TOR
  1. 2024 2nd round pick (LAK)
VGK
  1. Järnkrok, Calle
  2. 2024 2nd round pick (LAK)
TOR
  1. 2026 7th round pick (SJS)
TOR
    Retain 50% of Tavares (50% of 8.125 after Toronto retains 25%)
    ANA
    1. Kämpf, David
    2. 2024 2nd round pick (NJD)
    TOR
    1. 2024 5th round pick (PIT)
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the SJS
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    20$87,700,000$87,661,334$0$0$38,666

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $11,000,000$11,000,000
    C, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $13,250,000$13,250,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $10,903,000$10,903,000
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    LW
    UFA
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    C, RW
    UFA
    $11,500,000$11,500,000
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 8
    $925,000$925,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    $1,900,000$1,900,000
    C, LW
    UFA
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RW
    UFA
    $1,350,000$1,350,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    RW, C, LW
    UFA
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RW
    UFA
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $7,500,000$7,500,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    RD
    UFA
    Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
    $766,667$766,667
    G
    UFA - 1
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LD
    UFA
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    RD
    UFA
    $766,667$766,667
    G
    RFA - 1
    $1,350,000$1,350,000
    LD
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the San Jose Sharks
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 14 at 7:40 p.m.
    Kyle from Chicago
    Chicago cannot acquire Jake McCabe while retaining half of his salary, but with that being the case I would absolutely take him back for a 3rd. Also, I hope the leafs trade him so that that 2025 first becomes higher! McCabe makes you better.
    FoxYou727, Hawksguy81 and Garak liked this.
    May 14 at 7:49 p.m.
    Hehehe no
    Don't want either player
    May 14 at 8:19 p.m.
    Once a Kings Fan Too
    Logan Thompson had equivalent figures to Joseph Woll in twice as many games and much better stats than Ilya Samsonov. Why would Las Vegas give you a starting goalie for just a $2.1 million bottom-6 forward and a dart throw?

Nobody's giving you a fourth for Conor Timmins.
    VGKNation702 liked this.
    May 14 at 8:25 p.m.
    Why would Isles take on tree cap-dumps for free for the small prize of 10 $M???
    May 14 at 8:29 p.m.
    VGKNation702
    Quoting: OldNYIfan
    Logan Thompson had equivalent figures to Joseph Woll in twice as many games and much better stats than Ilya Samsonov. Why would Las Vegas give you a starting goalie for just a $2.1 million bottom-6 forward and a dart throw?

We’re not moving LT. literally can’t get a cheaper roster player. Idk why leafs fans don’t get this lol
    OldNYIfan liked this.
    May 14 at 8:58 p.m.
    Quoting: Kyle_Davidson
    Chicago cannot acquire Jake McCabe while retaining half of his salary, but with that being the case I would absolutely take him back for a 3rd. Also, I hope the leafs trade him so that that 2025 first becomes higher! McCabe makes you better.

LOL. Someone hasn't read the CBA
    Garak liked this.
    May 14 at 9:05 p.m.

CHI could absolutely re-acquire McCabe. The only stipulation is we would have to wait one year from the initial trade, and we are way past one year now.
    Kyle_Davidson and PaulKorea liked this.
    May 14 at 9:56 p.m.
    Kyle from Chicago
    Quoting: Garak
    CHI could absolutely re-acquire McCabe. The only stipulation is we would have to wait one year from the initial trade, and we are way past one year now.

Interesting. No way Toronto would give him up though…
    Garak and PaulKorea liked this.
    May 14 at 9:56 p.m.
    Kyle from Chicago
    Quoting: fangm
    LOL. Someone hasn't read the CBA

Has anyone on this cite… actually read the CBA? Like in its entirety?
    Garak and PaulKorea liked this.
    May 14 at 10:12 p.m.
    Who would have thought that all the superstars on the leaf roster would be worth so much league wide

Press box timmons for a 4th
    LTIRobertson and lillibust for a 2nd and RD
    Jarnkrok for a starting goalie
    3 cap dumps for any player who can actually play
    OldNYIfan liked this.
    May 14 at 10:14 p.m.
    Has anyone on this cite… actually read the CBA? Like in its entirety?

Maybe I'm alone lol.

You can reacquire McCabe; you just couldn't do it within 12 months of the original trade.

Actually since you are the only team retaining salary, if you reacquired him you would actually get your salary retention slot back.

It can create some unique scenarios. Like when Kessel was at $8M and Toronto retained $1.2M so Pit had him at $6.8M. When Pit traded him the most they could retain was $3.4M so any team acquiring him would need that much cap. BUT if they traded him to Toronto, he would be back at $8M with no retention, so Toronto could retain $4M, a third team could retain $2M and an acquiring team could get him for $2M.

It's weird but in short you can get McCabe back. Although if Tre decided to trade him for a 3rd I'm not sure he'd be around long enough to finish the trade call.
    Kyle_Davidson liked this.
    May 14 at 11:53 p.m.

Good point, I'm just doing this for the math of seeing how moving certain players works. I would gladly trade him to any other team not on his NTC list.
    May 14 at 11:55 p.m.
    Quoting: FoxYou727
    Hehehe no
    Don't want either player

Would you take Tavares if he his cap hit was 4 AAV instead of 8? I'm not sure how to do 3-way trades but the idea is for the Leafs to retain 25% (2.75 AAV), trade him to a team like Chicago (or Anaheim) who will retain 50% of the remaining 8.125 thus leaving Tavares with a cap hit of 4.05 for a team like the Islanders or the Sabres or any other team that he would accept a trade to.

Kampf and the draft pick would go to the 2nd team retaining salary, not the Islanders.
    May 14 at 11:56 p.m.
    Quoting: Rare_Jewel
    Would you take Tavares if he his cap hit was 4 AAV instead of 8? I'm not sure how to do 3-way trades but the idea is for the Leafs to retain 25% (2.75 AAV), trade him to a team like Chicago (or Anaheim) who will retain 50% of the remaining 8.125 thus leaving Tavares with a cap hit of 4.05 for a team like the Islanders or the Sabres or any other team that he would accept a trade to.

Kampf and the draft pick would go to the 2nd team retaining salary, not the Islanders.

I just don't want him back in general
    May 14 at 11:57 p.m.
    Quoting: OldNYIfan

Because they won a Cup with Hill and went back to him again in the playoffs. Back-up goalies usually don't have much trade value. What is Thompson worth in your books?
    May 14 at 11:58 p.m.
    I just don't want him back in general

Okay but your GM might if he costs 300K in real dollars (after his signing bonus, his salary is next to nothing). He could still score 25 goals and 60 points and he's an elite FO winning center. If it wasn't for his cap hit, I'd want to keep him or acquire him. Tavares at 4 AAV is actually a steal. A lot of teams would be interested if he was willing to move his NMC.
    May 15 at 12:06 a.m.
    Edited May 15 at 12:21 a.m.
    Quoting: VGKNation702
    We’re not moving LT. literally can’t get a cheaper roster player. Idk why leafs fans don’t get this lol

Quoting: vols94
    Who would have thought that all the superstars on the leaf roster would be worth so much league wide

Press box timmons for a 4th
    LTIRobertson and lillibust for a 2nd and RD
    Jarnkrok for a starting goalie
    3 cap dumps for any player who can actually play

Timmins was originally acquired for a prospect who was a 4th round pick. They could literally get a 7th for him, I don't care. I want his salary off the books.

Robertson and Liljegren have medium potential to a rebuilding team like San Jose, who will lose Rutta as a UFA next year anyway. A California kid with a RHD returning the other way is not a horrible price to pay for essentially a 3rd pair rental RHD like Rutta.

Jarnkrok for a back-up goalie. Again, not a crazy price to pay considering the goalie market is usually weak.

What is a "fair" price for Thompson? Or Hill?

The "cap dumps" is supposed to be a 3-way trade that I haven't figured out how to do on this site but essentially the Leafs would trade Tavares to a 2nd team before he lands in whatever city he approves and that 2nd team would take a chunk of his salary, most likely a cap floor team like Chicago did last year with the Perry and Foligno contracts. Perhaps Anaheim would consider it instead?
    May 15 at 12:13 a.m.
    VGKNation702
    Jarnkrok for a back-up goalie. Again, not a crazy price to pay considering the goalie market is usually weak.What is a "fair" price for Thompson? Or Hill??

But he’s not a backup goalie, you’re instantly making him your starter. He’s been to an all star game.

I really don’t think there’s a legit good price for LT because of his cap hit. I could see Hill being moved. Price is what teams are willing to pay. I think a 2nd isn’t out of the question
    May 15 at 12:16 a.m.
    Quoting: VGKNation702
    But he’s not a backup goalie, you’re instantly making him your starter. He’s been to an all star game.

I really don’t think there’s a legit good price for LT because of his cap hit. I could see Hill being moved. Price is what teams are willing to pay. I think a 2nd isn’t out of the question

He didn't win the Cup, Hill did. And Hill took over by the end of the series against Dallas. If Thompson wasn't the back-up, he became one in the past two seasons for one reason or another.

I'd also consider him a 1A with the Leafs because Woll has an injury history. Ideally, you'd split them 41 games each even if they both stay healthy. Unless one plays out of this world obviously.

I'd take Hill but I figured he'd be retained because he won a Cup and usually teams keep that guy and trade the other one.

I'd take Hill for a 2nd or Thompson. Just a matter of creating the cap space for Hill however.

Jarnkrok feels like the type of player Vegas likes. Fast, cheap, can play anywhere. I like him but feel we need to go in a different direction. But he's a good player for this type of a swap.
    May 15 at 12:28 a.m.

McCabe is not a good LHD for what the Leafs need. For the first time in a long time, he stayed healthy and had an okay season. He overachieved. I would sell on him at his peak value and replace him with a better defenseman.

I think as others mentioned, he can go back to Chicago if it's been more than 1 year since he was acquired. So if Chicago wants him and he wants to go there, I'd happily send him there and replace him with somebody else before he gets hurt again or goes back to playing like crap like he did last season.
    May 15 at 1:00 a.m.
    Okay but your GM might if he costs 300K in real dollars (after his signing bonus, his salary is next to nothing). He could still score 25 goals and 60 points and he's an elite FO winning center. If it wasn't for his cap hit, I'd want to keep him or acquire him. Tavares at 4 AAV is actually a steal. A lot of teams would be interested if he was willing to move his NMC.

True but I want nothing to do with him like ever again
    May 15 at 1:45 a.m.
    Edited May 15 at 1:58 a.m.
    True but I want nothing to do with him like ever again

Totally get that however I don't think Lou would see it that way. If I were in your shoes, I'd be mad at him for leaving too but also acknowledge it was a blessing in disguise. His contract was a curse for the Leafs but if he came back at 4 AAV, I'd be alright with it.

The Islanders don't have much cap space and they struggled scoring on the PP and scoring goals in general. If the Islanders added 25-30 goals, they'd be in the top 10 in goals for with one trade. They could use him as a LW or a C and both would work.

If that only costs you a 1.5 AAV increase in cap space and a 4th line C pending UFA, they would strongly consider it because it's a good hockey move and a lot of teams would take him at that cost.
    FoxYou727 liked this.
    May 15 at 2:04 a.m.
    Totally get that however I don't think Lou would see it that way. If I were in your shoes, I'd be mad at him for leaving too but also acknowledge it was a blessing in disguise. His contract was a curse for the Leafs but if he came back at 4 AAV, I'd be alright with it.

The Islanders don't have much cap space and they struggled scoring on the PP and scoring goals in general. If the Islanders added 25-30 goals, they'd be in the top 10 in goals for with one trade. They could use him as a LW or a C and both would work.

If that only costs you a 1.5 AAV increase in cap space and a 4th line C pending UFA, they would strongly consider it because it's a good hockey move and a lot of teams would take him at that cost.

I agree it'd make them a better team

Tavares-Horvat-Barzal would be real 1st line but JT isn't going to give up being the captain of the team he grew up watching
    May 15 at 2:41 a.m.
    Edited May 15 at 3:36 a.m.
    I agree it'd make them a better team

Tavares-Horvat-Barzal would be real 1st line but JT isn't going to give up being the captain of the team he grew up watching

That's up to management to tell him his time is up in Toronto. They gave him everything he wanted for 6 years and now it's time to move on. If they tell him he won't be back after this contract is over, he's getting a head start on where he's going for the last years of his career. Or, alternatively, ask him to take a 1 year break and come back at half the price down the road. Whatever it takes to clear his cap hit and reset.
    May 15 at 8:05 a.m.
    Interesting. No way Toronto would give him up though…

For sure. TOR fans love scapegoating players, but the reality is that McCabe has been fantastic for them and they aren't gonna find more value than him with that $2M.
    Kyle_Davidson liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll