SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(TOR / VGK) - Pickard for Lindberg

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 6, 2017 at 4:14 p.m.
A trade between Toronto Maple Leafs and Vegas Golden Knights has been confirmed.
Trade Details
Toronto Maple Leafs Acquire:
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
Calvin Pickard · $0$1,000,000$1,075,000 (AHL/JR)
Sum: $0$1,000,000$1,075,000
Change: $0
Change: +$306,667
Change: +$1,005,000
Vegas Golden Knights Acquire:
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
Tobias Lindberg · $0$693,333$70,000 (AHL/JR)
2018 6th round pick (TOR - #180 - Peter Diliberatore)
Sum: $0$693,333$70,000
Change: -$1,000,000
Change: -$306,667
Change: -$1,005,000
Oct. 6, 2017 at 4:37 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
I really like this trade. Since Pickard cleared waivers today, Leafs can send him directly to the Marlies. Once Mac has a bad game, I'm sure Pickard will be his replacement and Andersens future backup.

Also, Leafs were near the max contract limit. Doing a 1 for 1 keeps leafs at 48 contracts and some breathing room to add others.
nobody liked this.
Oct. 6, 2017 at 4:46 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: Jarvis
I really like this trade. Since Pickard cleared waivers today, Leafs can send him directly to the Marlies. Once Mac has a bad game, I'm sure Pickard will be his replacement and Andersens future backup.

Also, Leafs were near the max contract limit. Doing a 1 for 1 keeps leafs at 48 contracts and some breathing room to add others.

I don’t like this trade because Vegas got nothing good. What is McPhee thinking?
Oct. 6, 2017 at 4:46 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
2016 6th????
I think Lindberg has potential to be a 3rd line player, if not a 2nd liner ... i actually don't like this deal for the Leafs.
Oct. 6, 2017 at 4:49 p.m.
Lindberg and 6th rounder had no future with the Leafs. Leafs must think Pickard has a more NHL potential than Sparks or Kasmir. IMO McIlenery will be Leaf all year, but if Pickard is an upgrade on the this years version of # 3, it's a good trade. Is Sparks the guy that is Orlando or just cut by the Leafs?
Oct. 6, 2017 at 4:53 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
2016 6th????
I think Lindberg has potential to be a 3rd line player, if not a 2nd liner ... i actually don't like this deal for the Leafs.

Lindberg is the 4th liner for the marlies. leafs have a kapanen, bracco, Johnson, and probably more ahead of him at wing just with the marlies. why you even think he's a 2nd liner in the nhl, who can tell
Daryl, Duster and nobody liked this.
Oct. 6, 2017 at 4:54 p.m.
I'm a Skatman
good deal for toronto.
before the exp draft, there were some voices for Pickard being protected. this could be a Raanta scenario for the leafs (back when NYR traded for him)

Quoting: clark
2016 6th????

Lindberg is the 4th liner for the marlies. leafs have a kapanen, bracco, Johnson, and probably more ahead of him at wing just with the marlies. why you even think he's a 2nd liner in the nhl, who can tell

just ignore that. I think he rolls a dice everytime he talks about any prospect
nobody liked this.
Oct. 6, 2017 at 6:59 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Barathrum Obama: I just don't know how your "friend" would know so much about the Marlies. I've seen his writings about the two teams he supposedly knows....the Isles and Rangers. When he graduates to a "C" level when talking about his two favourite teams, then maybe he should talking about the other 29 teams.
Oct. 6, 2017 at 7:01 p.m.
Quoting: Barathrum_Obama
good deal for toronto.
before the exp draft, there were some voices for Pickard being protected. this could be a Raanta scenario for the leafs (back when NYR traded for him)

Quoting: clark

just ignore that. I think he rolls a dice everytime he talks about any player

correction...
Caufzi and nobody liked this.
Oct. 6, 2017 at 7:19 p.m.
2016 6th????

wait, RAIF please dont tell me you're thinking of OSCAR LINDBERG?
giphy.gif
DragonRaptorHybrid, PrincessChloe, nobody and 2 others liked this.
Oct. 6, 2017 at 8:04 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Pasta88Sauce
2016 6th????

wait, RAIF please dont tell me you're thinking of OSCAR LINDBERG?
giphy.gif

i'm thinking of Tobias Lindberg.
Oct. 6, 2017 at 8:05 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Ok, i don't watch the prospects that much, i thought he was better ... maybe it's not so bad for the Leafs.
Oct. 6, 2017 at 10:00 p.m.
hey, thats my GIF...
Pasta88Sauce and nobody liked this.
Oct. 8, 2017 at 5:53 a.m.
2016 6th????

On another team that doesn't have 13 LW's ahead of him on the depth chart maybe.....

JVR
Marleau
Komarov
Hyman
Martin
Leivo
Grundstrom
Johnsson
Rychel
Timashov
T.Moore
Winquist
Greening
LINDBERG
Korshkov
Dzierkals
Bobylev
Vesey
Pospisil

You think he's gonna crack the lineup before he becomes a UFA? He didn't even have a spot on the Marlies....

ALSO: some sites say he's a RW but he shoots Left & plays both wings. You have to be a SNIPER in the NHL to play your off wing because it's bad for defense. If Lindberg makes the NHL he will be a bottom 6 player & he wont be playing his off wing.
Oct. 13, 2017 at 11:29 a.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Good addition for Leafs. They needed a younger back up.
Oct. 13, 2017 at 3:15 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Edited Oct. 13, 2017 at 5:36 p.m.

i'm thinking of Tobias Lindberg.

RAIF, with Toronto’s forward prospect pool, Lindberg had no chance.
Nov. 9, 2017 at 11:38 p.m.
Major Bust for Vegas showing the problem there is the GM not the coach... Throwing a guy away who would be a much better option than say Lag smile... Taking all those left shooting D-men who have no value while passing on young goalies especially Tampa taking Garrison over a quality young goalie who ended up on Islanders last time checked... Passing on Forsberg who has done alright, there many other goalies they blew it with... Even Berube would look better than what they got in net starting who belong sin ECHL not even the AHL much less NHL smile. Maple Leafs robbed the expansion team like a baby for sure smile.
Nov. 10, 2017 at 10:33 a.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: Daoloth
Major Bust for Vegas showing the problem there is the GM not the coach... Throwing a guy away who would be a much better option than say Lag smile... Taking all those left shooting D-men who have no value while passing on young goalies especially Tampa taking Garrison over a quality young goalie who ended up on Islanders last time checked... Passing on Forsberg who has done alright, there many other goalies they blew it with... Even Berube would look better than what they got in net starting who belong sin ECHL not even the AHL much less NHL smile. Maple Leafs robbed the expansion team like a baby for sure smile.

I wouldn't call Gudlevskis a "quality" goalie.
Nov. 14, 2017 at 12:09 a.m.
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
Quoting: Daoloth

I wouldn't call Gudlevskis a "quality" goalie.

Kristers did well in the 2-1 loss for Latvia vs. Canada... Besides I'd rather have him than have to bury Garrison in the minors which was an awful pick... So like 4-4.6M in cap space or have a goalie who is better than some kid from Kamloops or Lag... He is still young enough to develop if nothing else, Pickard wasn't making the HOF either but least he could eat up some minutes while Fleury is hurt. They got lucky Dansk played as well as he did when his stats prior to the NHL callup didn't give that expectation too smile.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit