SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Boston Bruins

Bruins Game Discussion

Oct. 6, 2017 at 7:03 a.m.
Threads title says it all

Solid first win of the season. Not bad taking out the defending Western Conference Champs while missing Bergeron, Backes, Krug and having a two rookies start in the top 6. It's to bad Miller had to take a stupid over the glass penalty because it cost us another two goals and made the game appear (from the scoreboard) closer than it actually was. Good to see DeBrusk get a goal and an assist in his first game of the year after all off-season you had to hear about how we should have drafted this player or that player over him. Also nice to see the "overrated" and "washed-up" Krejci walk away with 3 assist last night.
Oct. 6, 2017 at 1:12 p.m.
As Butch said, they played a high tempo game (which is their new motto/goal) for 58 1/2 minutes. It's so funny to read on here how so many people call out Bruins as easily missing the playoffs because they are an old, slow team!! Ok 3 goals from a 21 yr old, 20 yr old and a 19 yr old. And man, was DeBrusk and Bjork and McAvoy FLYING out there last night!! Their challenge will be to maintain that energy day in and day out - but being young I'm sure they can, but the NHL season is a long one. The good thing about having veterans on your team is that they are always there to remind the kids to bring it every day. Krejci, Bergy, Marchy, Zee and Rask bring that compete level every day.

This team will be fun to watch if they get Bergy, Backs and Kruger back in the lineup too!!

Great start to the season. Next up, a Monday matinee with the Avalanche. Happy Columbus Day!!
Oct. 6, 2017 at 1:14 p.m.
BE HARD AT THE PUCK, ON THE PUCK AND AROUND THE PUCK!! BE TOUGH TO PLAY AGAINST. = BRUIN HOCKEY!!
Oct. 7, 2017 at 9:55 a.m.
BreKel
Seeing the member base is small here, since it's basically a new site (forum wise) this is a good thread. We can just discuss all games here?

That was basically the dream scenario for the Bruins. Opening night, get a win without some key veterans. All 3 promising rookies were on the score sheet. Krejci was a stud, and Rask was stellar (only goal I put on him was the 3rd one). Just a great game. DeBrusk really impressed me all over. The results of 2 points was nice, but watching and seeing the little things are where I step back and say, "yup, this kid can play". Yes, it's one game so I'm not expecting a PPG season from him, but you can tell he's a very intelligent hockey player with good skill. He isn't afraid of the dirty areas. If I'm remembering correctly, he was apart of that awesome cycle with Krejci, Pastrnak, and Carlo that drew the 2:00 minute 5v3. He displayed awesome hockey sense on his first goal. He stick lifted perfectly and showed sweet soft hands in close to tuck it on one of the better goalies in the league. He has a very active stick in general. He made a lot of things happen just from his stick position. He was good at both ends of the ice, and I don't see him going backwards. This kid is an NHL player; Whether it's a top 6 forward, or a 4th liner....He's going to play in the NHL a long time, barring injuries. He just has what you need.

Anders Bjork is filthy and like DeBrusk is an NHL player. He is fast, skilled, and smart. He made some beautiful passes in this game, and was rewarded with an assist on the JDB goal (that sequence caused Cassidy to switch the lines up). Bjork's touch pass to set Carlo up for a beautiful attempt was a perfect display of his high IQ and soft hands. Only thing is that he will need to shoot more. He had a prime chance early on and tried to pass it to Marchand instead of shooting it dead in the slot. Granted, if the pass made it to Marchy, it would have been awesome, but hopefully next time he'll shoot. He's electric though...He has "it" and it should result in a lot of production.
Oct. 7, 2017 at 8:40 p.m.
Quoting: BreKel
Seeing the member base is small here, since it's basically a new site (forum wise) this is a good thread. We can just discuss all games here?

That was basically the dream scenario for the Bruins. Opening night, get a win without some key veterans. All 3 promising rookies were on the score sheet. Krejci was a stud, and Rask was stellar (only goal I put on him was the 3rd one). Just a great game. DeBrusk really impressed me all over. The results of 2 points was nice, but watching and seeing the little things are where I step back and say, "yup, this kid can play". Yes, it's one game so I'm not expecting a PPG season from him, but you can tell he's a very intelligent hockey player with good skill. He isn't afraid of the dirty areas. If I'm remembering correctly, he was apart of that awesome cycle with Krejci, Pastrnak, and Carlo that drew the 2:00 minute 5v3. He displayed awesome hockey sense on his first goal. He stick lifted perfectly and showed sweet soft hands in close to tuck it on one of the better goalies in the league. He has a very active stick in general. He made a lot of things happen just from his stick position. He was good at both ends of the ice, and I don't see him going backwards. This kid is an NHL player; Whether it's a top 6 forward, or a 4th liner....He's going to play in the NHL a long time, barring injuries. He just has what you need.

Anders Bjork is filthy and like DeBrusk is an NHL player. He is fast, skilled, and smart. He made some beautiful passes in this game, and was rewarded with an assist on the JDB goal (that sequence caused Cassidy to switch the lines up). Bjork's touch pass to set Carlo up for a beautiful attempt was a perfect display of his high IQ and soft hands. Only thing is that he will need to shoot more. He had a prime chance early on and tried to pass it to Marchand instead of shooting it dead in the slot. Granted, if the pass made it to Marchy, it would have been awesome, but hopefully next time he'll shoot. He's electric though...He has "it" and it should result in a lot of production.

Great points!

I think JDB's hockey sense/IQ comes from his father (in a sense). Louie was basically just an enforcer but he does know what it takes to be a good player and what makes a "career" player.

If Bruin management is smart they focus the future around JDB, AB, Charlie Mac and Pasta.
Oct. 9, 2017 at 2:12 p.m.
Kind of forced to just see highlights as I'm at work, but Rask has to have that first goal. I know the defense was terrible and left the man wide open, but Rask has to save that.
Oct. 10, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
Agreed. And I watched the whole game. Everybody was playing with tight hands on their sticks. I have no idea why a team like Colorado has such a streak going at the Garden!!!????

New linemates are still trying to get used to each other with Bergy and Backes and Acciari out. Marchy not quite the same without Bergy.

JDB didn't look like the same kid that game. Bjork looked good, but that line just couldn't generate anything.

Krug also struggled a little with control of the puck and his passing.

It's a good wakeup call for the team I guess, you need to bring intensity every night!!

Bruins are always a little more "sound" defensively on the road, stick to the simple game, so here's hoping we get back on track tomorrow night!

Let's Go Bruins!!!
Oct. 15, 2017 at 7:43 a.m.
Better game last night. Finally firing on all cylinders!! And still without Bergy and Backs!!
Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:07 a.m.
Do you guys think Cassidy has been rolling out the Kuraly, Schaller, Heinen line a little too much lately? I like them as a line, but as 4th line.
I understand that with the injuries line juggling has been very common in game but it feels like its trending towards the Campbell-Paille combo Julien had.
Maybe overreacting to a couple games but figured i would throw it out there.
Oct. 16, 2017 at 5:10 p.m.
Quoting: JP23
Do you guys think Cassidy has been rolling out the Kuraly, Schaller, Heinen line a little too much lately? I like them as a line, but as 4th line.
I understand that with the injuries line juggling has been very common in game but it feels like its trending towards the Campbell-Paille combo Julien had.
Maybe overreacting to a couple games but figured i would throw it out there.

He's definitely rolling out the line more than it should, but thats because hes getting absolutely nothing out of Beleskey-Spooner-Vatrano.
Oct. 16, 2017 at 5:41 p.m.
I wanted to hear what were Boston fans thoughts about Boston's 3-1 loss to Vegas? Malcolm Subban was a beast in net and almost got the shutout - turning the tables on his old team for a game
Oct. 16, 2017 at 6:06 p.m.
Edited Oct. 16, 2017 at 6:12 p.m.
Quoting: DavidBooth7
I wanted to hear what were Boston fans thoughts about Boston's 3-1 loss to Vegas? Malcolm Subban was a beast in net and almost got the shutout - turning the tables on his old team for a game

wouldn't go as far as saying beast in net. All the credit to Malcolm but he was barely tested
Oct. 16, 2017 at 10:57 p.m.
BreKel

Beast in net? Did you watch the game? Bruins didn't do anything against him. 22 shots on net and they had MAYBE 2-3 legitimate scoring chances..... I view this as a low-key troll post.
Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:33 a.m.

Beast in net? Did you watch the game? Bruins didn't do anything against him. 22 shots on net and they had MAYBE 2-3 legitimate scoring chances..... I view this as a low-key troll post.

Lol okay BreKel
Pasta88Sauce liked this.
Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:48 a.m.

Wasn't any different than any other loss lol. Subban has the raw talent to be a solid goalie in the NHL, his issue has always been the thing between his ears. Maybe he'll do well in Vegas since its a low pressure situation. Some guys just can't handle playing in BOS because the demand from the city is always so high. It doesn't really matter what team you put on the ice, in Boston its Championship or bust for every team, every year. Hell so far this year 1/3 of our top 6 forwards are rookies and 1/2 our top 4 are 1st or 2nd year players. Now were missing arguable our best two-way player and (IMO) real leader of the team plus another top 6 forward from last year, but "fans" are still irate when we lose a game. I put "" around fans because those are the people that demand championship every year or the season was a waste.

The loss to Vegas wasn't bad, their currently tied for 4th in the NHL in points, so they're playing well. Lots of emotion everytime they are on home ice and facing a BOS team that is struggling. Sprinkle in your new goalie facing his old team and its kind of a perfect storm
Oct. 17, 2017 at 7:17 p.m.
BreKel

Lol okay BreKel

lmao, okay Booth. You came in here to ask a question but when you ask Bruins fans about losing to a goalie they recently had, and label him being a "beast in net" i'm going to call you out on it. He wasn't anything close to a "beast in net" because he barely had to do anything. Boston did nothing to test him because they're struggling.
Oct. 17, 2017 at 7:48 p.m.
Quoting: ON3M4N

Wasn't any different than any other loss lol. Subban has the raw talent to be a solid goalie in the NHL, his issue has always been the thing between his ears. Maybe he'll do well in Vegas since its a low pressure situation. Some guys just can't handle playing in BOS because the demand from the city is always so high. It doesn't really matter what team you put on the ice, in Boston its Championship or bust for every team, every year. Hell so far this year 1/3 of our top 6 forwards are rookies and 1/2 our top 4 are 1st or 2nd year players. Now were missing arguable our best two-way player and (IMO) real leader of the team plus another top 6 forward from last year, but "fans" are still irate when we lose a game. I put "" around fans because those are the people that demand championship every year or the season was a waste.

The loss to Vegas wasn't bad, their currently tied for 4th in the NHL in points, so they're playing well. Lots of emotion everytime they are on home ice and facing a BOS team that is struggling. Sprinkle in your new goalie facing his old team and its kind of a perfect storm

Fair enough, valid argument presented there
Oct. 19, 2017 at 7:36 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
DavidBooth7. You should know better than "poke the bear."
nobody liked this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 11:50 p.m.
Edited Oct. 20, 2017 at 3:56 p.m. by Banks
Well ill be humble since I'm here, in the Bruins win of the Nucks tonight, we got outplayed by you guys. Bergy, Bjork, Pasta all looked solid to me. Pastranaks goal was something. We almost came back and did all of a sudden make it 5-3 late in the second, yet stood no chance in the 3rd.
CleanDangles liked this.
Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:37 a.m.
Quoting: palhal
DavidBooth7. You should know better than "poke the bear."

The mama bear hasn't been online in a while tho

Well ill be humble since I'm here, in the Bruins win of the Nucks tonight, we got outplayed by you guys. Bergy, Bjork, Pasta all looked solid to me. Pastranaks goal was something. We almost came back and did all of a sudden make it 5-3 late in the second, yet stood no chance in the 3rd.

You guys have a hell of a player in Horvat. Something about him that just draws you in. He's not flashy, but he makes hard plays look easy. As far as the B's, they played well, but that 5 minute PP may have skewed things and really swung it to BOS. The Bergeron line is a fun one to watch and one I started mocking together back in July. It may sound very homerish, but I honestly believe that the Bergeron line could be one of the most dangerous lines in hockey. All 3-player are two-way players that can be tough to play against for all 200ft.
Oct. 20, 2017 at 3:44 p.m.
BreKel
You guys have a hell of a player in Horvat. Something about him that just draws you in. He's not flashy, but he makes hard plays look easy. As far as the B's, they played well, but that 5 minute PP may have skewed things and really swung it to BOS. The Bergeron line is a fun one to watch and one I started mocking together back in July. It may sound very homerish, but I honestly believe that the Bergeron line could be one of the most dangerous lines in hockey. All 3-player are two-way players that can be tough to play against for all 200ft.

Bruins top 6 excites me with everyone healthy. Even with Backes back, if they could find the right combination on the 3rd line, they'll be very deep. Agostino looked good last night. I still would really like to see Cehlarik recalled and inserted. There's something about him that I like and want to see his 6'2'' 200+ lbs frame out there haha....He's got good vision, soft hands, and protects the puck well. He showed chemistry with Krejci and Pastrnak and would give the Bruins options. Hell, call up Heinen and run something like this (obviously this would mean guys would have to be waived, or sent down):

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Bjork
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Pastrnak
Cehlarik -- Backes -- Heinen

With some combination of Kuraly, Nash, Vatrano, Agostino, etc. for the 4th line.
Oct. 20, 2017 at 3:54 p.m.

Bruins top 6 excites me with everyone healthy. Even with Backes back, if they could find the right combination on the 3rd line, they'll be very deep. Agostino looked good last night. I still would really like to see Cehlarik recalled and inserted. There's something about him that I like and want to see his 6'2'' 200+ lbs frame out there haha....He's got good vision, soft hands, and protects the puck well. He showed chemistry with Krejci and Pastrnak and would give the Bruins options. Hell, call up Heinen and run something like this (obviously this would mean guys would have to be waived, or sent down):

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Bjork
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Pastrnak
Cehlarik -- Backes -- Heinen

With some combination of Kuraly, Nash, Vatrano, Agostino, etc. for the 4th line.

I'd actually love to see why JFK would do with Cehlarik and Backes. If you can get Heinen up, he can go 4th line and bring some extra pop....

Marchand - Bergeron - Bjork
DeBrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
Chelarik - JFK - Backes
Kuraly/Schaller - Nash - Heinen

The sad part is the more I look at this team and depth of young guys, the more I realize not all of them will stay Bruins. At some point Sweeney has to dip into his prospect pool and upgrade the LHD spot.
Oct. 21, 2017 at 10:07 p.m.
Edited Oct. 22, 2017 at 2:48 a.m.
I know that Torey Krug is bad in his own zone but Jesus christ. By far the worst game of his career. Key contributor to every buffalo goal he was on the ice for
Oct. 23, 2017 at 9:46 p.m.
Quoting: Pasta88Sauce
I know that Torey Krug is bad in his own zone but Jesus christ. By far the worst game of his career. Key contributor to every buffalo goal he was on the ice for

Every player has bad stretches. He'll come around....
Oct. 24, 2017 at 10:54 a.m.
Edited Oct. 24, 2017 at 11:03 a.m.
Quoting: PaulDunnill

Every player has bad stretches. He'll come around....

Maybe offensively he'll come around. Defensively? no chance

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll