May 18, 2022
2nd Favourite Team
Detroit Red Wings
Posts per Day
Form: favourite, medium favourite, long shot
Hart- McDavid (+120), pettersson (+5500), Crosby (+12000)
Richard- Matthews ( +300), Kaprizov (+3000), debrincat (+8000)
Calder- bedard (-120), Cooley(+1500), kulich (+8000)
Norris- Q Hughes (+800), Karlsson (+1300), Theodore
Selke- Hischier, Pettersson, idk
Vezina- Vasy, (+600), Gustafson (+1800), demko (+2300)
<div class="quote"><div class="quote_t">Quoting: <b>pensfan21</b></div><div>I like the Jones signing. I would also try and sign Suter depending on what's going on there. The only thing is I'm not sure Nylander brings enough offense to the top 6. I think he's a good player I just don't know his style fits the system well. Speed isn't his strong suit and wasn't great at finishing in the small sample size we got last year. Definitely he deserves a shot in camp and I like the idea of putting someone like that in the top 6. I think Poulin Pitlick and Hinostrozza would be good contenders there.</div></div>
Yeah I think Pitlick should start on the Crosby line while guentz is out. I would even like to see Yager play a few games there for a little test drive before going back to junior, who knows maybe he is impressive and sticks around
I think we can all agree that Crosby, guentzel, Rakell, smith, geno, rust, eller are 7/9 top forwards, now we just have to determine who the other 2 are and where they can play. Preferably whoever, out of the long list of hopefuls, can find some chemistry with Sid or Geno can play in the top 6.
I see you mentioned nylander is lacking in speed and I’m not disagreeing with you, but who, out of the list of hopefuls, is fast? I would say it’s Johnsson, Pitlick, Hinostoza, Yager, Poulin, puustinen, nylander, Carter, competing for those 2 spots. I’m not super familiar with some of these guys, but most of them are not exactly burners, to my knowledge
<div class="quote"><div class="quote_t">Quoting: <b>JSEB93</b></div><div>*THERE'S NO RULES* - hopefully you get the reference or this is awkward. So below are some options that I think would have been better. I think we could have afforded all of these options based on cap hit and/or assets given up.
1) Bertuzzi goes for a 1st and a 4th - half retained. He's also a UFA. So better player, lower cap hit, and you can let him walk in the offseason if need be.
2) Chychrun goes for a 1st, 2nd and 2nd. Could have easily added Bjugstad for a 3rd or 4th. Improve the 3C and get a top pair Dman for this year and 2 more.
3) Rangers get Patrick Kane for 2.5mil for a 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Better player, and cheaper. Also UFA at end of the season so can let him walk.
4) Islanders get Engvall for a 3rd. This one really bothers me. Perfect fit for what the Pens need at 3C. Only making 2.5mil. And a UFA at the end of the season.
5) Vegas gets Barbashev for a prospect in the QMJHL. I don't think he's really any better than Granlund, but he's only making 2.25mil and is a pending UFA
6) Winnipeg gets Niederreiter from the exact same team for the same round pick. Better contract - and in my opinion better player that would be a bigger help to the team
7) TOR got ROR for basically a 1st, 2nd, 4th. He fits exactly what the Pens needed
8) Possible Tarasenko depending on his NTC
9) Maybe most importantly, do nothing. If Granlund is your only move, this team isn't goig to be competitive. So why waste the cap space and assets to get him?
I'm sure there's more that I'm missing but I'll stick with that for now</div></div>
1. Bertuzzi would have been awesome
Sounds like coyotes were looking for the highest pick they could get.
3. Kane had a full NMC and was only willing to go to rangers
4.Engvall just kinda sucks imo - I’d rather have granlund
5. Barbashev would have been decent for sure. They paid a bit more than we did for granlund but he’s half the salary cap so it evens out. Granlund better offensively, barbashev better energy/physical guy. Take your pick
6. Nino would have been great but he was traded before the pens were out on better players, so you can’t really fault them on that yk. Also seems like Nino went immediately after poile made it known they were selling - jets acted very quick
7. ROR very good player for sure. Big price to pay but worth it.
8. I think NYR was Tarasenko preference.
I like the idea of playing granlund on Malkins rw, sliding rust down, and going after a cheap but solid 3C (maybe max domi). I would have coughed up the extra 3rd and gotten detention on granlund to make that happen