Jul 4, 2016
2nd Favourite Team
Posts per Day
<div class="quote"><div class="quote_t">Quoting: <b>rangersandislesfan</b></div><div><div class="quote"><div class="quote_t">Quoting: <b>DragonRaptorHybrid</b></div><div>...That didn't answer my question. You said you'd heard that the Panthers might actually move but didn't give a source for that information when asked.
- The Coyotes aren't going anywhere. Auston Matthews has entirely validated Bettman's efforts to keep the Coyotes in Arizona for all of these years. A market that can produce a generational talent is definitely worth staying in. And the team, as a whole, is on the up and up, should John Chayka play his cards right.
- The Islanders' arena situation is, indeed, a hairy one. I doubt they're leaving the Tri-State Area, though. (insert snide remark about the Islanders moving to Hartford here)
- Honestly, I have no idea what's going on with Peter Karmanos and his ownership of the Hurricanes. They do have a lot of young players there, though, and they could maybe be the Maple Leafs-lite next year, in terms of being a up-tempo, high-offense team with loads of young players (although the Metro's a tough division right now). If they can do that, winning ultimately puts butts in seats, and ticket sales should be just fine. If they're not, and Karmanos still doesn't seem like he knows what he's doing, *then* you start asking questions.
- Sunrise really isn't the greatest location if the Panthers are attempting to convince people to drive out that far to go to games, and ownership's made some pretty puzzling moves this year. But, if the market can generate players like Jakob Chychrun that are top-tier talent, then it's worthwhile to maintain a presence in the market. And they're still in the position that the Hurricanes are: a team with a core of young players in their prime, and they're in a better position to succeed, what with the Atlantic Division looking like a trash heap as of now. They need to establish a track record of winning games and making the playoffs consistently, and then I think people will be attracted.
- The hubbub surrounding the Flames is, in my opinion, bluster to try and get a new arena deal.</div></div>
I don't even know where, but in a few places a while ago i've been seeing things about the Panthers maybe moving, but can't remember where.
Here's one place: <a href="http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/professional-franchises-relocation-article-1.2758177" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/professional-franchises-relocation-article-1.2758177</a></div></div>
It says SHOULD not WILL. It's an opinionated piece not a fact one