Where does Shipachyov go?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 27, 2017 at 11:19 a.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid
Quoting: DarylthePony

I would consider that a possibility.
It's a possibility, but I don't quite see it. The Panthers' 1-2-3 down the middle is Aleksander Barkov, Vincent Trocheck, and Nick Bjugstad, and I find it hard to imagine Dale Tallon parting with that particular set of homegrown talent. Sure, Bjugstad isn't great, but he's also still a former 1st-round pick, and teams get unreasonably clingy to former 1st-round picks (see: Griffin Reinhart).

Speaking of Griffin Reinhart, McPhee should just put him on waivers already. I think he's widely considered a bust by most front offices in this league at this point, so he's got very little value. Shipachyov is clearly a victim of whatever numbers game McPhee is playing with his roster, so if he just puts Reinhart on waivers and plays the probability that he'll pass, there's a roster spot for Shipachyov.

If I had to pick a trade destination for Shipachyov, though: Colorado. One-for-one swap with Carl Söderberg (assuming the latter waives his modified NTC); the money at least works out. Maybe throw in Joe Colborne, since he's already in the minors. And they've already got, like, 4 Russians on their roster: Nail Yakupov, Nikita Zadorov, Semyon Varlamov, and Andrei Mironov.

That would be an absolute steal for Colorado. Shipachyov has actual offensive talent, while Soderberg put up 14 points in 80 games last season and Colborne, like you said, is buried in the minors with a 1.475 million cap hit. Not to mention Soderberg is 32 with a cap hit of 4.75 million for the next three years. I don't know why Vegas would make that deal unless they are full on trying to tank.
Oct. 27, 2017 at 1:37 p.m.
Sensible Commentary
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid
It's a possibility, but I don't quite see it. The Panthers' 1-2-3 down the middle is Aleksander Barkov, Vincent Trocheck, and Nick Bjugstad, and I find it hard to imagine Dale Tallon parting with that particular set of homegrown talent. Sure, Bjugstad isn't great, but he's also still a former 1st-round pick, and teams get unreasonably clingy to former 1st-round picks (see: Griffin Reinhart).

Speaking of Griffin Reinhart, McPhee should just put him on waivers already. I think he's widely considered a bust by most front offices in this league at this point, so he's got very little value. Shipachyov is clearly a victim of whatever numbers game McPhee is playing with his roster, so if he just puts Reinhart on waivers and plays the probability that he'll pass, there's a roster spot for Shipachyov.

If I had to pick a trade destination for Shipachyov, though: Colorado. One-for-one swap with Carl Söderberg (assuming the latter waives his modified NTC); the money at least works out. Maybe throw in Joe Colborne, since he's already in the minors. And they've already got, like, 4 Russians on their roster: Nail Yakupov, Nikita Zadorov, Semyon Varlamov, and Andrei Mironov.

That would be an absolute steal for Colorado. Shipachyov has actual offensive talent, while Soderberg put up 14 points in 80 games last season and Colborne, like you said, is buried in the minors with a 1.475 million cap hit. Not to mention Soderberg is 32 with a cap hit of 4.75 million for the next three years. I don't know why Vegas would make that deal unless they are full on trying to tank.
Well, McPhee's potentially selling for pennies on the dollar at this point. It's quite obvious what he's doing with Shipachyov, and everyone knows it. He's already kinda tanked Shipachyov's value with his waiver games.

and Söderberg's not *that* bad. Dude was good for about 12-15 goals and 45-50 points before the absolute travesty that was the Colorado Avalanche last year. Saying "he got 14 points last year, he must be a bust" is cherry-picking your facts. I just threw in Colborne because of McPhee's waiver games and his possible interest in somebody who's already cleared waivers.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit