Apr 24, 2017
Posts per Day
<div class="quote"><div class="quote_t">Quoting: <b>Roviet_Sussia</b></div><div>Maatta wasn't my first choice, but he's not a younger Seabs (lol). Looking through his metrics the last 3 years, the only bad thing is the zone exit percentages (due to his lackluster skating). That's fixed by pairing him with somone like Gus or Joki who have beautiful zone exit percentages.
If Maatta was this expensive, then De Haan or Murray would've cost more (hence Bowman not pursuing those routes).
I think everyone falls victim to the echo chamber on this site, including myself; Maatta is a top-four defenseman that relies on an agile partner, of which we have plenty (the Penguins do not).</div></div>
Maata is a younger version of what Seabs has become; a stay at home defender who can't exit the zone, his transitions are horrible and is slooowwww. Like Seabs, if paired right, he can be decent and serviceable. The Hawks kept putting Seabs in the top 4 which is a mistake. Is Maata better then Seabs at this point, sure because of age, but he is too similar to Seabs.
<div class="quote"><div class="quote_t">Quoting: <b>Laudan</b></div><div>Deliberatelly overpaying.
1) Marner, if Matthews got 2M over what he should ( or 2y less in term for 11,6M ) why shouldnt Marner. EW has him 7 x 8,4M, and i can say the site is pretty much on the spot about 95% of contracts
2) Kadri, many threads by PHI, CGY, DAL fan bases where they are giving 1st ( one PHI even giving up Gostisbehere and the creator isnt some noob ), so any trade that brings 1st back to overpay Pesce with it
3) Pesce overpaid just to silence all the vultures always jumping on every TML thread upgrading D ( i admit mostly justified, ppl are offering Brown and 2nd for Pesce )</div></div>
1) Didn't comment on Marner. I think Marner is getting $10.5M give or take $250K.
2) Jankowski is worth more then a 4th. Kadi may be worth a late 1st on his own, but not with Jankowski coming back and a 4th doesn't make it even.
3) Pesce and Wallmark IMO would be Kap, 1st, and 2nd or 3rd but understand.