SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Realistic

Realistic

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: caloterros
Published: Apr. 28 at 3:57 p.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the San Jose SharksSan Jose Sharks (1→1)
  2. Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksChicago Blackhawks (2→2)
Apr. 28 at 8:29 p.m.
Helenius is listed 8th on eliteprospect's consolidated ranking. Only one place lists him as low as you've put him, and several have him top 5. Curious as to why you think he'd be available at 16.
Apr. 28 at 10:41 p.m.
Quoting: Haymaker26
Helenius is listed 8th on eliteprospect's consolidated ranking. Only one place lists him as low as you've put him, and several have him top 5. Curious as to why you think he'd be available at 16.

each years playera falls. Elite prospect ranked wood 7 last year and fell to 15. Could also happen to helenius.
Apr. 29 at 12:21 a.m.
Quoting: drambui
each years playera falls. Elite prospect ranked wood 7 last year and fell to 15. Could also happen to helenius.

Wood and Helenius are 2 identical prospects indeed tears of joy
He’s going surely top 10, possibly top 5.
Apr. 29 at 12:46 a.m.
Quoting: Jobob77

Why would you think they are identical?

from what i understand there is about 12 guys in this that are guaranted to go top 10. you do the math.

each year players falls. each year people act like it never happens and they dont learn.
Apr. 29 at 8:00 a.m.
Flyers

I dont think he gets past Flyers if Iginla and Catton are both gone.
Apr. 29 at 10:15 a.m.

I was more asking along the lines you why you thought Helenius would be the guy to fall.
Apr. 30 at 12:53 a.m.
Why would you think they are identical?

from what i understand there is about 12 guys in this that are guaranted to go top 10. you do the math.

each year players falls. each year people act like it never happens and they dont learn.

They are complete opposite players. Helenius is a fast,slighly smaller than average, 2-way, hard-working playmaker. Wood is a big, slow, unidimensional, sniper. The projection that Helenius will fall is as relevant as saying that Levshunov is going to fall. It is based on absolutely nothing.

They have basically nothing in common. A good indicator that a player will go higher than projected is when every fan base from 10-13 want a specific player. It was the case for Reinbacher last year with STL, VAN, etc. It is happening with Helenius with NJ, PHI, MIN. Helenius will not wait long on draft day.
Apr. 30 at 12:56 a.m.
Quoting: Renegade_H
I dont think he gets past Flyers if Iginla and Catton are both gone.

I don’t he’ll get past MTL if they stay at 5-6.
Apr. 30 at 9:10 a.m.
They are complete opposite players. Helenius is a fast,slighly smaller than average, 2-way, hard-working playmaker. Wood is a big, slow, unidimensional, sniper. The projection that Helenius will fall is as relevant as saying that Levshunov is going to fall. It is based on absolutely nothing.

They have basically nothing in common. A good indicator that a player will go higher than projected is when every fan base from 10-13 want a specific player. It was the case for Reinbacher last year with STL, VAN, etc. It is happening with Helenius with NJ, PHI, MIN. Helenius will not wait long on draft day.

i never said they are the same players, im not even comparing them. the only thing im comparing is their rank from a list.

im just saying its not a good argument to say a specific list has him at a position, because its just a list and wont predict the future and showed a exemple.of.last year that that list got wrong.

if it was so easy to predict who falls, draft list would predict it too. but just so its clear im not defending the idea of helenius falling. im just saying someone from the top rank will, it could be him.
Apr. 30 at 9:11 a.m.
Quoting: Haymaker26
I was more asking along the lines you why you thought Helenius would be the guy to fall.

oh i misread sorry!

specifly him, that i cant say, not my list!
Apr. 30 at 3:06 p.m.
i never said they are the same players, im not even comparing them. the only thing im comparing is their rank from a list.

im just saying its not a good argument to say a specific list has him at a position, because its just a list and wont predict the future and showed a exemple.of.last year that that list got wrong.

if it was so easy to predict who falls, draft list would predict it too. but just so its clear im not defending the idea of helenius falling. im just saying someone from the top rank will, it could be him.

It is fairely easy to predict which prospect will fall. A prospect that is slow, undersized, not working hard and/or have a bad attitude will fall. Don’t see Helenius fit in one of these categories.
Apr. 30 at 10:05 p.m.
It is fairely easy to predict which prospect will fall. A prospect that is slow, undersized, not working hard and/or have a bad attitude will fall. Don’t see Helenius fit in one of these categories.

so who do you think drops from the elite prospect ranking this year since its not that hard to know?
Apr. 30 at 11:25 p.m.
Will potentially go lower than expected by most public scouts:
Catton (Size)
Greentree (Skating)
Iginla (Skating)
Parekh (Inconsistent effort level and concentration)
Buium (Size)

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll