SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Colorado Avalanche

Is Winning Hurting the Avalanche?

Would Colorado be better off to lose?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 27, 2017 at 3:44 p.m.
get ur corsi up
In a way their good play has given players such as Varlamov much higher trade value. But if they continue they will hurt their lottery chances. Thoughts?
Oct. 27, 2017 at 5:53 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
This all kinda comes back to the fact that they didn't move Duchene or Landeskog in the offseason. Sakic must think that they're close to a playoff berth, or at least trending in the right direction. If he thought it was time to tear it down, he probably would've taken a deal like the one Carolina reportedly offered.
Oct. 27, 2017 at 7:15 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: krakowitz
This all kinda comes back to the fact that they didn't move Duchene or Landeskog in the offseason. Sakic must think that they're close to a playoff berth, or at least trending in the right direction. If he thought it was time to tear it down, he probably would've taken a deal like the one Carolina reportedly offered.

Well they do have a capable goalie, and strong offence, but their defence is seriously questionable. I agree that Colorado could build a playoff team without rebuilding, my issue is that I doubt they could build a team capable of a Stanley Cup. You look at successful team and the source of their success comes from good drafting, if Colorado wants to have cups in the future they need draft picks.
Oct. 27, 2017 at 10:47 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: DarylthePony
Quoting: krakowitz

Well they do have a capable goalie, and strong offence, but their defence is seriously questionable. I agree that Colorado could build a playoff team without rebuilding, my issue is that I doubt they could build a team capable of a Stanley Cup. You look at successful team and the source of their success comes from good drafting, if Colorado wants to have cups in the future they need draft picks.

By no means can this team build a Cup contender with the core that they have. I think they need to tear everything down, but obviously Sakic is saying that they don't need to do that. The smart thing to do would have been to trade Duchene, Landeskog and Barrie for as many first round picks and high end prospects as possible. Makar is a good start for the future, but they're going to need a lot more pieces than what they have in the system now. They'll be mediocre until they realize they have to start another rebuild.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit