SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Plausible enough

Plausible enough

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: NHLfan10506
Published: May 9 at 11:46 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Lock...no surprise here. But wait, there is more later.
2Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Belarusian chaos agent was among leaders at his position in shots, +/-, points, rushes, hits, time-on-ice, highlight reel plays...as freshman. Played PP, PK. Should be be lock here too.
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Buium would make the three youngest players from NCAA the top three picks. Elite Hockey IQ, sees ice well, skates well to defend...and was the most dangerous offensive dman 5v5 in NCAA (his 35 even strength points were top in NCAA).
4Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Russian wingers have become a bit of a specialty in CBus. Marchenko, Chinakhov, Voronkov, Dolzhenkov, and now Demidov.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-**FLA pick: Panther surprise. Bienvenidos a Miami, Tij. (Montreal trades the pick to Florida in Seth Jones-sized super-deal for Aaron Ekblad with 7 year extension).
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Sens throw a wrench into the system and take big, mobile athletic, RHD...headed to (where else) North Dakota. (2024 version of Moritz Seider pick)
8Logo of the Seattle Kraken-**SJS Pick: Celebrini and Eiserman were high school classmates, were scheduled to be come college teammates and will now share an NHL home. (SEA trades #8 to SJS for #14, #42, #116),
9Logo of the Calgary Flames-Conroy restocks the cupboard with future 1LD
10Logo of the New Jersey Devils-No brainer here
11Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Sabres got enough size on back-end
12Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-This seems like a fit if Lindstrom makes it this far. Health reports may be concerning...but the upside of Michkov and Lindstrom could be dangerous.
13Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Bill Guerin takes a winger whose been compared to, well, Bil Guerin.
14Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins**SEA pick: Ron Francis takes the discount and runs (see trade details at #8)
15Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-The fine print of the Yzerplan says keeping taking centers until they it works
16Logo of the St. Louis Blues-The aging blueline starts to look around the corner at Lindstein-Yak
17Logo of the Washington Capitals-**CGY Pick: Flames continue to rebuild back line (Caps send #17, Nick Jensen to Calgary for Yegor Sharangovich, #29)
18Logo of the New York Islanders-Lou makes his first 1st round pick in five years
19Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Las Vegas sphere, June 28th: a 350 foot Gary Bettman walks to stage, Dr. Nefario at his side, to announce Vegas has selected...a minion
20Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningIt's the kid's team now...Regina Pats reunion
21Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Helenii
22Logo of the Nashville Predators-Trotz gets Michigan-bound center
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Two-way Swede played 27 minutes a night at U18
24Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton OilersRussian-ball-of-hate measures at average size, but legs are tree trunks. One tough comrade.
25Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-I don't think they will be able to resist
26Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston BruinsPower forward had rough U18s, falls into Sens lap
27Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg JetsHabs use Jets pick...
28Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
Ilya Protas
Its the Analytics, man
29Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver Canucks**WAS Pick: Caps grab Boston College-bound 6'7" center (see trade above)
30Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida PanthersIf Lindstrom/Basha worked for Medicine Hat...
31Logo of the Dallas Stars-Last time they drafted a Boston University-bound goalie, it worked out well
32Logo of the New York Rangers-Hutson in the Hudson
May 10 at 12:04 a.m.
Emery at 7 would make me sick.
May 10 at 12:25 a.m.
Quoting: StutzlesNumber1Fan
Emery at 7 would make me sick.

Sick with Joy? He is a good player...with probably less risk in his game than other RD available at that point in draft.

I saw it a little like 2019 draft when Seider #6 shocked everyone.

Emery/Greentree is a good day
May 10 at 1:10 a.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Sick with Joy? He is a good player...with probably less risk in his game than other RD available at that point in draft.

I saw it a little like 2019 draft when Seider #6 shocked everyone.

Emery/Greentree is a good day

I won't lie I love Emery and would love Staios to draft him, but only if he makes it to 26. He had a very very good showing at the U18 tournament but with Eiserman, Dickinson and Lindstrom on the board I wouldn't be able to justify it.
NHLfan10506 liked this.
May 10 at 6:32 a.m.
Sennecke is a gem
Ekblad is probably not even worth a top 10 pick. That’s a pretty quick no for MTL, we’ll just draft Tij
KentMcNally liked this.
May 10 at 10:53 a.m.
Quoting: StutzlesNumber1Fan
I won't lie I love Emery and would love Staios to draft him, but only if he makes it to 26. He had a very very good showing at the U18 tournament but with Eiserman, Dickinson and Lindstrom on the board I wouldn't be able to justify it.

At #7 it is a jump. But I don’t think he makes it to #26. If I had to bet, he goes in 15-20 range…just when the draft will get interesting after a big drop-off.

In an ideal world, OTT could reposition to get two picks around 9-13 and grab a falling Lindstrom or Eiserman and a guy like Emery.
StutzlesNumber1Fan liked this.
May 10 at 10:55 a.m.
Quoting: Caufield
Ekblad is probably not even worth a top 10 pick. That’s a pretty quick no for MTL, we’ll just draft Tij

Boooo!!

This is a mock draft, trades cannot be accepted or declined here.

(Good thing I didn’t show the rest or the trade then)
Caufield liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll