Forums/Edmonton Oilers

Projecting Talbot’s Next Contract

Oct 16 at 3:19 pm
Drew Wearing Blue
I know we still have a ways to go, but with McDavid and Drai signed to massive deals, I’m wondering if Talbot will demand more than Edmonton can afford. Thoughts?
Oct 16 at 5:33 pm
Quoting: DarylthePony
I know we still have a ways to go, but with McDavid and Drai signed to massive deals, I’m wondering if Talbot will demand more than Edmonton can afford. Thoughts?

maybe. but tell me and here this frequently regarding ufas. name teams that can pay significantly more than what the oilers can offer. oilers might offer $ 6m does anyone offer $ 7m which might make worth his while.
Oct 16 at 7:23 pm
Drew Wearing Blue
Quoting: clark

maybe. but tell me and here this frequently regarding ufas. name teams that can pay significantly more than what the oilers can offer. oilers might offer $ 6m does anyone offer $ 7m which might make worth his while.

Most teams already have adequate starters or soon to be starters. A team that comes to my mind as a team that might be interested in Talbot is the Ottawa Senators. Anderson is reaching an age where his play is destine to decline, but I don’t see Ottawa with enough cap space to land Talbot.

Personally, I think Talbot stays in Edmonton with a cap of about 6-7 million. Question is for how many years. At his age I’d sign him to no more than 6.
Oct 19 at 4:17 pm
I'm a Skatman
my guess would be 5,5-6,5M for 5 years.
Nov 12 at 4:55 pm

I don't think can win if goalie has cap hit 7M or more like Rinne choked badly in SCF while Henrik found out who the real Kings were making like 8.5M or whatever he has... PRice isn't going to win with his contract, even CBJ didn't seem to do well with their high priced 7M+ or whatever cap hit he has...

So I figure like 5-6M range maybe 36M over 6 years or 7 years 35M... I think he will stay as long as he is the starting goalie without having to look over his shoulder. Maybe 5.5M to 5.8 like Jones/Quick type ranges would be the exact number for what its worth. They can structure the contract in a way where a buyout in the last 2-3 years wont be that much of a cap hit too...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Remove Option
Insert NHL Teams
Submit Poll