SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

I want everyone's opinion on this trade!!!! 

Is it a fair trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 11, 2017 at 1:47 p.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
The trade is

Buffalo Sabres
Alex Galchenyuk
Phillip Danault
2018 1st

Montreal Canadiens
Ryan O'Reilly

Galchenyuk has now been demoted to the 4th line and the Canadiens need a center badly + this trade works better than a Duchene trade because Montreal would need to give up a defenseman, but with the Sabres trade they wouldn't need to
Oct. 11, 2017 at 2:42 p.m.
I like it. Gives both teams a lot to work with. Buffalo already has Eichel so having O'Reilly as a #2 isn't ideal. He needs top line minutes and MTL badly needs this.
Oct. 11, 2017 at 3:24 p.m.
Edited Oct. 11, 2017 at 3:31 p.m.
Massive overpayment by Montreal. Galchenyuk can still be a top 6 winger even if he isn't one right now. Danault is a young 2C. The 1st also has plenty value - doesn't add up to O Reilly IMO. Perhaps

Montreal Canadiens
Ryan O'Reilly

Buffalo Sabres
Alex Galchenyuk
2018 2nd Round Pick
2019 4th Round Pick
Nikita Scherbek
Oct. 11, 2017 at 3:24 p.m.
get ur corsi up
While this deal makes sense for both sides, I feel as though Buffalo wins, simply because they acquire more assets as well as a 1st. Maybe dropping Danault or dropping the 1st and adding a 3rd.
Oct. 11, 2017 at 3:31 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Massive overpayment by Montreal. Galchenyuk can still be a top 6 winger even if he isn't one right now. Danault is a young 2C. The 1st also has plenty value - doesn't add up to O Reilly IMO. Perhaps

Montreal Canadiens
Ryan O'Reilly

Buffalo Sabres
Alex Galchenyuk
2018 2nd Round Pick
2019 4th Round Pick

This seems fair. I like the idea of this trade involving O'Reilly and Galchenyuk.
Oct. 11, 2017 at 3:43 p.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Quoting: EthanK24

Montreal Canadiens
Ryan O'Reilly

Buffalo Sabres
Alex Galchenyuk
2018 2nd Round Pick
2019 4th Round Pick

This seems fair. I like the idea of this trade involving O'Reilly and Galchenyuk.

I believe you were the one that said "Yes!!! Bergevin do this NOW!!!" On the armchair GM team I had made with the O'Reilly for Galchenyuk, Danault, and 2018 1st
Oct. 11, 2017 at 4:42 p.m.
Not yet trannycided
"Well, this is an absolute no brainer for us here in Buffalo. I'm going to accept this before you change your mind about it." -Botterill, probably
Oct. 11, 2017 at 4:49 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
The fit is there for both teams, but the value is way on Buffalo's side. I'd assume Montreal would be fine keeping Danault as their 2C (unless Bergevin still thinks Drouin is a centrer)
Oct. 11, 2017 at 5:18 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Habs aren't going anywhere this season. Why would the Habs ever think of trading a first (and the others) for a 7.5m 2nd line centre? Next summer, I would rather just give away Gally, keep Danault, have a top 10 pick and spend 7.5m much better than ROR.
PS. My statement my upset Sabres fans because many rate his value way above 7.5m.
Oct. 12, 2017 at 8:51 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: palhal
Habs aren't going anywhere this season. Why would the Habs ever think of trading a first (and the others) for a 7.5m 2nd line centre? Next summer, I would rather just give away Gally, keep Danault, have a top 10 pick and spend 7.5m much better than ROR.
PS. My statement my upset Sabres fans because many rate his value way above 7.5m.

Why are we giving away Gallagher? laugh No palhal, Montreal is not missing the playoffs or getting a top 10 pick. (Unless another GM is really stupid) Now could you please stop whining and going on in every thread that mentions Montreal that, “Why would they do that, they’re rebuilding?” or “They’re getting a top 10 pick, blah, blah, blah!” You’re almost as annoying as Paul.
PS. It’s Chucky, not Gally.
Oct. 12, 2017 at 9:24 a.m.
I'm a Skatman

Montreal Canadiens
Ryan O'Reilly

Buffalo Sabres
Alex Galchenyuk
2018 2nd Round Pick
2019 4th Round Pick
Nikita Scherbek

does Scherbak even have a NHL future? if there's any question to that, he doesn't belong in the conversation as a trade piece to acquire a top line payer ike O'Reilly. Speaking of which; when you are the buyer acquiring top end pieces, you overpay. there is no need for Buffalo to sell O'Reilly and where do you see the incentive to downgrade from O'Reilly to Galchenyuk in your proposal? Buffalo would wipe that happily off the table. First offer is good, yours is not.
Oct. 12, 2017 at 10:16 a.m.

Montreal Canadiens
Ryan O'Reilly

Buffalo Sabres
Alex Galchenyuk
2018 2nd Round Pick
2019 4th Round Pick
Nikita Scherbek

Unfortunately Booth, you don't watch Habs games enough. Danault is not a 2nd line center. He can play up in the lineup and do well with gifted players but the creativity isn't there. He gets his points by being hard on the puck and NOT making mistakes in the offensive zone. Last year he had one job. Play smart hockey defensively and pass the puck to Radulov or Pacioretty. He did that well but against top opposition he doesn't cut it. He can be an elite 3rd line center however. Something similar to Bonino in Pittsburgh last year.

Your offer isn't even close. Scherbak is inches away from being a bust. Has oodles of talent but almost no will to compete. O'Reilly plays for a crappy Buffalo team but on a good team centering a guy like Pacioretty with Drouin on his wings with Price in nets and Weber on the blueline would be the Habs first #1 center since I can't even remember. Koivu i guess? Even then Captain Saku was more of really good #2 center.

I'm a Habs fan and you may think that is an over payment and in reality it may even be so, but MTL takes that hands down. There is no future with chucky in MTL and Danault is very replaceable. The 1st rounder have not been kind to MTL lately so I'm not all that worried.
Oct. 13, 2017 at 10:26 a.m.
Even trade, but won't make either team any better!!
Oct. 13, 2017 at 12:08 p.m.
Quoting: PaulDunnill

What a surprising comment....would have never expected such a response
palhal, Zach, DoctorBreakfast and 2 others liked this.
Oct. 13, 2017 at 12:18 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: EthanK24
Quoting: palhal

Why are we giving away Gallagher? laugh No palhal, Montreal is not missing the playoffs or getting a top 10 pick. (Unless another GM is really stupid) Now could you please stop whining and going on in every thread that mentions Montreal that, “Why would they do that, they’re rebuilding?” or “They’re getting a top 10 pick, blah, blah, blah!” You’re almost as annoying as Paul.
PS. It’s Chucky, not Gally.

After Montreal 13-1-1 start last season, they coasted to the playoffs. I'm not whining about the Habs missing the playoffs, I just can't see them being in the top 8 team in the Eastern Conference. Can you?
Nor do I think the Canadians are rebuilding as you suggest. I just think they miss the playoffs, and then continue with the same team next year.
clark liked this.
Oct. 13, 2017 at 12:48 p.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Quoting: PaulDunnill

What a surprising comment....would have never expected such a response

Looks like someone invited Paul............
nobody liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit