SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

I think the Habs should trade Carey Price ... either that or i think it would be a stupid move ... i'll go with option 2.

What are the chances of Carey Price getting traded before the deadline?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Nov. 11, 2017 at 11:29 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
So many people seem to think that because he's had a bad start that he should get traded. In my opinion there is no way they trade him. He's one of the best goalies in the NHL, he's just struggling. There is no way he's moved IMO.
Nov. 12, 2017 at 12:17 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
I’m not even going to go into why it’s a bad idea from a team standpoint. I’ll I’m going to say is that nobody is going to be able to meet Montreal’s ask for a 10.5 million dollar goalie for the next 8 years, and the last few years of that deal are going to be a massive cap casualty for whoever acquired him.

So the chances of him being traded are < 0%
Nov. 12, 2017 at 12:44 a.m.
Molson beer is meh
1. MTL have no interest in trading Price. it’s a larger risk to trade him and see him have success elsewhere than it it is for the Habs to just ride out his current struggles and hope he gets back to his old self.

2. Contending teams that would want Price would not be able to afford his Cap hit of $10.5mil.

3. Teams who could afford Price’s contract wouldn’t have the assets available to acquire him, or more simply than that, they would not be interested in paying the Habs demands.

-
All these armchair GM trades are popping up because of Price’s struggles and Lindgren’s success. First of all, it’s too small a sample size to start committing to Lindgren and to even think of trading Price. And personally, if Lindgren continues his success and becomes a true #1, I would much rather keep him and Price as a 1A and 1B, keep Lindgren for his entire RFA years where you can pay him relatively cheap bridge deals, sign and trade him as he approaches UFA for maximum value. Similar to the Schneider for Horvat deal.
Nov. 12, 2017 at 2:31 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
So many people seem to think that because he's had a bad start that he should get traded. In my opinion there is no way they trade him. He's one of the best goalies in the NHL, he's just struggling. There is no way he's moved IMO.

This probably belongs in the Montreal forum, why not make a poll how many games he will miss with injury before trade deadline or after it haha smile. I knew that was a bad contract, can't win if paying a goalie 7M or more in cap hit anyways... Henrik lost when he was making like 8.5M or something crazy vs. Kings... Another guy who really choked had 7M cap hit for Nashville Rinne smile. Quick is about the max can pay a goalie that 5.8M to 6M range if still want to win a Cup not lose in a final smile.

Montreal wont trade Price since nobody would be dumb enough to take that contract especially way its structured to pay even if the league folds or strikes whatever wink.
Nov. 12, 2017 at 5:25 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

for that contract you better not the "one of the best goalies in the NHL" but the best. montreal is a funny hockey market, the team doesn't sell out unless it's winning. but some of these deals that the lately have just allowed the habs to be a continuous mediocre team.
Nov. 12, 2017 at 11:47 a.m.
Banned
86% Sure That Corey Price Will Get Traded From Montreal Canadiens To Florida Panthers For Roberto Luongo Probably Be The Best Opportunity At The Trade Deadline And Maybe Exchanging Draft Picks As Well Between Florida And Montreal
Nov. 12, 2017 at 11:59 a.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: DetroitRedWingsFan2
86% Sure That Corey Price Will Get Traded From Montreal Canadiens To Florida Panthers For Roberto Luongo Probably Be The Best Opportunity At The Trade Deadline And Maybe Exchanging Draft Picks As Well Between Florida And Montreal

.......86%........would you mind explaining how you came up with that specific percentage? Sticking Out Tongue

Also if MTL trade Price for Luongo, they better freakin have either Barkov or Ekblad in that deal, because Luongo is finished!
Nov. 12, 2017 at 12:05 p.m.
Molson beer is meh

I'm assuming "Corey" Price is Carey Price's evil twin brother? perhaps he's been the one in net for the Habs so no wonder he's been struggling :P
Nov. 12, 2017 at 12:53 p.m.
SEA GM v5
If this is implying that Charlie Lindgren is going to be another Matt Murray then I laugh at you. Price is Montreal's now and future. Could Lindgren be a starter, yes but not in Montreal.
Nov. 12, 2017 at 1:41 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Florida would have to add though.
Nov. 12, 2017 at 1:42 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
So here's a better question: IF he's traded, who gets him? I'd say maybe Detroit.
Nov. 12, 2017 at 1:42 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
There is about a 0% chance he plays for a team other than Montreal.
Nov. 12, 2017 at 1:49 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Montreal has a couple bad weeks and everyone thinks they should trade Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, and Price. The only change Montreal needs to make is firing Bergevin.
Blazingbat11 liked this.
Nov. 12, 2017 at 2:20 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: DarylthePony
Montreal has a couple bad weeks and everyone thinks they should trade Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, and Price. The only change Montreal needs to make is firing Bergevin.

tenor.gif?itemid=4445024
Daryl liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit