SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

Travares trade

Will Travares stay or go
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Nov. 12, 2017 at 2:54 p.m.
Penguinstanleycup
I believe that Travares will be traded this December or January to either these team and you have a say who he will go to put it below
1. Carolina Hurricanes
2. Dallas Stars
3. Philadelphia Flyers
4. San Jose Sharks
5. Florida Panthers
(6. Winnipeg Jets).
Nov. 12, 2017 at 4:05 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: Penguinstanleycup
I believe that Travares will be traded this December or January to either these team and you have a say who he will go to put it below
1. Carolina Hurricanes
2. Dallas Stars
3. Philadelphia Flyers
4. San Jose Sharks
5. Florida Panthers
(6. Winnipeg Jets).

I don't really see DAL, PHI, FLO, WIN, CAR making a hard push trading for Tavares. DAL simply can't until Spezza's contract expires and he'll be almost impossible to move with his NMC. PHI already have a bunch of centers, FLO doesn't have the cash due to their internal budget and them already paying huge money to Ekblad, Barkov, Huberdeau, Yandle. and WIN needs defense, their offense is just fine. CAR also have an internal budget, and they will be getting awfully close to the cap next year when Slavin and Pesce's big contracts start.

SJ is a realistic option! I would say STL will be one of the top contenders, and you can bet NYI neighbors (NJD and NYR) will be trying as well. and I can tell you that MTL will do as much as possible to stay in the mix, because they will have the cap to match almost any offer Tavares receives.

My TOP list

1. New York Islanders - I still think him staying is the most likely, if NYI remain close to a playoff spot, 100% he stay, I highly doubt Tavares is the type of guy that would abandon his teammates mid season, especially if there are close to the playoffs, I've also never seen a Captain do that too. And he holds all the power as well, if he asks the team to wait till the offseason, NYI will do it, because Tavares is their franchise, and no matter what return the Islanders get if they trade him, if it's not a star player coming back, the team will get a name change to the Nordiques if you know what I mean. wink

2. St-Louis Blues - If Tavares leaves, it's because he wants to win, and STL have basically everything he's looking for. With Stastny coming off the books, they will have the cap space, they have a strong defensive squad, good goaltending, and what better sales pitch to tell someone their linemate will be freakin Tarasenko! easy choice.

3. San Jose Sharks - with Thornton coming off the books, SJ are almost carbon copies of STL, good D, great Goaltending, and California is a desirable place.

4. New York Rangers - I put the Rangers because they are always after the top guy, ALWAYS! and I'm willing to bet NYR will manage to make cap space for him (Nash's $7.8mil cap hit is gone next year), extra bonus is that the team can say to Tavares that he doesn't have to move lol

5. Montreal Canadiens - This is probably more wishful thinking, but you know MTL will do the whole historic sales pitch. "You would be the greatest forward MTL has had since Guy Lafleur! You will have endorsements until the end of your days! Blah blah blah same old same old. I think MTL best chances at Tavares is trading for him and extending him before he hits open market, because if he does, they''ll be too many other options where another teams will show to have a better roster and not have the taxes MTL has.
Penguinstanleycup liked this.
Nov. 12, 2017 at 4:35 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
I commented this in another thread but I think it applies here pretty well

"Just from a monetary perspective, let's just say NYI offer Tavares $11mil AAV for 8 years, so $88mil total, which is a realistic offer he can receive, especially if the cap goes up. MTL to match the offer, being limited to only a 7year deal, would have to pay him $12.6mill AAV. I have not included taxes yet. Tax differential between Quebec and New York is roughly 10%, so if you calculate the tax differential between both cities for $88mil, MTL would have to pay roughly $4.35mil more in the overall deal to even things out with regard to taxes... bringing MTL's deal at 7years $92.3mil deal at $13.2mil AAV...........and that is just to match NYI's offer of 8years $11mil AAV...

this isn't even counting other teams with lower taxes... So if Tavares hits open market, MTL are screwed... only chance is for them to acquire him through trade and lock him up before he has a chance to leave..."
Nov. 12, 2017 at 11:17 p.m.
Banned
John Tavares Probably Will Get Trade Either Next Month Or In February 2018 To The Vegas Golden Knights Among Rick Nash Probably Being Trade From NY Rangers For Reid Duke
Penguinstanleycup liked this.
Nov. 13, 2017 at 12:21 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Another honest question -- is there a reason you said "Travares" three times, or was it a typo for all three?
Nov. 13, 2017 at 10:34 a.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: DetroitRedWingsFan2
John Tavares Probably Will Get Trade Either Next Month Or In February 2018 To The Vegas Golden Knights Among Rick Nash Probably Being Trade From NY Rangers For Reid Duke

C1mGBSvWEAANu9k.jpg
A_K, krakowitz, wojme and 3 others liked this.
Nov. 13, 2017 at 12:13 p.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
Another honest question -- is there a reason you said "Travares" three times, or was it a typo for all three?

No I think you're mistaken. He's talking about John Travares. laugh
Nov. 14, 2017 at 12:06 a.m.
Quoting: Penguinstanleycup
1. Carolina Hurricanes
2. Dallas Stars
3. Philadelphia Flyers
4. San Jose Sharks
5. Florida Panthers
(6. Winnipeg Jets).

All this time I was thinking the guys name was Tavares damn it all smile. I think he stays on Islanders they will build a new arena in Bellmont or some other place if not return to Nassau where they belong... HE is tied for 3rd in franchise history for most Hat Tricks behind Bossy and Trottier... Tied with think its Turgeon ahead of guys like King and Palffy smile. Out of those teams I think it would be Sharks or Stars who would be more all in to win a cup over say Jets unless they gave them like Trouba, Kane, some other players in a huge deal or some 3 way dance thing...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit