SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Washington Capitals

Trade with Tampa

Does it work for the Caps?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 31, 2017 at 12:30 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
I firmly believe that since the Caps don't have a legitimate shot at the Cup this year, it would be a good idea to stockpile picks and prospects. Tampa is already the favorite to win the Cup, and they can only enhance that chance by making this move. For the Caps, it gives them another good pick and a prospect who has some good middle-six potential. I'd love to keep Carlson, but if he isn't going to resign, we'd be fools not to ship him out. Maybe we could sign him as a UFA again, but that's unlikely. Here's the deal.

Washington Capitals
2018 1st round pick
Anthony Cirelli

Tampa Bay Lightning
John Carlson
Alex Chiasson

Caps fans, what do you think?
Apr. 8, 2018 at 11:35 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: krakowitz
I firmly believe that since the Caps don't have a legitimate shot at the Cup this year, it would be a good idea to stockpile picks and prospects. Tampa is already the favorite to win the Cup, and they can only enhance that chance by making this move. For the Caps, it gives them another good pick and a prospect who has some good middle-six potential. I'd love to keep Carlson, but if he isn't going to resign, we'd be fools not to ship him out. Maybe we could sign him as a UFA again, but that's unlikely. Here's the deal.

Washington Capitals
2018 1st round pick
Anthony Cirelli

Tampa Bay Lightning
John Carlson
Alex Chiasson

Caps fans, what do you think?

Just found this forum. Yes. That would've been solid, and the 'Ning wouldn't have had cap space to sign him this summer, and all his stuff's in DC, anyway, so...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit