SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

players that overrated by hometown fans (not a troll post)

Nov. 3, 2017 at 3:32 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
i picked 5...theres way more probably but on here people are high on these players

1)Jack Eichel
hes very good but in no way is he a mcdavid let alone a austin matthews

if you want to compare him to a player try like a nate mack or a barkov

2) Mitchell Marner
hes very good also but stop overvaluing him hes not the next ovechkin or stamkos hes a good young player on a good young team his value isnt laine wheeler 5 1st..hes good struggling on a 4th line role......so theres that

3)Dylan Larkin

haha i mean does anyone outside of detriot think hes a top 30 player?

4)Carey Price or Alex Galchenyuk

2015 is over and that was the last time hes was the best nhl goalie......guys like holtby murray bob are slowly taking over that #1 spot

price is goodnot the best anymore

chuck.....chuck also hasnt been 2015 form hes like a 20 or less goal a year guy maybe a 40-45 point player.....hes not a top 40-50 player .....hes just not im sorry...hes like the 5th best player on his team

5) Jonathan Toews

in no world is this guy a top 100 player over guys like malkin idk he won 3 cups and some really really good hawks teams and that cool just not as great as people say

i would take 10 centers over him right now without thinking there probably way more
Nov. 3, 2017 at 4:04 p.m.
Good post.. JVR also is overrated.
Nov. 3, 2017 at 4:06 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
i agree i wasnt trying to pick on tor that much....they value all there players extremely high
Nov. 3, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Basically everyone is overrated by their own fans. It's just the way it is.
tad77 liked this.
Nov. 3, 2017 at 4:38 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: krakowitz
Basically everyone is overrated by their own fans. It's just the way it is.

sometimes but i can see your point
Nov. 3, 2017 at 5:34 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: Capitalfail67

sometimes but i can see your point

Never heard anyone call Marner the next Ovechkin. Yes Toronto fans are guilty of overvalueing (so are most fans as Krak said), but you may have over exaggerated a bit thereSticking Out Tongue

Laine, Wheeler, and 5 1sts????? Dear me, Matthews+Nylander isn’t even worth that. I hope that was hyperbole.
tad77 liked this.
Nov. 3, 2017 at 5:41 p.m.
get ur corsi up
I somewhat agree with your comment on Eichel, although I’d prefer calling him an equal to Tavares (in a few years).

You might be right about Larkin. But with the issues Detroit has, fans will search hard for an upside.

Price and Galchenyuk are definitely not overrated. Price can be better than anyone else, he’s just stuck on a struggling team. While most MTL fans don’t even value Chucky very high anymore after Julien and Bergevin banished him to the 4th line, lol.

Toews may not score goals as much as other No1 centres, and is definitely overpayed, but he still seems to make Team Canada year after year (which is no easy achievement), so he must have something special.
Nov. 3, 2017 at 6:16 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: DarylthePony
I somewhat agree with your comment on Eichel, although I’d prefer calling him an equal to Tavares (in a few years).

You might be right about Larkin. But with the issues Detroit has, fans will search hard for an upside.

Price and Galchenyuk are definitely not overrated. Price can be better than anyone else, he’s just stuck on a struggling team. While most MTL fans don’t even value Chucky very high anymore after Julien and Bergevin banished him to the 4th line, lol.

Toews may not score goals as much as other No1 centres, and is definitely overpayed, but he still seems to make Team Canada year after year (which is no easy achievement), so he must have something special.

Canada could ice two teams at a best-on-best tournament and they'd play each other for gold
Daryl and tad77 liked this.
Nov. 3, 2017 at 6:38 p.m.
Man, these overrated players threads are so redundant.
Daryl, Blazingbat11, ON3M4N and 2 others liked this.
Nov. 4, 2017 at 12:30 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
the so redundant comments are so redundant
Nov. 4, 2017 at 2:01 p.m.
For offense, they go for the name rather than the best player... and for defense, it's strictly chemistry
Nov. 4, 2017 at 7:20 p.m.
I'm a Canucks fan and the Leafs are my second favorite team. But let me just make my opinion clear when I say, that if Eichel was playing for the Leafs and Matthews for the Sabres, we'd all hear about how generational Eichel is, and how overrated Matthews is.

Just saying smile
wojme, Kotkaniemi15, Pasta88Sauce and 4 others liked this.
Nov. 4, 2017 at 10:02 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: DavidBooth7
I'm a Canucks fan and the Leafs are my second favorite team. But let me just make my opinion clear when I say, that if Eichel was playing for the Leafs and Matthews for the Sabres, we'd all hear about how generational Eichel is, and how overrated Matthews is.

Just saying smile

Aside from this thread I’ve never heard Eichel called overrated. Don’t understand why everything thinks that, he’s not the best in the league but he’s a No1 centre with major potential.
Nov. 5, 2017 at 4:33 a.m.
Habs/Pens fan
Galchenyuk isn't overvalued by habs fans, in fact no one is right now because we are starting to pick it up after too many losses.
Nov. 6, 2017 at 11:18 a.m.
Below Market Value
Edited Nov. 6, 2017 at 1:27 p.m.
If anything, Eichel is underrated.

He's overshadowed by McDavid because, well, McDavid is a generational talent and is either the best or second best player in the league (depending on who you talk to). Plus McDavid has that 1st overall sheen.

He's overshadowed by Matthews because, like McDavid, he was a 1st overall. Matthews also plays in the biggest hockey market in the world and has better teammates.

He's overshadowed by Laine because Laine is a flashy goal scorer and people love his one-liners.

Jack Eichel doesn't get the recognition he deserves simply because he was drafted right after McDavid and he plays in the black hole of Buffalo.
Daryl, wojme and Bflo_Soldier liked this.
Nov. 6, 2017 at 12:51 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

He's overshadowed by McDavid because, well, McDavid is a generational talent and is either the best or second best players in the league (depending on who you talk to). Plus McDavid has that 1st overall sheen.

He's overshadowed by Matthews because, like McDavid, he was a 1st overall. Matthews also plays in the biggest hockey market in the world and has better teammates.

He's overshadowed by Laine because Laine is a flashy goal scorer and people love his one-liners.

Jack Eichel doesn't get the recognition he deserves simply because he was drafted right after McDavid and he plays in the black hole of Buffalo.

I fully agree. Eichel is in no way overrated.
wojme and Bflo_Soldier liked this.
Nov. 7, 2017 at 10:22 a.m.
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

He's overshadowed by McDavid because, well, McDavid is a generational talent and is either the best or second best player in the league (depending on who you talk to). Plus McDavid has that 1st overall sheen.

This post and the reply are so beautiful I could cry
Nov. 8, 2017 at 2:10 a.m.
Quoting: Capitalfail67
i picked 5...theres way more probably but on here people are high on these players

1)Jack Eichel
hes very good but in no way is he a mcdavid let alone a austin matthews

if you want to compare him to a player try like a nate mack or a barkov

2) Mitchell Marner
hes very good also but stop overvaluing him hes not the next ovechkin or stamkos hes a good young player on a good young team his value isnt laine wheeler 5 1st..hes good struggling on a 4th line role......so theres that

3)Dylan Larkin

haha i mean does anyone outside of detriot think hes a top 30 player?

4)Carey Price or Alex Galchenyuk

2015 is over and that was the last time hes was the best nhl goalie......guys like holtby murray bob are slowly taking over that #1 spot

price is goodnot the best anymore

chuck.....chuck also hasnt been 2015 form hes like a 20 or less goal a year guy maybe a 40-45 point player.....hes not a top 40-50 player .....hes just not im sorry...hes like the 5th best player on his team

5) Jonathan Toews

in no world is this guy a top 100 player over guys like malkin idk he won 3 cups and some really really good hawks teams and that cool just not as great as people say

i would take 10 centers over him right now without thinking there probably way more

Unless you want to win cups. If you do, you need guys like Toews and Bergeron and Crosby, and even Kopitar

For me, it's all about winning cups - you can have your individual trophies.....
Nov. 8, 2017 at 2:16 a.m.

Just saying smile

Never understand "second favourite team" thing. You're either a fan of a team, or you are a fan of hockey liking several different teams. For me, there is only 1 team that matters (that I cheer for).
Nov. 8, 2017 at 11:44 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: PaulDunnill

Just saying smile

Never understand "second favourite team" thing. You're either a fan of a team, or you are a fan of hockey liking several different teams. For me, there is only 1 team that matters (that I cheer for).

Montreal?
Daryl, DoctorBreakfast, Pasta88Sauce and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 8, 2017 at 12:00 p.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: krakowitz
Quoting: PaulDunnill

Montreal?

That was my first thought. I just assume he sports the spoked B ironically.
Pasta88Sauce, Daryl and nobody liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll