SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Not my trade - read 1st comment before going off

Created by: Jeff902
Published: May 15 at 9:36 a.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 42/192 (22%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Xhekaj, ArberWaivers ExemptMontreal CanadiensNHL-$828,333011---443710--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNJD)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$8,331,66723466851016
Change$828,333-1-1-1100
Final$9,160,000 (↑)22 (↓)45 (↓)67 (↓)6 (↑)1016-3-7-10

Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNew Jersey Devils

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNJD)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Xhekaj, ArberWaivers ExemptMontreal CanadiensNHL-$828,333011---443710--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$11,955,0002246643611
Change-$828,333111-100
Final$11,126,667 (↓)23 (↑)47 (↑)65 (↑)2 (↓)6113710
Who accepts this?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

May 15 at 9:36 a.m.
To be 100% clear, I am not proposing this. I saw it on a few message boards.
It is reported that NJ's pick is up for trade, and was suggested they needed more depth and toughness on the back end, and this proposal made it out to the talking head pages.
I know NJ fans will say not likely, and some Habs fans will say that Wifi is not for sale.
I like Wifi, but the plethora of young depth on the LD means someone will have to go (I say both Guhle and Hutson should not be considered). Neither Harris, nor Stuble will fetch 10 OA, honestly, depending on who is left on the board I am not sure Wifi gets the deal done without adding another piece.

Habs fans: If Ignila, Catton, or other A-prospects were somehow available at 10, would you be tempted to accept this?
NJ fans, and Habs haters: would more need to be added to this to get it over the line - what reasonable piece would you add?
May 15 at 9:43 a.m.
If some GM is crazy enough to offer a 1st for AX, then Montreal takes that and runs 100 out of 100 times.
iggy12rocks liked this.
May 15 at 9:47 a.m.
Quoting: Jeff902
It is reported that NJ's pick is up for trade, and was suggested they needed more depth and toughness on the back end, and this proposal made it out to the talking head pages.
I know NJ fans will say not likely, and some Habs fans will say that Wifi is not for sale.
I like Wifi, but the plethora of young depth on the LD means someone will have to go (I say both Guhle and Hutson should not be considered). Neither Harris, nor Stuble will fetch 10 OA, honestly, depending on who is left on the board I am not sure Wifi gets the deal done without adding another piece.

Habs fans: If Ignila, Catton, or other A-prospects were somehow available at 10, would you be tempted to accept this?
NJ fans, and Habs haters: would more need to be added to this to get it over the line - what reasonable piece would you add?

Personally, value aside, I would not do this because the same reason Wifi would be coveted elsewhere is exactly why he is coveted here.

I get that the 10OA player would more than likely have more tools in the toolbox but I'm not going to fill one hole while digging another.

The grit and toughness, while being a viable NHL defenseman is exactly what is needed for any perennial contender (which MTL is shaping up to become in the future).

Would I be tempted? Sure. Would I do it? Not likely.

I don't like the idea of moving what should be a staple on our backend that other teams must equate for in any game or series. Wifi is the kind of player that breaks down opponents physically on a regular basis, I'd also hate to have to go against him in any circumstance.

IF he were to get traded, I would hope he heads West where we'd only have to beat him in the SCF.
May 15 at 9:50 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Arber Xhekaj:

Cant kill penalties (that would leave dougie Hamilton killing)
Plays incredibly sheltered minutes (would make the lives of Luke Nemec Dougie and Siegs much harder.
Isn’t good at hockey.

Pass. Maybe for a 3rd as a 7th dman instead of MacDermid

Add Kaiden Guhle to get it over the finish line. A piece we’d actually move 10th overall for
Schuyler and iggy12rocks liked this.
May 15 at 9:58 a.m.
nobodys trade, Read this first:

no, the sherrif is not available to anyone for anything.

go fish
May 15 at 9:58 a.m.
Quoting: dgibb10
Arber Xhekaj:

Cant kill penalties (that would leave dougie Hamilton killing)
Plays incredibly sheltered minutes (would make the lives of Luke Nemec Dougie and Siegs much harder.
Isn’t good at hockey.

Pass. Maybe for a 3rd as a 7th dman instead of MacDermid

Add Kaiden Guhle to get it over the finish line. A piece we’d actually move 10th overall for

ghule MUCH more valuable than a 10th overall.
Jeff902 liked this.
May 15 at 9:59 a.m.
Quoting: Windjammer
If some GM is crazy enough to offer a 1st for AX, then Montreal takes that and runs 100 out of 100 times.

nope.

just recent articles point to your math being off by at least 2.
May 15 at 10:24 a.m.
I love Xhekaj and actually think he has a really high ceiling, but he hasn't yet made the impact it takes to say he's worth this high of a pick, especially in this draft.

If I'm Jersey, though, I consider giving my next year's first, top 8 protected for him. I'd actually make a play for the pair of Xhekajs.
May 15 at 10:42 a.m.
I think you would be on drugs not to take this as MTL, like Xhekaj brings grit and personality but 10th OA? You might be able to get a Catton, Sennecke or Eiserman with that pick and it could be a game changer for Montreal's top 6.

You could hopefully get something like without even needing to take away from any of the future top 4 defencemen:

5th OA-Suzuki-Salf
Caufield-Dach-10th OA
May 15 at 10:47 a.m.
Quoting: Jeff902

Problem is, no one is giving up a first for toughness and depth at this time of year. NJ will have plenty of opportunity to add that during FA season. As for additions to make it even, I don't think the Habs would be willing to give up any of the prospects / roster players that NJ would want.
I think at best NJ would give up a 4th rounder for Wifi
dgibb10 liked this.
May 15 at 10:49 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: my_name_is_Fil
ghule MUCH more valuable than a 10th overall.

Historically not really
Schuyler liked this.
May 15 at 10:51 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: Element23VM
I love Xhekaj and actually think he has a really high ceiling, but he hasn't yet made the impact it takes to say he's worth this high of a pick, especially in this draft.

If I'm Jersey, though, I consider giving my next year's first, top 8 protected for him. I'd actually make a play for the pair of Xhekajs.

He’s 23 years old, incredibly limited, and has never shown anything at any level to suggest he has some new level to unlock in the NHL. Kevin Bahl has more upside
Schuyler liked this.
May 15 at 3:51 p.m.
He’s 23 years old, incredibly limited, and has never shown anything at any level to suggest he has some new level to unlock in the NHL. Kevin Bahl has more upside

I've watched him play over 60 times. I'm sorry you have a prejudice against this player. I've also watched Kevin Bahl play quite a bit, too... and Bahl is nothing but a 4-5 and won't ever be anything more than that. He can't play against good players, and his hockey IQ, offense and defense, is low. And he's 6'6 but plays like he's 6'1.
Just_A_Guess liked this.
May 15 at 3:54 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
I've watched him play over 60 times. I'm sorry you have a prejudice against this player.

He objectively plays among the easiest matchups in the NHL.

He is objectively one of the least disciplined player in the NHL.

He objectively has bad results when on the ice.

It’s cool that he fights, but all the negatives vastly outweigh that.

He will constantly put you on the PK.
He is unable to contribute on either special teams unit.
He forces you to give your other dmen much harder roles.
He isn’t good at hockey
May 15 at 3:56 p.m.
He objectively plays among the easiest matchups in the NHL.

He is objectively one of the least disciplined player in the NHL.

He objectively has bad results when on the ice.

It’s cool that he fights, but all the negatives vastly outweigh that.

He will constantly put you on the PK.
He is unable to contribute on either special teams unit.
He forces you to give your other dmen much harder roles.
He isn’t good at hockey

Yes, your ability to cherry pick stats is fantastic...

And some of the stuff you say isn't even true... you're just talking out your ass.
Just_A_Guess liked this.
May 15 at 5:11 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Yes, your ability to cherry pick stats is fantastic...

And some of the stuff you say isn't even true... you're just talking out your ass.

To look at discipline: penalty differential. He also leads the league in minor penalties (NOT FIGHTING MAJORS)/60.
To look at QoC: % of time against elite competition. He's at about 17% over the last 2 years, near the bottom of the league.
To look at PK: he doesn't get PK time despite Montreal's PK ranking near the bottom of the league.

He is not a good hockey player.
May 15 at 8:53 p.m.
Lemay1998
Im a habs fan and I accept it right cuz i know xhekaj its a 6 7 def... im not a fan of him ! If thw trade Come true with the pick 5 i draft catton or lindstrom and with the devils pick i really hope to draft iginla or the best def

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit