Forums/Armchair-GM

Danny Briere Supremacy

Created by: Balake
Team: 2024-25 Philadelphia Flyers
Initial Creation Date: May 7, 2024
Published: May 10, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Tanev serves as the #BridgeToBonk. Overpay Tanev for 2 years rather than 3 to put Cam York in the best possible position to blossom in a 1D if possible. Sanheim was clearly better on the right side it seemed, but the 8-6 pair at times faultered. Get someone to anchor York pair that allows him to be the puck mover he was drafted to be.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$950,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,750,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$5,875,000
Trades
PHI
  1. 2025 2nd round pick (CBJ)
CBJ
  1. 2024 2nd round pick (CBJ)
Additional Details:
Columbus conditional pick more than likely will be shifted to 2025.
PHI
  1. 2024 1st round pick (BUF)
Additional Details:
Poehling will ultimately be the reason Laughton is on the way out. He more or less does everything Scott does but is younger, faster, and cheaper unfortunately.
BUF
  1. Laughton, Scott
  2. 2024 1st round pick (FLA)
  3. 2025 2nd round pick (PHI)
Additional Details:
Sabres were linked to Laughton \ at the deadline, and while the flyers may not have gotten the offer in futures they were looking for they could try packaging him with their other first to get creative and move up.

The 2nd rounder is the latest of the 3 flyers picks in 2025. Buffalo or Ottawa seem like the likeliest destinations if it were to happen
PHI
  1. Zegras, Trevor
Additional Details:
Briere and Co. have made it clear the team lacks high end talent, and if the rumors to Michkov coming over sooner than anticipated are true you have to think they want to go and get his future linemates sooner rather than later. A team of Cam York's friends is better than a team of Kevin Hayes's friends lol.
ANA
  1. Bjarnason, Carson
  2. Brink, Bobby
  3. 2024 1st round pick (PHI)
  4. 2025 2nd round pick (CBJ)
Additional Details:
How do you even come to evaluate the value of Zegras in a situation like this? Will certainly cost a haul and out of all the flyers younger roster players i would think Brink would be the one to go unless Briere and Torts decide Farabee doesnt fit their future outlook. Pick 12 will certainly net the ducks another great young piece in addition to brink and bjarnason. The Ducks forward, specifically center, depth is insane and full of buzzing young talent. Trade from a position of strength and recoup in other areas. The Flyers most definitely can meet the high asking price, they would just have to walk the line with the Ducks between the mix of futures and NHL-ready pieces
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the STL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the COL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$87,500,000$83,004,762$245,000$0$4,495,238
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$2,100,000$2,100,000
C
RFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$6,200,000$6,200,000
RW, LW
UFA - 8
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$5,750,000$5,750,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
RW
RFA
$2,625,000$2,625,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
$7,750,000$7,750,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$863,333$863,333
RW
RFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,900,000$1,900,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$2,375,000$2,375,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RD
UFA
$3,275,000$3,275,000
G
UFA - 2
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 7
$5,100,000$5,100,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,450,000$1,450,000
G
RFA - 2
$2,700,000$2,700,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 4
$2,300,000$2,300,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RD
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 10 at 7:05 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
That's an entirely reasonable offer for Zegras, but isn't quite right. Anaheim just signed two excellent 21-year-old goalie prospects and has a third in the system, so Bjarnason doesn't move the needle. Our standing request is for Tyson Foerster and the 2024 first. We can understand your reluctance to part with Foerster, so we would accept Brink plus the Columbus second with the appropriate prospect -- I think that it would take Oliver Bonk to complete the deal. (In short, substitute Bonk for Bjarnason in the offer shown.)
Balake and Jded liked this.
May 10 at 7:10 p.m.
Its more than just reluctance for Foerster. The leeway he was given to grow out of his early struggles more or less shows how important he will be to this teams future. To Torts he's literally the perfect player. Scorer who's incredibly efficient in his own zone. Brink was't given any of that time in the slightest. Suggesting Bonk is more than a fair ask, but since he's pretty much our only RHD with top pair potential certainly a tough decision
OldNYIfan and Zubrowka liked this.
May 10 at 7:52 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
That's an entirely reasonable offer for Zegras, but isn't quite right. Anaheim just signed two excellent 21-year-old goalie prospects and has a third in the system, so Bjarnason doesn't move the needle. Our standing request is for Tyson Foerster and the 2024 first. We can understand your reluctance to part with Foerster, so we would accept Brink plus the Columbus second with the appropriate prospect -- I think that it would take Oliver Bonk to complete the deal. (In short, substitute Bonk for Bjarnason in the offer shown.)

I personally disagree. Brink does nothing for ANA’s system at 5’8 and we don’t need depth prospects at all.

Zegras isn’t available, nor should he be. If you want to reel him out of ANA I don’t see anything other than Foerster and the PHI ‘24 1st that’d do it. More than happy to decline anything else with no regrets
OldNYIfan and GeneralLandro liked this.
May 10 at 8:02 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Jded
I personally disagree. Brink does nothing for ANA’s system at 5’8 and we don’t need depth prospects at all.

Zegras isn’t available, nor should he be. If you want to reel him out of ANA I don’t see anything other than Foerster and the PHI ‘24 1st that’d do it. More than happy to decline anything else with no regrets

Thanks for the counter-argument. It's always great to get an opposing viewpoint from an equally committed and knowledgeable Ducks fan.

My comments are always based on accepting the poster's premise that Zegras is available at all. I'm sure you know that my position has consistently been that he isn't. Since it probably isn't obvious that this should be taken for granted, perhaps I should premise every initial comment in any thread with that disclaimer.
GeneralLandro liked this.
May 10 at 8:19 p.m.
I thought Cates was heir apparent to Laughton
May 10 at 8:47 p.m.
Quoting: Jded

Thanks for the counter-argument. It's always great to get an opposing viewpoint from an equally committed and knowledgeable Ducks fan.

My comments are always based on accepting the poster's premise that Zegras is available at all. I'm sure you know that my position has consistently been that he isn't. Since it probably isn't obvious that this should be taken for granted, perhaps I should premise every initial comment in any thread with that disclaimer.

It would take Foerster and their 1st for me to listen on moving Z, otherwise I’m not wasting time on the phone and keeping the fella around as part of the core
OldNYIfan and Jded liked this.
May 10 at 10:17 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: Balake
Its more than just reluctance for Foerster. The leeway he was given to grow out of his early struggles more or less shows how important he will be to this teams future. To Torts he's literally the perfect player. Scorer who's incredibly efficient in his own zone. Brink was't given any of that time in the slightest. Suggesting Bonk is more than a fair ask, but since he's pretty much our only RHD with top pair potential certainly a tough decision

The thing is, Anaheims more than happy to keep the high end talent, so it's a matter of getting an impact piece the other way. Zegras and Gauthier as LW moving forward, putting two centers on each of our top 6 lines is very alluring. On top of that, we still have a loaded prospect system, so middle first round pieces or longer shot players are less alluring because we already have those. Too high a price to you may be seen as not even the bare minimum to us, because we value those pieces significantly less, because we already have those pieces, and you are asking us to subtract a very high end piece.

So we only do it if we feel the main piece coming back is a big enough impact piece. Brink isn't, Forester is, maybe Tippett is, but the add on top of Tippett will be higher than Foerster.

Thankfully for you, Torts doesnt make trades or the roster, he just coaches what he is given.
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 10 at 10:35 p.m.
Puckhead
Tanev says okay
May 13 at 11:14 a.m.
Fruad

What about brink, attard a 1st and a 2nd
May 13 at 11:32 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Edited May 13 at 12:08 p.m.. Reason: corrected grammar
Quoting: Fruad
What about brink, attard a 1st and a 2nd

Welcome to CapFriendly! Sometimes, it's not too friendly, but the more you post, the more you'll learn and the more you'll enjoy!

Carefully consider the points made by my esteemed friends @jded and @GiggyWithGibby above. Trevor Zegras is a high-quality impact player, which is why you constantly see fans of other teams trading for him. (You'll almost never see a Ducks fan posting an ACGM trading him unless it's in a fit of pique responding to an unusually obtuse Zegras trade suggestion.) Brink and Attard are lower-level prospects who, in my opinion, aren't a significant improvement on youngsters we already have in the system. Bonk at least looks to me like he might have top-pair RD potential. And note that neither of my colleagues is very happy about my willingness to accept anything less than Foerster and your own 2024 first.

Good luck to the Flyers in the future! cheers
GiggywithGibby and Fruad liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll