SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(ARI / TBL) - Leighton, McGinn for Domingue

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Nov. 14, 2017 at 12:20 p.m.
A trade between Arizona Coyotes and Tampa Bay Lightning has been confirmed.
Trade Details
Arizona Coyotes Acquire:
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
Michael Leighton · $650,000$650,000$650,000
Tye McGinn · $0$650,000$200,000 (AHL/JR)
Sum: $650,000$1,300,000$850,000
Change: +$625,000
Change: +$250,000
Change: -$250,000
Tampa Bay Lightning Acquire:
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
Louis Domingue · $25,000$1,050,000$1,100,000 (AHL/JR)
Sum: $25,000$1,050,000$1,100,000
Change: +$25,000
Change: -$250,000
Change: +$250,000
Nov. 14, 2017 at 1:26 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
If i could rate this trade from 1 to 10 i'd give it a 0.
If i could give it a grade, i'd give it a G.
If Garth Snow was the GM of the Yotes, i'd still be surprised.
lol.
Nov. 14, 2017 at 4:08 p.m.
I'm a Skatman
no one wins this trade as no one gains or loses anything
Nov. 14, 2017 at 4:28 p.m.
Tampa wins this especially if goalie can regain form he had around 2015 to be a viable backup... He just isn't a starter at this point in his career anyways... Besides Budaj has a save percentage below .900 on a stacked team like Tampa... Now Bolts have 2 goalies under contract for around 1Mish for next year to give them solid backup or ship out Budaj who is in his mid 30's... I'll not be surprised to see Budaj flipped in a deal or sent down to the minors if they feel the younger guy is a better fit... Though if he can play in AHL he will be sharper if they need to call him up depending on the type of contract he has. While its akin to winning a $2 dollar scratch off when spent a dollar it still double your money smile. Coyotes realize they are not winning anything except maybe the draft lottery so are going into full tank mode... I was never a fan of the goalie Tampa shipped out, maybe he is AHL level but don't think he will ever pan out in NHL even as a backup...

Good Deal for Tampa trying to secure 1st Cup... Budaj might be great at times in regular season but never got it going quite right in the Post Season... So least if their stud starter gets hurt they got a better chance to win with Dominigue in Playoffs smile.
Nov. 14, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: Daoloth
Tampa wins this especially if goalie can regain form he had around 2015 to be a viable backup... He just isn't a starter at this point in his career anyways... Besides Budaj has a save percentage below .900 on a stacked team like Tampa... Now Bolts have 2 goalies under contract for around 1Mish for next year to give them solid backup or ship out Budaj who is in his mid 30's... I'll not be surprised to see Budaj flipped in a deal or sent down to the minors if they feel the younger guy is a better fit... Though if he can play in AHL he will be sharper if they need to call him up depending on the type of contract he has. While its akin to winning a $2 dollar scratch off when spent a dollar it still double your money smile. Coyotes realize they are not winning anything except maybe the draft lottery so are going into full tank mode... I was never a fan of the goalie Tampa shipped out, maybe he is AHL level but don't think he will ever pan out in NHL even as a backup...

Good Deal for Tampa trying to secure 1st Cup... Budaj might be great at times in regular season but never got it going quite right in the Post Season... So least if their stud starter gets hurt they got a better chance to win with Dominigue in Playoffs smile.

Tampa has already won a Cup.
rangersandislesfan, Kotkaniemi15, DragonRaptorHybrid and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 14, 2017 at 4:33 p.m.
Penguinstanleycup
What was this trade it was trash for more trash
Nov. 14, 2017 at 4:41 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Barathrum_Obama

Domingues was the Yotes' future starter, now they move him for Leighton, who has some playoff experience but is an AHL/backup goalie, and who exactly is Tye McGinn?
Nov. 14, 2017 at 4:44 p.m.
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

Gelinas along with the Calgary Flames were cheated and robbed smile... Though I simply made a type since I'm dyslexic it happens pretty often smile. I think I meant to say "its" Cup or "The Cup" instead of 1st... OR maybe was saying trying to secure 1st as in placement along with the cup but left out words from wireless keyboard losing its signal or distracted watching Heathcliff smile... Haha thats funny though, I had to reread what wrote without any memory of typing the 1st Cup thing so smile. I even read your reply as Tampa has always won the cup at first... I got some sty in my left eye so the medication makes things a bit blurry in the eye/lid area.

Tampa should have more than 1 Cup if not for injuries at the wrong time... So hopefully if its them this year they are not playing the Kings or Sharks so I can enjoy their victory smile. I think they had a good team back when they won though them missing out on a season really hurt the chances of a repeat... I'm lagging a bit so maybe I deleted/retyped something then didn't realize it... when dyslexic can read something wrong 5 or more times in a row without realizing it at times... Then got the hounds playing Game of Bones in background makes it hard to focus smile.
Nov. 14, 2017 at 4:52 p.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

Gelinas along with the Calgary Flames were cheated and robbed smile... Though I simply made a type since I'm dyslexic it happens pretty often smile. I think I meant to say "its" Cup or "The Cup" instead of 1st... OR maybe was saying trying to secure 1st as in placement along with the cup but left out words from wireless keyboard losing its signal or distracted watching Heathcliff smile... Haha thats funny though, I had to reread what wrote without any memory of typing the 1st Cup thing so smile. I even read your reply as Tampa has always won the cup at first... I got some sty in my left eye so the medication makes things a bit blurry in the eye/lid area.

Tampa should have more than 1 Cup if not for injuries at the wrong time... So hopefully if its them this year they are not playing the Kings or Sharks so I can enjoy their victory smile. I think they had a good team back when they won though them missing out on a season really hurt the chances of a repeat... I'm lagging a bit so maybe I deleted/retyped something then didn't realize it... when dyslexic can read something wrong 5 or more times in a row without realizing it at times... Then got the hounds playing Game of Bones in background makes it hard to focus smile.

You talk too much.
Nov. 14, 2017 at 6:26 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Quoting: Barathrum_Obama

Domingues was the Yotes' future starter, now they move him for Leighton, who has some playoff experience but is an AHL/backup goalie, and who exactly is Tye McGinn?

Jamie McGinn's younger brother.
Nov. 14, 2017 at 9:09 p.m.
Sensible Commentary
Quoting: EthanK24
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Jamie McGinn's younger brother.
There are 3 McGinn brothers; Brock plays for the Hurricanes.

And, no, if Raanta doesn't pan out, Adin Hill's the presumptive future starter (or Hunter Miska, whichever of the two pan out better). Domingue was maybe once upon a time the future starter, but that went out the window at least a season ago.
Nov. 14, 2017 at 10:34 p.m.
Log off the internet
Tampa Bay trades a 37-year-old goaltender and a 27-year-old career AHLer for a 26-year-old goaltender.
Both goalies have almost identical stats.

Yzerman won.
Nov. 15, 2017 at 10:20 a.m.
Below Market Value
Time and Tye McGinn.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit