SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Buffalo Sabres

Buffalo’s defense

Oct. 25, 2017 at 8:41 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Watching CBJ vs BUF.

I know BUF got a lot of injuries on D. (Beaulieu, Bogosian, Falk, Gorges) but don’t put Zach Redmond on the 2nd pair with McCabb. Nothing against Redmond, but he couldn’t even make the AHL Laval Rockets roster... it’s 10mins into the 1st and he’s done 2 terrible turnovers and had the bad hooking penalty that led to the first goal.

Might I suggest they go after a dman that Vegas is trying to trade?
I’m writing this to try and stop talking about the Habs since lately 80% of the conversations on here have been about them lol giving them a break Sticking Out Tongue
wojme and Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Oct. 26, 2017 at 8:33 a.m.
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Watching CBJ vs BUF.

I know BUF got a lot of injuries on D. (Beaulieu, Bogosian, Falk, Gorges) but don’t put Zach Redmond on the 2nd pair with McCabb. Nothing against Redmond, but he couldn’t even make the AHL Laval Rockets roster... it’s 10mins into the 1st and he’s done 2 terrible turnovers and had the bad hooking penalty that led to the first goal.

I’m writing this to try and stop talking about the Habs since lately 80% of the conversations on here have been about them lol giving them a break Sticking Out Tongue

You answered your own question - they are banged up. Simple as that. The current D group is not their ideal D group.....so.....let's go back to discussing how bad Montreal is!! LOL
wojme liked this.
Oct. 26, 2017 at 8:43 a.m.
Watching CBJ vs BUF.

Would also help if we didn't bring up the trash from the americans but rather the young kids. Tennyson should have never been in the starting lineup. Redmond makes me question my life choices. Gorges can stay hurt because he's done on this team. Would be nice to see guhle get some playing time. Nolan shouldn't be playing on the 3rd line. Moulson shouldn't be playing except in emergencies.

We have the skill and the players to be a good team, but the roster as it stands is just not the right one to be putting out there every night when the end goal is playoffs.
Oct. 26, 2017 at 8:52 a.m.
Quoting: wojme
Watching CBJ vs BUF.

Would also help if we didn't bring up the trash from the americans but rather the young kids. Tennyson should have never been in the starting lineup. Redmond makes me question my life choices. Gorges can stay hurt because he's done on this team. Would be nice to see guhle get some playing time. Nolan shouldn't be playing on the 3rd line. Moulson shouldn't be playing except in emergencies.

We have the skill and the players to be a good team, but the roster as it stands is just not the right one to be putting out there every night when the end goal is playoffs.

This is why I questioned Buffalo being a playoff team before the year started. Yes, they have a promising forward group foe years to come. But teams sometimes get focused on adding offense (because it's a "fantasy" world these days) and neglecting the D part of the game, Buffalo's D is bad at best, and inexperienced as well. And honestly, I know I'll get beat up for this, but Lehner is a bottom 15 goalie in the league at best.

Once they focus on strengthening their D, they will be a good team!! But it may take too long to do that, sorry wojme for my honest opinion....
Oct. 26, 2017 at 9:16 a.m.
I thought housley and GMJB did a decent job building a somewhat steady d core.
Scandella- Risto
Mccabe- Antipin
Bowlyou-Bogo
Gorges(never hits the ice)

But the problem is the pieces aren't making the correct puzzle. A good chunk of that being that the pieces are ripped and torn but still. Healthy defense would be nice. Lehner can get the job done as we saw against the red wings (yes I know they are garbage). The team did play one of their best defensive games which obviously helped, but lehner made some really good saves to give him a shutout. Should've played him back to back because of it and the Columbus would've been different.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll