SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Is Dennis Wideman blacklisted or washed up?

Is Dennis Wideman being kept out of NHL?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Nov. 9, 2017 at 11:51 p.m.
I've been wondering why this guy isn't in NHL from when checked on Roto site he didn't even come up easily on searches... So is it a matter of him being blacklisted or washed up? I can't see why so many teams who lack right shooting D-men don't seem to want to sign him or give him a chance. Would Vegas be any worse if they gave him a contract after botching it with the russian stud? Kings got nothing on the right side to help out Drew but want to double up left shooting D-men? I think he had like 5 goals his last season, he has had some really good ones prior to that so odd he seems finished... Maybe he can play in the Olympics as a stud if he stays out of NHL long enough is another reason or option smile. I saw this guy has some bogus lawsuit trying to get all this money from him for his injuries which is absurd. Shame live in a world where there always some criminal claiming to be a lawyer willing to try to sue anybody if they get paid enough robbing from all who live and die wink.
Nov. 10, 2017 at 10:57 a.m.
Below Market Value
Both. He isn't good defensively and his offensive talent has gone downhill recently, so it isn't enough to supplement his defensive deficiencies. Even when he did put up points, they were primarily on the powerplay so he was a liability at even strength. Plus, it was obvious how many more penalties were called on Calgary after Wideman ran over the linesman (whether that's because of Wideman or the addition of Tkachuk is up to you to decide), so teams don't want his defensive play coupled with the possibility of being on the officials' shitlist.
tad77 liked this.
Nov. 12, 2017 at 2:28 a.m.
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
Both. He isn't good defensively and his offensive talent has gone downhill recently, so it isn't enough to supplement his defensive deficiencies. Even when he did put up points, they were primarily on the powerplay so he was a liability at even strength. Plus, it was obvious how many more penalties were called on Calgary after Wideman ran over the linesman (whether that's because of Wideman or the addition of Tkachuk is up to you to decide), so teams don't want his defensive play coupled with the possibility of being on the officials' shitlist.

Thanks that helps explain why no team seems to even want to kick the tires smile. Kings probably could use him on their PP to have a right handed shot though don't seem that will happen... Least he isn't hiring some lawyer to sue the league for not letting him play. I got a puppy in August so lost track of what was going on besides spinal/computer issues. Firefox Nightly kept crashing especially when checking Yahoo mail, read others had that issue too... Then switched to Waterfox for now, was real odd how didn't seem any info about him on sites checked besides the legal one...

Maybe he will get another shot if things settle down... I remember people laughing at me when wanted Kings to trade for Justin Schultz back when Penguins ended up with him... They said many of the same things how he was only good on offense had issues on defense etc... Del Zotto was another guy who had a bit of a rep for being a 1 sided offensive player who couldn't trust on defense. At Wideman's age unless something happens this year or next it seems like he is done... Probably too old to play in KHL like an Emery then try to get back in NHL. I think he had a concussion when he had that incident so real shame how it tarnished him. Carcillo had some issue with official but that seemed to be less of a big deal etc... Always thought Wideman was a bit over priced/paid so guess he made enough money to dictate his own life not play for some minimal contract or overseas...
Nov. 17, 2017 at 4:39 a.m.
Both so I can't vote
Nov. 19, 2017 at 11:13 p.m.
Quoting: PaulDunnill
Both so I can't vote

Hehe I couldn't make up my mind either though was leaning towards blacklisted smile. On bright side at least he can play in the Olympics while the rest of the NHL stays home smile.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit