m.

ok, i'm sorry. I didn't know you didn't want me to post that.

Oh my god, man you are too much
nobody liked this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 6:21 p.m.
Please only post messages pertaining to the BOE

Thanks
Oct. 19, 2017 at 6:43 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Edited Oct. 19, 2017 at 6:49 p.m.

I know it’s doesn’t relate to the BOE Jabroni, but it has to be said. If RAIF feels as though he’s got something of importanance to say he has every right to say it, was he being mean? Offensive? Condescending? He was simply trying to make a meaningful statement, maybe people think it was irrelevant, but I know plenty of users in this game that have posted much stupider comments (myself included). These constant attacks directed towards specific users need to stop, every user in this game deserves to be treated with respect and should not be afraid to have their intelligence insulted whenever they post something another user doesn’t agree with. This is getting tiresome, so please guys, think before you post and start showing a little respect to the other users who want to play in a safe and respectful envirement.

And just to not defy PhillyJabroni I’ll make this post pertain to the BOE by asking: when can I start signing my RFA’s?
Max, jmac490 and rangersandislesfan liked this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:22 p.m.
NBABound
Quoting: DarylthePony

I know it’s doesn’t relate to the BOE Jabroni, but it has to be said. If RAIF feels as though he’s got something of importanance to say he has every right to say it, was he being mean? Offensive? Condescending? He was simply trying to make a meaningful statement, maybe people think it was irrelevant, but I know plenty of users in this game that have posted much stupider comments (myself included). These constant attacks directed towards specific users need to stop, every user in this game deserves to be treated with respect and should not be afraid to have their intelligence insulted whenever they post something another user doesn’t agree with. This is getting tiresome, so please guys, think before you post and start showing a little respect to the other users who want to play in a safe and respectful envirement.

And just to not defy PhillyJabroni I’ll make this post pertain to the BOE by asking: when can I start signing my RFA’s?

Fam thats lit fam
Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:01 p.m.
RFAs aren't going to be eligible to be signed for quite some time.

The reason for this is because we can't properly determine value of a player because they haven't been able to asses their year.

A good rule of thumb that you might want to follow for projecting cap space is do the following:

1.) project the point totals for this year.
2.) compare to players with similar point totals off of RFA for how many years that are available. (3 year point total, for example)
3.) take their AAV and determine the % of the cap that it accounts for in that year.
4.) use that % to calculate AAV of the 3.5% increase of the 75,000,000 salary cap.

if its confusing, then I can provide an example at a later time
Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:12 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Don't mean to be pushy but, I still haven't got an answer yet from the BOE. About me signing Daniel Winnik for 1 year $660,000.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:10 p.m.
Calgary GM Here: Team is Ready
Jdp liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll