SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

My top 32 Rank (Not Draft) Give opinions thanks

My top 32 Rank (Not Draft) Give opinions thanks

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: SevenHarryAllen
Published: May 16 at 7:51 a.m.
May 16 at 9:28 a.m.
I have said this on a few other mock draft threads, there is no way Eiserman falls to 17. Someone will take him in the top 10.

I know it's a ranking, but he's not 17th.
May 16 at 10:19 a.m.
Quoting: BillytheKid3
I have said this on a few other mock draft threads, there is no way Eiserman falls to 17. Someone will take him in the top 10.

I know it's a ranking, but he's not 17th.

I got flamed for saying this exact same thing yesterday
BillytheKid3 liked this.
May 16 at 10:48 a.m.
Freij at #10 would be a surprise. I know Will Scouch has him in his top-5, so I watched him some at u18s and I left thinking, “Leo Sahlin Wallenius is far better on both sides of puck” (LSW was also on ice for 29 minutes a game, by far the most at the tournament). My point is, if someone is going to reach for Swedish dman, I do not think it will be Freij.
May 16 at 11:55 a.m.
Quoting: BDHockey
I got flamed for saying this exact same thing yesterday

Ya guys see Pronmans rankings and think teams will just straight go by that. I've been debating [arguing] a few Caps fans about this.

My comment recycled from another thread below:

"I know we're all armchair analysts here, and you're mock draft is very interesting. That kid is one of the purest goal scorers I've ever seen.

Keep in mind, Eiserman is a basically a September 06 (Aug 29th) so he's one of the youngest players in this draft. I could only imagine what another 8 months to a year could do. Someone graabs the kid in the top 10."
BDHockey liked this.
May 16 at 3:27 p.m.
Ya guys see Pronmans rankings and think teams will just straight go by that. I've been debating [arguing] a few Caps fans about this.

My comment recycled from another thread below:

"I know we're all armchair analysts here, and you're mock draft is very interesting. That kid is one of the purest goal scorers I've ever seen.

Keep in mind, Eiserman is a basically a September 06 (Aug 29th) so he's one of the youngest players in this draft. I could only imagine what another 8 months to a year could do. Someone graabs the kid in the top 10."

I will say, everyone gave into my logic on the other post.

For a shortened version here:

Eiserman has the talent for his offensive ability but he is not a complete player and is a ways off from being NHL ready. Needs probably another 2 years of development.

Here is the point I made. Look back to the 2018 draft and look at the hype around Filip Zadina. He was seen as the same type of prospect, a massive offensive threat that had his shot going for him. Teams passed on him because he was not a complete player and I am sure Detroit wishes they could go back and pass on him as well. Not saying Eiserman will pan out the same way, but that is the type of risk you take with this kind of player.
May 16 at 3:49 p.m.
Quoting: Logicalicesports
I will say, everyone gave into my logic on the other post.

For a shortened version here:

Eiserman has the talent for his offensive ability but he is not a complete player and is a ways off from being NHL ready. Needs probably another 2 years of development.

Here is the point I made. Look back to the 2018 draft and look at the hype around Filip Zadina. He was seen as the same type of prospect, a massive offensive threat that had his shot going for him. Teams passed on him because he was not a complete player and I am sure Detroit wishes they could go back and pass on him as well. Not saying Eiserman will pan out the same way, but that is the type of risk you take with this kind of player.

That's not... that's not really the argument I'm making here. Most of the guys in the top 17 will need a year or 2 of development also so that point is irrelevant.

My argument is he's on the younger side of the prospects (which does matter at that age) and that I don't think he falls all the way out of the top 10, and certainly not down to 17.

Every year every pick between like 7-50 can be a toss up because these are basically kids your picking from. Even late round guys develop well.

The kid broke the USNTDP record for goals in a season and he's like 6 months to a year younger than 95% of this draft class, I just don't think a team at like 10th passes that up because Zadina was a bust 7 years ago and some guy at The Athletic thinks he's a cherry picker.

I don't know, I could be wrong. I just don't want Ottawa to draft another bust tbh lol.
Logicalicesports liked this.
May 16 at 3:52 p.m.
That's not... that's not really the argument I'm making here. Most of the guys in the top 17 will need a year or 2 of development also so that point is irrelevant.

My argument is he's on the younger side of the prospects (which does matter at that age) and that I don't think he falls all the way out of the top 10, and certainly not down to 17.

Every year every pick between like 7-50 can be a toss up because these are basically kids your picking from. Even late round guys develop well.

The kid broke the USNTDP record for goals in a season and he's like 6 months to a year younger than 95% of this draft class, I just don't think a team at like 10th passes that up because Zadina was a bust 7 years ago and some guy at The Athletic thinks he's a cherry picker.

I don't know, I could be wrong. I just don't want Ottawa to draft another bust tbh lol.

Who are your busts? Boucher? Thompson? I don't think JBD is a bust. Maybe Colin White?
May 16 at 4:06 p.m.
Quoting: Logicalicesports
Who are your busts? Boucher? Thompson? I don't think JBD is a bust. Maybe Colin White?

In no particular order....

Matt Puempel, Curtis Lazar, Colin White, Logan Brown, Shane Bowers, Lassi Thomson, Tyler Boucher

There has been some winners of course.
Logicalicesports liked this.
May 16 at 4:43 p.m.
In no particular order....

Matt Puempel, Curtis Lazar, Colin White, Logan Brown, Shane Bowers, Lassi Thomson, Tyler Boucher

There has been some winners of course.

I mean Lazar isn't really that bad, and Thomson could have been developed a little better I feel. Boucher still has time but its not looking too great.

The Capitals have certainly had some poor picks along the years, but our problem is our GM was trading our firsts to try and win the cup, which we eventually finally did after actually not trading our 1st lmfao

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll