Sheahan to Pittsburgh?

Sep. 23, 2017 at 3:57 p.m.
What do you all think?
Sep. 23, 2017 at 5:03 p.m.
I'm a Skatman
that will cut down the number of Armchair GM teams by 25%
Sep. 23, 2017 at 5:41 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
It's not gonna happen. The Penguins are trying to win now. Guentzel is a centre ... maybe he's better on the wing but if they can't find a top 6 centre to be their 3rd centre, they could just use him ... plus they have Zach Aston-Reese.
Sep. 23, 2017 at 6:47 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
It's not gonna happen. The Penguins are trying to win now. Guentzel is a centre ... maybe he's better on the wing but if they can't find a top 6 centre to be their 3rd centre, they could just use him ... plus they have Zach Aston-Reese.

If the Penguins are trying to win now, why wouldn't they fill a hole in their lineup?
Sep. 23, 2017 at 6:59 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz

If the Penguins are trying to win now, why wouldn't they fill a hole in their lineup?

A guy like Duchene would make more sense ... or maybe Bozak if they can get him ... Toronto has 6 or 7 top 6 centres right now, so they could trade Bozak.
Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:02 p.m.

A guy like Duchene would make more sense ... or maybe Bozak if they can get him ... Toronto has 6 or 7 top 6 centres right now, so they could trade Bozak.

Spooner would be cheaper.....just sayin.....
Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:03 p.m.
I'm a Skatman

Toronto is not trading Bozak. Toronto does not have 6 or 7 top centres. you a re probably treatign everyone listed as C on capfriendly as a natural center which is ust wrong (Nylander, Guentzel etc.)
Pittsburgh doesn't have the pieces to acquire Duchene and he would be a waste at 3C. few centers are available, and if Sheahan is for a reasonable price they could do it.
something they will certainly NOT do is trusting a B tier rookie without NHL history with a position that has been crucial for them on their last 3 cup runs
nobody liked this.
Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:03 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

The ask for Duchene is way too high, and would only make another hole on the blue line. And how on Earth does Toronto have 6 or 7 top 6 forwards at the center position?
Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:08 p.m.

The ask for Duchene is way too high, and would only make another hole on the blue line. And how on Earth does Toronto have 6 or 7 top 6 forwards at the center position?

It's just the way they are listed on CF. It shows 9 forwards on the Bruin squad that can play C. But obviously not all of them do. Some players probably have played C, maybe in the A or junior or college, but they haven't at the NHL level.
Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:34 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Well they have 6 at least ... Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Marleau, Bozak and Kadri.
Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:34 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: PaulDunnill

It's just the way they are listed on CF. It shows 9 forwards on the Bruin squad that can play C. But obviously not all of them do. Some players probably have played C, maybe in the A or junior or college, but they haven't at the NHL level.

i'm not looking at CF for what position they play.
Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:36 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

Well they have 6 at least ... Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Marleau, Bozak and Kadri.

Marner, Nylander and Marleau are wingers. Marleau hasn't played center in at least 10 years, Marner played one or two seasons their in junior, and Babcock has already said Nylander is going to stay on the wing for a while.
nobody liked this.
Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:37 p.m.
I'm a Skatman

if you think Marner, Nylander and Marleau are centers you certainly are.
nobody liked this.
Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:39 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Marner, Nylander and Marleau are wingers. Marleau hasn't played center in at least 10 years, Marner played one or two seasons their in junior, and Babcock has already said Nylander is going to stay on the wing for a while.

nhl.com says they are centres ... wikipedia calls them centres/wingers. They can play centre or wing. Chances are they move a few of them to the wing, but they can all play centre.
Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:40 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Barathrum_Obama

if you think Marner, Nylander and Marleau are centers you certainly are.

https://www.nhl.com/player/patrick-marleau-8466139
https://www.nhl.com/player/william-nylander-8477939
https://www.nhl.com/player/mitchell-marner-8478483
Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:44 p.m.
I'm a Skatman

wow Babcock should check wikipedia the next time he decides on his forward lines
Pasta88Sauce, clark, DoctorBreakfast and 3 others liked this.
Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:47 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

nhl.com says they are centres ... wikipedia calls them centres/wingers. They can play centre or wing. Chances are they move a few of them to the wing, but they can all play centre.

Dan Girardi can also "play" defense.
Patrik Laine was a goalie when he was a kid, should he be considered to help solve the Jets goaltending issues?
Alex Ovechkin is listed as a LW/RW, He sucked at RW, so can he still play it?

Do you understand where we're coming from?
LicMysak, clark and nobody liked this.
Sep. 23, 2017 at 8:09 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Patrik Laine was a goalie when he was a kid, should he be considered to help solve the Jets goaltending issues?

i'm not looking at capfriendly for positions.
Laine was a goalie when he was a kid, that's a long time ago.
Are you saying Girardi is not a defenseman?
Sep. 23, 2017 at 8:11 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

Marleau was practically a kid when he played center. And I'm not getting into this Girardi debate
nobody liked this.
Sep. 23, 2017 at 8:38 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Marleau was practically a kid when he played center. And I'm not getting into this Girardi debate

are you saying Girardi is bad? How many times have i told you? NHLers are good players, especially if they've been all-stars.
Sep. 23, 2017 at 8:38 p.m.

Just because someone is listed as a center, and has played center in their developmental career, does not mean they should play center at the NHL level.

We do NOT want Jake playing 3C for an extended period, because that takes him off of Sid's line where he was absolutely dynamic. Also doesn't solve our PK issue, since Jake doesn't play on the kill and we need another center to take faceoffs there.

Duchene is not a good option. Again, doesn't play PK (at least well), costs to much to acquire and his cap hit is troublesome.
Sep. 23, 2017 at 8:40 p.m.

are you saying Girardi is bad? How many times have i told you? NHLers are good players, especially if they've been all-stars.

How many times have we told you? "Bad" is a comparative term when comparing him to other defensemen at the NHL level. Is Girardi a better hockey player than I am? Of course. Does that qualify him to make an NHL team? No.
DoctorBreakfast liked this.
Sep. 23, 2017 at 8:43 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

You don't have credibility or permission to use the "How many times have I told you?" argument lmao

Obviously Girardi is a better player than anyone on this site. He's in the NHL. But we don't compare NHLers to regular people. We compare them to other NHLers. Compared to other NHLers, Girardi sucks. I don't care how many times he's been an all-star, the dude doesn't play at a high level anymore. Give me an actual reason why he's a good NHLer today, and I won't ever make the argument he isn't.
Sep. 23, 2017 at 8:48 p.m.
As to the OP, Sheahan to Pitt does make sense. He would be cheap to acquire (especially after his last season) and has a low cap hit that would fit under our current cap without moving salary out. Idk how much I like it as a Pens fan though. I see Sheahan as more of a 4C talent that a 3C, and honestly, I don't know if he's bringing anything to the table that a cheaper AHL guy like ZAR, Rowney, or Blueger couldn't fill.
Sep. 23, 2017 at 8:50 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly

We like to be consistent with NHL.com and Elite Prospects positions. If you see a position that is incorrect, make sure you let us know so we can fix it.
This forum is the request page for us to update positions that may have changed or are incorrect: https://capfriendly.com/forums/thread/83753
Duster liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll