SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Other Leagues

Dylan Strome

Nov. 23, 2017 at 1:14 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
I was in attendance for the Tucson Roadrunners game tonight, and Dylan Strome was an absolute beast. He had 4 points, and absolutely dominated the flow of the game. That being said, when does he finally figure it out at the NHL level? I'd like to think he gets called up in the near future and can stick, but he was supposed to stick for the last two years. I'd like to know what everybody else thinks about Strome's upside in the NHL.
Nov. 23, 2017 at 11:06 a.m.
Sensible Commentary
Quoting: krakowitz
I was in attendance for the Tucson Roadrunners game tonight, and Dylan Strome was an absolute beast. He had 4 points, and absolutely dominated the flow of the game. That being said, when does he finally figure it out at the NHL level? I'd like to think he gets called up in the near future and can stick, but he was supposed to stick for the last two years. I'd like to know what everybody else thinks about Strome's upside in the NHL.
I think he's fine. Not everybody lives up to their billed potential, but if Strome's a competent NHLer, I think the Coyotes have enough pieces there that it's not the end of the world for them. A center lineup of Derek Stepan, Christian Dvorak, and Strome isn't something to sneeze at; the Predators made it to the Stanley Cup Final last year with Ryan Johansen, Mike Fisher, Calle Järnkrok, and Colton Sissons down the middle. Now they have Kyle Turris and Nick Bonino, and, while none of those players are superstars, per se, it's still solid depth. I would hope Strome maybe becomes a typical 2C type of player at worst.

His debut in the AHL seems kinda like Jake Guentzel's last year. Guentzel had 21 G and 42 P in 33 GP with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, and then he got called up and immediately cemented his place on the Penguins' roster. Hopefully, Strome does a similar sort of thing.
Nov. 23, 2017 at 5:05 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I guess some folks are a little put off because he was drafted # 3 overall, ahead of Hanifan and Marner and some other current NHLers who are already doing well in the NHL. Best to wait 15 years and we can redo the draft again and see where maybe Strome and the others should have been drafted. No reason to think he is a "bust" yet. Krakowitz, thanks for your insight.
Nov. 23, 2017 at 6:18 p.m.
Habs/Pens fan
I hope Strome does well despite being in Marner's draft year. Thanks for letting me know even if I could care less. I'll maybe cheer for them as a underdog but that won't be this year.
Feb. 10, 2018 at 4:47 p.m.

I think Strome is kinda slow for his build and hasn't kept up with the game mentally enough to produce anything. I'm not sure if he'll ever become anything, but it's not like Arizona is great at developing forwards. They need to pick a guy in the 1st or 2nd round who's already really good to have any shot of a player who helps them. Is Strome even any better than Merkley at this point in time? I just think they'd be better off trading him for a veteran around the level of Stepan and try to win next season instead of trying to develop all these young guys at the same time as if they're trying for a dynasty. Get some real players in right now and hope you're in the hunt next season which might entice OEL to sign an extension.
Mar. 12, 2020 at 11:37 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM

Strome works well in the NHL.
exo2769 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll