Stars Are Sitting In 2nd Place In Central Division 9-7-0 18 Points And St.Louis Got The Best Record In The Central Division 13-3-1 27 Points
Well last time Stars won division they got bounced in like 2nd round by The Blues I think it was... They should make the Post Season though don't see them as a legit threat to win a Cup... Maybe they can win 1st round or 2nd round series to get to WCF for first time in like 10 years...
1. Ben Bishop health is always a concern, if he goes down they got "Let One In" in net who isn't going to win anything... Until Big Ben can stay healthy for an entire season including Post Season I wont trust him... when he is able to play he is probably the best USA born goalie currently playing including Quick though
2. Ken Hitchcock isn't going to help them win more in post season... HE is a prick who pulled Bishop in a game when he shouldn't for example... HE does things that alienates his players, he under achieved with some stacks Blues teams I think had a shot to win a Cup or least get closer than did... It looked like Blues would miss out on Post Season to Kings or some other team until they fired him... Then they hired Yeo who often was blamed for the Wild choking in Post Season only to get them there. While the Wild seem to be a mess that will have to turn things around to even make the Playoffs right now...
3. While not a big fan of +/- ratings, their team seems to have some heavy minus players... It looks like they depend too much on the PP to generate goals/points much like Sharks had done in prior years... Only to run into tough 5 vs. 5 teams like Kings in Post Season who even down 3-0 still beat them on way to 2nd Cup.
4. I think teams like Tampa if they made it to the SCF would easily beat Dallas in 5 or 6 games at most... Its funny still have Buffalo fans cry about losing to Stars wanting refs to take away good goals or whatever... Yet they lost that series like 4-2, then Stars lose like 2-4 to Devils I think the next year.
5. I don't think Stars will make it out of the West even if they do well making Post Season etc... Maybe next year if they can get another impact player or some other teams tail off they will be more of a factor. I wish Bishop well though, just don't think they can win it all currently with roster they have and HC.