$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$4,250,000$4,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$900,000$900K)
RW, C
RFA - 2
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$12,500,000$12,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LW, C, RW
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$912,500$912,500 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD
UFA - 6
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$4,250,000$4,250,000
G
UFA - 2
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
LD
RFA - 2
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$962,500$962,500
G
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 17 at 3:35 p.m.
No
PaulKorea, Garak and Snowhawk18 liked this.
May 17 at 3:35 p.m.
Probably not. By the time the Hawks are competitive, Bedard is still in his early 20's and McDavid will have bolted at the first chance to be a UFA rather than waiting on the Hawk prospect pool to mature. Both players are in a good spot for where they currently are at.
May 17 at 3:48 p.m.
Nope. I love McDavid, but I'll take the player that's 8 years younger and making 11 million less.
Garak and Snowhawk18 liked this.
May 17 at 3:57 p.m.
exo2769
I hope each team enjoys their own player. These two teams can't be more opposite. Hawks clearly rebuilding. They're not in a place to be rushing that. EDM clearly trying to win a cup.
May 17 at 4:01 p.m.
I think you are going to get a "No" from most, if not all, Hawks fans, and anyone who says otherwise doesn't realize what they are talking about. No doubt, McDavid is F#$%ing amazing, but Age, cap hit, and control play a huge role in this debate. Bedsy is just getting started and we are in a rebuild. There is no reason for CHI to even consider something like this.
PaulKorea and Snowhawk18 liked this.
May 17 at 4:10 p.m.
Snowhawk
Both teams decline.
May 17 at 4:23 p.m.
exo2769
Quoting: klassic
No

Quoting: wojohawk
Probably not. By the time the Hawks are competitive, Bedard is still in his early 20's and McDavid will have bolted at the first chance to be a UFA rather than waiting on the Hawk prospect pool to mature. Both players are in a good spot for where they currently are at.

Quoting: PaulKorea
Nope. I love McDavid, but I'll take the player that's 8 years younger and making 11 million less.

Quoting: Garak
I think you are going to get a "No" from most, if not all, Hawks fans, and anyone who says otherwise doesn't realize what they are talking about. No doubt, McDavid is F#$%ing amazing, but Age, cap hit, and control play a huge role in this debate. Bedsy is just getting started and we are in a rebuild. There is no reason for CHI to even consider something like this.

Quoting: Snowhawk18
Both teams decline.

Curious to get you guys thoughts on a slightly different subject. Powers wrote an article in which Roman Kantserov (his interpreter really) mentions that St. Petersburg SKA doesn't appear to be all that willing to let Demidov go to the NHL. How would this...IF TRUE...factor into your draft decision at all?

"Unfortunately, there are some circumstances with St. Petersburg SKA. I would say they’re creating some hurdles for him to come to the NHL and to be selected in the draft. So hopefully it’s all going to be resolved and he get his chance to play in NHL."

link to article below
https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5493145/2024/05/15/blackhawks-roman-kantserov-nhl-khl/
Garak liked this.
May 17 at 4:58 p.m.
Snowhawk
Quoting: exo2769
Curious to get you guys thoughts on a slightly different subject. Powers wrote an article in which Roman Kantserov (his interpreter really) mentions that St. Petersburg SKA doesn't appear to be all that willing to let Demidov go to the NHL. How would this...IF TRUE...factor into your draft decision at all?

"Unfortunately, there are some circumstances with St. Petersburg SKA. I would say they’re creating some hurdles for him to come to the NHL and to be selected in the draft. So hopefully it’s all going to be resolved and he get his chance to play in NHL."

link to article below
https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5493145/2024/05/15/blackhawks-roman-kantserov-nhl-khl/

My preference would be to draft Levshunov. Great size, skater, offensively gifted. Needs work on his defensive game but then what young d-man doesn’t. Reports are his defensive game has already improved by leaps and bounds in his two years in NA. On top of that he is already in NA.

Demidov is apparently really talented but I have concerns about the level of competition he has faced, has not played KHL games to ease that concern. No international competition against his own age group for comparison purposes. The Hawks need to nail this pick, they need to get a key building block and foundational player for the next 10 -12 years (at least).
May 17 at 5:50 p.m.

link to article below

Yeah. I saw that too. I think what they mean is SKA could have some sway on whether he has to sign an extension. I don't think there is any question whether he will come to the NHL or not, though, there just might be a question of WHEN he will come. Extension or not, it doesn't really change my opinion of the player and I don't think it changes the timeline of the rebuild much, if at all. Honestly, it might even be best for him to get a couple years in the KHL before coming over. Simply put, it doesn't worry me personally. It might worry KD, though. Who knows.

I still very much have Lindstrom in the conversation, too. If some questions about his health can be answered at the combine and he performs well enough there, I don't see a reason why he shouldn't be a consideration at 2nd overall.
May 17 at 5:54 p.m.
Quoting: Snowhawk18
My preference would be to draft Levshunov. Great size, skater, offensively gifted. Needs work on his defensive game but then what young d-man doesn’t. Reports are his defensive game has already improved by leaps and bounds in his two years in NA. On top of that he is already in NA.

Demidov is apparently really talented but I have concerns about the level of competition he has faced, has not played KHL games to ease that concern. No international competition against his own age group for comparison purposes. The Hawks need to nail this pick, they need to get a key building block and foundational player for the next 10 -12 years (at least).

SKA is very particular about who they put on their KHL roster and very methodical about development. Think of the Blackhawks in the cup era, how many kids couldn't crack the lineup simply because they were kids, how many prospects were moved prematurely because they couldn't get ice time under Q. That is SKA. Michkov didn't get any time either, he essentially had to demand a loan to get KHL ice time. Also, Demidov won a spot on the KHL roster out of camp in the 22-23 season OVER Michkov.

KHL clubs are mostly run by oligarchs and the government. They run everything with an iron fist.
Snowhawk18 liked this.
May 17 at 7:21 p.m.
exo2769
Edited May 17 at 8:13 p.m.
Quoting: Garak
SKA is very particular about who they put on their KHL roster and very methodical about development. Think of the Blackhawks in the cup era, how many kids couldn't crack the lineup simply because they were kids, how many prospects were moved prematurely because they couldn't get ice time under Q. That is SKA. Michkov didn't get any time either, he essentially had to demand a loan to get KHL ice time. Also, Demidov won a spot on the KHL roster out of camp in the 22-23 season OVER Michkov.

KHL clubs are mostly run by oligarchs and the government. They run everything with an iron fist.

I don't follow the KHL super closely, but I thought I heard somewhere that the Michkov training camp stuff was trying to get Michkov to sign a longer term deal.
Garak and Snowhawk18 liked this.
May 17 at 7:32 p.m.
I don't follow the KHL supe4 closely, but I thought I heard somewhere that the Michkov training camp stuff was trying to get Michkov to sign a longer term deal.

Sounds speculative. But, who knows. Could have something to do with it. I pay attention as much as possible, but the games are so early here in the US and there aren't many english speaking resources for the KHL.
exo2769 and Snowhawk18 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll