Published: Apr. 28, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Accurate/Prorated
LTIR Enabled: Yes
Season Days: 192
Days Remaining: 192
Season Remaining: 100%
Projected Cap Hit Prior To Days Remaining Tooltip : $69,169,667
Description
I know every leaf fan wants to trade one of the core guys but they all have NTC. so taking that into account what are the problems with the following scenarios?
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$900,000
2$1,000,000
2$2,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$4,500,000
2$2,250,000
2$2,250,000
Trades
MTL
  1. 2024 1st round pick (TOR)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$87,700,000$87,313,000$0$0$387,000
Prorated Cap Hit

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$13,250,000$13,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
UFA
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LW
UFA
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
$11,500,000$11,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$900,000$900,000
LW, C
RFA
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Seattle Kraken
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$843,333$843,333
G
RFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD
UFA - 3
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RD
UFA
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 28 at 2:43 p.m.
Trade offer for Larsson doesn't really meet their needs so Seattle passes.
Mortarhead liked this.
Apr. 28 at 2:46 p.m.
It's not really about "hard hats", more so just passionate players. Our guys lack passion. When the camera pans to Montgomery talking to his players, they are engaged and eager to listen. Then, we pan to Keefe, and it's just dead air. Nobody cares. My dad and I are a pretty extreme Toronto household, and I literally told him 3 years ago that we'll never win a cup with this core. I still believe it.

Good players bleed for their teams. EK played through the entire playoffs with a broken foot, Bergeron played with a punctured lung, Bishop played with a torn groin, Thornton played with a torn ACL... hell.. Tkachuk was literally bed ridden after last years playoff run.

I'm not saying our guys have to play through bad injuries... but leaving the game due to an illness? Really? Jesus christ, man. Pop an advil cold & flu and get back on the ice.
And Marner whining and throwing his gloves. Hey man, you're invisible 80% of every game. That's on YOU.

Watching JT physically hurts cause the dude can't skate anymore, he's becoming more a liability each passing game.

Nylander is the only one who can drive the play in the playoffs and everyone wanted him gone last year. good god.

It's so pathetic. This core blows.
Mortarhead liked this.
Apr. 28 at 3:09 p.m.
RecycleShark
Too much for Savard.

Not enough for Larsson.
Mortarhead liked this.
Apr. 28 at 5:29 p.m.
Quoting: KrakBirds23
Trade offer for Larsson doesn't really meet their needs so Seattle passes.

what are their needs? arent they building through young players? honest question
Apr. 28 at 5:35 p.m.
Quoting: RecycleShark
Too much for Savard.

Not enough for Larsson.

a 1st was the asking price for savard this past deadline..what would our backend look like with him back there now if wed paid that price..i dont think the leafs are the best at picking and developing (I know Easton had a good junior year..I think until he makes the pros and actually contributes the jury is still out)..Savard is ampngst league leaders in blocks for a D and he fits our needs, can make the first pass, has a decent shot fron the point..everyone wants to find a gem at the flee market instead of goiong on amazon and findoing exactly what they need just because you pay full price..idk, maybe im wrong.
And what do you think the asking price for Larson would be?
Apr. 29 at 12:49 a.m.
Quoting: Mortarhead
what are their needs? arent they building through young players? honest question

Good question. RF traditionally builds teams through drafts. During his time in Carolina and now Seattle most of his deals are for draft picks and not prospects. The course for the team right now is get through the contracts from the expansion draft and find the star players organically rather than trading for them. Essential players (Eberle, McCann, Dunn) and RFA's without arbitration tend to be the focus at the moment. So the needs are draft picks and top RHD as they don't have a replacement on the team or on the farm. Most of the offers here have been for 2nd or 3rd pairing D's.

My guess is this off-season either Tanev or Gourde will be moved - Probably Tanev. And they will still look for a 3rd/4th line center (Bring back Wenneberg on a better team deal?) But I don't see them moving on from Larsson until they are eliminated from the playoffs, and Larsson can't be re-signed, at the trade dead line. Cost at that time will be a severe over pay from a team looking for a top end RHD.

Most of the offers from TML fans comes down to the undervalue of Larsson and over value of what they think could get it done. Asking Seattle to trade Larsson would be like Seattle asking for Riley in return for some of the guys on the Firebirds. Neither are close to what the teams need. Does Seattle need offense? Yes it does, but not at the cost of what the team is built around in defense. For that alone I don't think Toronto has available what Seattle would be looking for if they chose to move Larsson.
Mortarhead liked this.
Apr. 29 at 3:01 p.m.
Good question. RF traditionally builds teams through drafts. During his time in Carolina and now Seattle most of his deals are for draft picks and not prospects. The course for the team right now is get through the contracts from the expansion draft and find the star players organically rather than trading for them. Essential players (Eberle, McCann, Dunn) and RFA's without arbitration tend to be the focus at the moment. So the needs are draft picks and top RHD as they don't have a replacement on the team or on the farm. Most of the offers here have been for 2nd or 3rd pairing D's.

My guess is this off-season either Tanev or Gourde will be moved - Probably Tanev. And they will still look for a 3rd/4th line center (Bring back Wenneberg on a better team deal?) But I don't see them moving on from Larsson until they are eliminated from the playoffs, and Larsson can't be re-signed, at the trade dead line. Cost at that time will be a severe over pay from a team looking for a top end RHD.

Most of the offers from TML fans comes down to the undervalue of Larsson and over value of what they think could get it done. Asking Seattle to trade Larsson would be like Seattle asking for Riley in return for some of the guys on the Firebirds. Neither are close to what the teams need. Does Seattle need offense? Yes it does, but not at the cost of what the team is built around in defense. For that alone I don't think Toronto has available what Seattle would be looking for if they chose to move Larsson.

not that it matters but I would move Rielly.
Thanks for the thoughful response I love to learn about other markets
Apr. 29 at 3:10 p.m.
not that it matters but I would move Rielly.
Thanks for the thoughful response I love to learn about other markets

Of course. As do I. The difficult part with trading is getting the stuff lined up right. But I think for all teams in all sports getting the value right is the most difficult part. Both teams either have to feel like they won, or that they both lost, for it to be a fair trade.

And now with the coaching change in Seattle it will be interesting to see if RF changes his thought processes and opinions on trades.
Mortarhead liked this.
Apr. 29 at 3:37 p.m.
Of course. As do I. The difficult part with trading is getting the stuff lined up right. But I think for all teams in all sports getting the value right is the most difficult part. Both teams either have to feel like they won, or that they both lost, for it to be a fair trade.

And now with the coaching change in Seattle it will be interesting to see if RF changes his thought processes and opinions on trades.

whats the deal with Wright?
Apr. 29 at 4:40 p.m.
whats the deal with Wright?

He's been blocked the last two years from being a top 6 forward. His last call up after they traded Wennberg he got to play with some talent (Eberle and Schwartz) and put up 5 points in 5 games. He looked a lot more confident than in his time with the team last year (22/23) and his call up earlier this season. The 2C role is his to lose in the pre-season.
Mortarhead liked this.
Apr. 29 at 5:36 p.m.
He's been blocked the last two years from being a top 6 forward. His last call up after they traded Wennberg he got to play with some talent (Eberle and Schwartz) and put up 5 points in 5 games. He looked a lot more confident than in his time with the team last year (22/23) and his call up earlier this season. The 2C role is his to lose in the pre-season.

nice to hear..the league needs more top end talent, and less flops
looking forward to seeing him put up points in his bright career.
KrakBirds23 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll