SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Vancouver Canucks

Could we look like this in 7-9 years?

Oct. 14, 2017 at 1:53 p.m.
If Jim Benning doesn't screw up as much any further, continues on with the rebuild, and successfully does it, could the Canucks look like this many years down the road? Would the team be able to contend by then if everything goes to plan? There a lot of "ifs", but hey its very possible.

Dahlen - Pettersson - Boeser
Top 6 Winger - Horvat - Virtanen
Gadjovich - Gaudette - Lind
Baertschi - Granlund - Molino

Dahlin - Stecher
Juolevi - Subban
Hutton - Tanev
Brisebois

Demko
DiPietro

I left out guys like Derrick Pouliot, Anton Rodin, Cole Cassels, etc, because I'm for sure not sold on them yet. Also left out players like Gudbranson, Markstorm, etc, as I don't see them not being traded within the next 3-5 years, simply due to the rebuild

A lot of things would have to fall in place, but with the right player development, it's doable.

Thoughts?
Oct. 14, 2017 at 2:00 p.m.
I'm a Skatman
the main obstacles are the then depth veterans here.
Tanev, Hutton, Stecher, Granlund, Baertschi.. These may all look for bigger roles that pay them more than a 4th line role in Vancouver. And I don't think Di Pietro wants to be a backup through his prime either.
Oct. 14, 2017 at 2:19 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
What makes you think Subban is suddenly going to an NHLer? Is Tanev still in the NHL?
Oct. 14, 2017 at 3:13 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
What makes you think Subban is suddenly going to an NHLer? Is Tanev still in the NHL?

Subban had an elite AHL season last year and showed that he can be an offensive, PP QB dman. I think his path to the NHL may take several more years but he can make it. And of course Tanev is in the NHL, where did you think he was?
Oct. 14, 2017 at 4:59 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
David: In 7 years Tanev will be 34 years old so I think it's iffy if he's Canucks or even in the NHL. Several more years for Subban? He's 22 now. It's getting close to being an NHLer or AHL lifer. The AHL if full of high scoring Dmen, who barely made a ripple in the NHL.
Oct. 14, 2017 at 5:03 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
David: In 7 years Tanev will be 34 years old so I think it's iffy if he's Canucks or even in the NHL. Several more years for Subban? He's 22 now. It's getting close to being an NHLer or AHL lifer. The AHL if full of high scoring Dmen, who barely made a ripple in the NHL.

Fair enough re Tanev, I didn't quite get your initial comment lol

Regarding Subban, I'll dare to believe. Heck Troy Stecher is 23, was undrafted, yet is our best defender right now IMO - a 22 year old Subban should also have hope then

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll