TBL
  1. 2024 4th round pick (ANA)
TBL
    FC, Any team will work here though.
    CHI
    1. Sheary, Conor
    2. 2025 4th round pick (EDM)
    TBL
    1. Buchnevich, Pavel ($2,900,000 retained)
    STL
    1. Finley, Jack
    2. 2024 1st round pick (BUF)
    3. 2025 3rd round pick (TBL)
    4. 2026 4th round pick (TBL)
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the ARI
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$87,700,000$87,599,167$0$137,500$100,833
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    LW
    UFA - 8
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    C, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $7,000,000$7,000,000
    LW, C
    UFA
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    C, LW
    UFA
    Logo of the St. Louis Blues
    $2,900,000$2,900,000
    LW, RW, C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
    $886,667$886,667
    C, LW
    RFA - 3
    $3,150,000$3,150,000
    C, LW
    NTC
    UFA - 5
    $800,000$800,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $800,000$800,000
    LW
    RFA
    $800,000$800,000
    C, RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $900,000$900,000
    LW, RW
    UFA
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $7,875,000$7,875,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    RD
    UFA
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $8,500,000$8,500,000
    LD/RD
    NTC
    UFA - 7
    $5,200,000$5,200,000
    RD
    NTC
    UFA - 7
    $775,000$775,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $870,000$870,000 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
    LD
    RFA - 1
    $975,000$975,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $800,000$800,000
    RW
    UFA - 2
    $867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
    RD
    RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 10 at 8:11 p.m.
    That's a trade worthy of serious consideration. Cirelli is an ideal center to add to the Sabres and Jeannot adds that edge in the bottom six.

I'm in

Edit: if Buffalo could land Stephenson on those terms, scrap the Cirelli trade and keep Kulich + the 11th overall.
    JTBF81 liked this.
    May 10 at 8:15 p.m.
    Quoting: Boos
    That's a trade worthy of serious consideration. Cirelli is an ideal center to add to the Sabres and Jeannot adds that edge in the bottom six.

I'm in

Yeah, the only question was whether I thought Tampa would be interested more in Kulich or Savoie as the prospect. I think they would go for Kulich because he may be closer to NHL ready and he probably fits their style a little more. I could see either being in the deal though.
    May 10 at 9:09 p.m.
    Sabres fan
    Pass on Cirelli if he’s going to cost anywhere near that much. He is a $6 million third line Center who scores 40-50 pts a year, and if he came to Buffalo, he’d be lucky to get 30 points. I like Jeannot, but he’s a cap dump for Tampa here. But we all knew he’d never be worth what they gave up for him. This would go down as one of the worst trades in the last 20 years.
    Anti_Analytics liked this.
    May 10 at 10:04 p.m.
    Quoting: Tjm220
    Pass on Cirelli if he’s going to cost anywhere near that much. He is a $6 million third line Center who scores 40-50 pts a year, and if he came to Buffalo, he’d be lucky to get 30 points. I like Jeannot, but he’s a cap dump for Tampa here. But we all knew he’d never be worth what they gave up for him. This would go down as one of the worst trades in the last 20 years.

Except Cirelli is a 2C with great defensive play. Ppl who only see his point totals don't watch him much in my experience. Tampa doesn't need and doesn't really want to move him anyway, so the only way they would is if they get a very good deal that improves their roster either through acquiring a top 4 RD with term in the trade, the assets from the trade, or the space gained from the trade. The 11th pick this year in a weak draft may have a 35-40% chance of ever being a regular NHL contributor, and Kulich does look like a probabale regular. Tampa probably doesn't move him, but this kind of deal gets them at least thinking. Lol at your "worst trade in the last 20 years", as that was either one of the best or worst jokes of the day, hard to tell.
    May 10 at 11:31 p.m.
    Sabres fan
    Quoting: JTBF81
    Except Cirelli is a 2C with great defensive play. Ppl who only see his point totals don't watch him much in my experience. Tampa doesn't need and doesn't really want to move him anyway, so the only way they would is if they get a very good deal that improves their roster either through acquiring a top 4 RD with term in the trade, the assets from the trade, or the space gained from the trade. The 11th pick this year in a weak draft may have a 35-40% chance of ever being a regular NHL contributor, and Kulich does look like a probabale regular. Tampa probably doesn't move him, but this kind of deal gets them at least thinking. Lol at your "worst trade in the last 20 years", as that was either one of the best or worst jokes of the day, hard to tell.

Well, speaking as a Sabres fan they already have Thompson and Cozens as their top two Centers. Both of them make $7 million a year. Even if you’re going to use Cirelli as a number two center it means one of them is a $7 million third line Center. Not exactly a great use of capital. The third line guy who doesn’t get a lot of power play time will not see much in his numbers. Even if he’s getting Selke votes, if he’s only putting up 30 to 40 points, it’ll be hard to justify paying that much unless the cap goes up to $100 million. I’m not saying it’s right, but there were fans who got on Michael Peca‘s case while he was here for not putting up bigger numbers. And that’s the type of player we really need, a physical face off winner. I see Cirelli as a more skilled speed guy, like Most of Tampa’s roster. But he doesn’t put up the numbers that the other guys do. Probably because he’s doing all the dirty work they aren’t.

But you’re right Tampa probably has no plans of trading him anyway. And this trade is much like all the proposals around here revolving around Brady Tkachuk. There is an in-division trade penalty where teams expect more than a good player is probably worth because they have to play against him more. The Sabres would be better off looking for a third line Center From a team not in our division, that they can get for a better price than the premium an in division trade would cost.

I disagree with your assessment of both the 11th overall pick and Kulich. This year‘s draft may not be as loaded as last year, but I would have to think the first 20 players are all NHL players unless something happens to them. Kulich is a small, skill player with a great shot. He probably needs to get a little bigger just to be able to defend himself at the NHL level, but the kid is barely 20 years old. Talent like his would probably thrive in Tampa if we traded him there.
    May 11 at 12:49 a.m.
    Well, speaking as a Sabres fan they already have Thompson and Cozens as their top two Centers. Both of them make $7 million a year. Even if you’re going to use Cirelli as a number two center it means one of them is a $7 million third line Center. Not exactly a great use of capital. The third line guy who doesn’t get a lot of power play time will not see much in his numbers. Even if he’s getting Selke votes, if he’s only putting up 30 to 40 points, it’ll be hard to justify paying that much unless the cap goes up to $100 million. I’m not saying it’s right, but there were fans who got on Michael Peca‘s case while he was here for not putting up bigger numbers. And that’s the type of player we really need, a physical face off winner. I see Cirelli as a more skilled speed guy, like Most of Tampa’s roster. But he doesn’t put up the numbers that the other guys do. Probably because he’s doing all the dirty work they aren’t.

But you’re right Tampa probably has no plans of trading him anyway. And this trade is much like all the proposals around here revolving around Brady Tkachuk. There is an in-division trade penalty where teams expect more than a good player is probably worth because they have to play against him more. The Sabres would be better off looking for a third line Center From a team not in our division, that they can get for a better price than the premium an in division trade would cost.

I disagree with your assessment of both the 11th overall pick and Kulich. This year‘s draft may not be as loaded as last year, but I would have to think the first 20 players are all NHL players unless something happens to them. Kulich is a small, skill player with a great shot. He probably needs to get a little bigger just to be able to defend himself at the NHL level, but the kid is barely 20 years old. Talent like his would probably thrive in Tampa if we traded him there.

Granted I'm not as familiar with Sabre prospects, but Kulich seems like the guy that Tampa would target if they were moving a big piece. He seems close to NHL ready, plays a solid 2 way game, and thought he had a little size. As far as the 11oa, they sometimes make it, but it's definitely not a lock. The player is also likely several years away, which is why if Tampa did trade for a pick in that range, given I believe they are still trying to compete, would likely be used in another trade to add a big name Dman or F. I think it's something like 7 or 8 of the last 20 #11 picks either made the league or seem to be trending in that direction, so it's definitely a gamble(especially in a less strong draft class). I've had more than a few Buffalo fans offer the 1st+lesser piece for Cirelli, so I upped the price given Tampa doesn't have to move him and it would be a division rival. I suppose if Tampa had another deal in place ready to go where they used thec1dt+whatever to add a top 4 dman or slightly cheaper top 6 F, then maybe. Without the 1st though, I doubt Tampa considers any offer unless a high level prospect is involved perhaps.
    May 14 at 1:22 p.m.
    Banned

YEP !
    Good post
    May 14 at 3:23 p.m.
    Quoting: Anti_Analytics
    YEP !
    Good post

Lol, thanks for some more insightful analysis...the post is incorrect ad Cirelli is a 2C and closer to a 50 point player than 30, even on Buffalo. Keep trolling though!

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll