- png, jpeg
- Recommended minimum size 800px by 800px
- Maximum size: 1MB
Nov 3, 2018
2nd Favourite Team
Posts per Day
<div class="quote"><div class="quote_t">Quoting: <b>Kotkaniemi15</b></div><div>Well that sucked.
So discipline, which was our biggest problem through 3 games, has bitten us in the butt.
The first 2 penalties are inexcusable. Tatar with the useless hooking penalty 18 seconds in, and Chiarot’s holding penalty was plain stupid and lead to the Canucks’ 1st goal.
The KK penalty was BS. What the hell could he have said that warrants a penalty? People argue with calls/non-calls all the time. This reeks of ageism in officiating to me. I guarantee the ref wouldn’t give Shea Weber a penalty for doing the same thing.
The Kulak and Anderson penalties were ridiculous. After watching this and the Oilers game, it seems like some refs are trying to crack down on any contact between players that isn’t a hit.
Overall officiating was terrible, but at least it didn’t decide the game.
Carey didn’t look himself tonight. Especially in the shootout. Hopefully he bounces back on Saturday. (Or maybe it’s the curse of the red pads, in which case, he should switch them immediately)
Anyways, now that I’ve gotten all that out of my system, I’ll focus on the positives.
Nick Suzuki’s hands are just ridiculous. This man is going to be a star in this league.
Phenomenal game by Tyler Toffoli, and KK was really good too.
5-on-5 it was a pretty good game overall, but the penalties just killed us.
And if we needed to lose a game against Vancouver, I’m thankful it’s the 1st game since this one doesn’t count towards the tiebreaker.</div></div>
I know we are on different sides of the why we lost in the SO. However you bring up some really good points here.
1. Price wasn't price no denying that but the reffing didn't help either like you pointed out.
2. KK and Toffoli look like the chemistry is finally building.
3. All 4 lines were really wearing down the Canucks all game at 5 on 5.
4. CJ played the OT really well by having the guys try to end it. It was exciting to watch unlike that 1st game with Toronto.
5. IMO CJ should have continued the momentum of the game and OT into the shootout. Go with the hot hands. I know Toffoli missed his shot but Drouin and Byron were not factors in the game and thus shouldn't have been in the shootout IMO.
6. Really happy with the points and our team looks to be even better than what was expected. We just have to get the PK working better and draw some more penalties ourselves.