SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

OEL to Toronto?

Nov. 20, 2017 at 12:57 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I doubt it's happening but i read a rumour that it could happen as soon as today.
Nov. 20, 2017 at 1:15 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
is it a reliable source or is this another one of your NHL numbers trade speculation posts?
krakowitz and Blazingbat11 liked this.
Nov. 20, 2017 at 1:43 p.m.
I'm a Skatman
transfermarkt, a german based soccer portal focusing on player transactions has a rule that rumour mill discussions need to be backed by a source. this is a good thing.
Nov. 20, 2017 at 2:12 p.m.
WentWughes
Mckenzie wrote an article about it. Saying OEL for Nylander straight swap, but I dont think Arizona would do that
Nov. 20, 2017 at 4:15 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Mckenzie wrote an article about it. Saying OEL for Nylander straight swap, but I dont think Arizona would do that

Now, that's real rumour, Arizona wouldn't do the deal. What success has OEL ever brought to.the Coyotes? If anyone really wanted to show OEL's worth in a trade, don't you think he should be traded to other teams besides the Leafs? Since no one on this site ever trades to OEL to any team but the Leafs, Leafs play hard ball and offer 7th rounder. No other team would beat it.
Nov. 20, 2017 at 5:22 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: palhal

Now, that's real rumour, Arizona wouldn't do the deal. What success has OEL ever brought to.the Coyotes? If anyone really wanted to show OEL's worth in a trade, don't you think he should be traded to other teams besides the Leafs? Since no one on this site ever trades to OEL to any team but the Leafs, Leafs play hard ball and offer 7th rounder. No other team would beat it.

OEL is worth Nylander at very minimum, even with the so-so season he's having.
Nov. 20, 2017 at 5:32 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Sorry Ethan. No team, would trade their 3rd best forward with at least for 4.5 years of control, for 1.5 years of OEL. But please, I would love to see any deals that any teams would make for OEL. But alas there aren't any cause folks just love to say it's Nylander and more. Sure.
Nov. 20, 2017 at 6:08 p.m.
WentWughes
Sorry Ethan. No team, would trade their 3rd best forward with at least for 4.5 years of control, for 1.5 years of OEL. But please, I would love to see any deals that any teams would make for OEL. But alas there aren't any cause folks just love to say it's Nylander and more. Sure.

A guy who had one good season for a defender that puts up 40 point seasons consecutively with a shitty D-Partner on a shitty team. Your going to have to pay alot more than Nylander (who plays the least valuable position) for OEL (Who plays the most valuable position). Teams will be lining up for a #1 Defender and the Coyotes definitly wont be losing any deal on him
Nov. 20, 2017 at 6:09 p.m.
I'm a Bruins fan I want OEL. I'd move our 2018 2nd, 2019 1st and 2nd, Torey Krug, Jake DeBrusk, and Ryan Donato.
Nov. 20, 2017 at 6:41 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer

A guy who had one good season for a defender that puts up 40 point seasons consecutively with a shitty D-Partner on a shitty team. Your going to have to pay alot more than Nylander (who plays the least valuable position) for OEL (Who plays the most valuable position). Teams will be lining up for a #1 Defender and the Coyotes definitly wont be losing any deal on him

Well as you suggest, OEL is the best defender on a shitty team. How does he line up on a good team. A good comparison would be the Jets/Toronto. Would the Jets trade Ehlers and more for OEL as you suggest. Of course not. But again the only trade you could suggest is a Leaf trade, not one trade from any other team. But again it's this constant Leaf hate (how else can I explain it) the Leafs have to pay way more than any other team for OEL or Doughty or Tanev.
Nov. 20, 2017 at 7:14 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Jarvis
is it a reliable source or is this another one of your NHL numbers trade speculation posts?

I'm not sure which sources you'd believe and which ones you wouldn't. Bob McKenzie of TSN.
Nov. 20, 2017 at 7:34 p.m.
OEL is not worth more than William Nylander. While I agree that OEL is in the category of "Superstar", William Nylander has more team control than OEL does. The market for Nylander will be more "regulated" since he is an RFA, while OEL is an UFA, and teams will be more inclined to move money or strategically plan to make a run at OEL.
Nov. 20, 2017 at 7:35 p.m.
Quoting: tadhockey
I'm a Bruins fan I want OEL. I'd move our 2018 2nd, 2019 1st and 2nd, Torey Krug, Jake DeBrusk, and Ryan Donato.

I think your moving a ton of value for an upgrade that is not compensated in the deal.
Nov. 20, 2017 at 9:20 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I'm watching the parts of the Leaf/Arizona game tonight. If all the Leafs were traded for all the Coyotes tonight, Arizona would get cheated.
Nov. 21, 2017 at 12:20 a.m.
WentWughes

Well as you suggest, OEL is the best defender on a shitty team. How does he line up on a good team. A good comparison would be the Jets/Toronto. Would the Jets trade Ehlers and more for OEL as you suggest. Of course not. But again the only trade you could suggest is a Leaf trade, not one trade from any other team. But again it's this constant Leaf hate (how else can I explain it) the Leafs have to pay way more than any other team for OEL or Doughty or Tanev.

If the Jets wanted a player like OEL, they would 100% have to give up a guy like Ehlers. The whole forum is about Toronto acquiring OEL so obviously i would use them wtf? The problem is you are a Toronto fan overvaluing all of your players just like im a Habs fan that overvalues all my players. it how it works. Think of it from an unbiased perspective
Blazingbat11 liked this.
Nov. 21, 2017 at 5:27 p.m.
looks like KSixSKULLs just has to follow the crowd. check my profile, I'm not a Toronto fan, but I try to look at deals objectively. You don't come from an unbiased perspective, all you can do repeat the same all OEL to leafs.
actually I'm a oiler jets fan, and no way would the jets trade a Ehlers for limited shelf life of oel. you're just trying to justify an oel deal try reading what phillyjabroni wrote, and how length of term is important in making deals/

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll