Forums/Armchair-GM

Devils Fans What is the ask from Detroit for 10

Created by: rednwhite
Team: 2024-25 Detroit Red Wings
Initial Creation Date: May 13, 2024
Published: May 13, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Curious what the Devils would be looking for to move back from 10. Detroit could offer picks (15, plus) , prospects or roster players. Detroit desperately needs a high end skilled forward in their system. What is the ask, Devils fan?
Trades
DET
  1. 2024 1st round pick (NJD)
NJD
    What is the package to move up to 10?
    Buyouts
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the NJD
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DAL
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the NJD
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    14$87,500,000$59,526,807$0$850,000$27,973,193
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
    $7,875,000$7,875,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $8,700,000$8,700,000
    C
    NTC
    UFA - 7
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $5,625,000$5,625,000
    C, LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $3,200,000$3,200,000
    LW, C
    UFA - 4
    $5,100,000$5,100,000
    C, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LD
    RFA - 2
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $4,750,000$4,750,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $4,750,000$4,750,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $2,343,750$2,343,750
    RD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1
    $900,000$900,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 13 at 11:10 a.m.
    n.1 Topias Vilen fan
    Quoting: DanielSan92
    Not saying Catton would be a bad pick at 10, but another small forward that can be pushed around easily seems like a bad idea for NJD.

Catton is cracked and physicality is overrated
    Tintin liked this.
    May 13 at 11:11 a.m.
    Quoting: Schuyler
    That's why I said Detroit probably wouldn't do it but top 5 is a stretch I'd take any of the guys projected there over Edvinsson and the reason I say that is I think most of them would be full time NHLers 3 years in

How many are good bets to be top pairing 6’ 6” defensemen? Top 5, decent chance, but probably not as good a bet as Edvinsson right now.

Top 10 no way.
    May 13 at 11:11 a.m.
    Quoting: aedoran
    LOL!

9OA grabbed Cory Schneider who was one of the top goalies in the league at the time. Jersey isn’t moving it to Detroit unless Detroit can fill a gap the team has. NJ has no problem taking the best of what’s left if they can’t do that. They’ll end up with a better player than they’d have gotten in a trade. Nashville, Boston, and Minnesota among others would be above you in the trade queue because they can provide a goalie
    May 13 at 11:14 a.m.
    Quoting: NHLfan10506
    For #10 outright .... a great young player at position of need. Would probably be talking guys that are young NHLers...so other than Seider, Raymond, Larkin, I'd think anyone else.

To move up from #15 to #10....one or two holes filled (two-way 3C, defensive LD, heavy forechecking bottom-sizers, goalie). In terms of pick value, Puck Pedia says the gap between #10 and #15 is about equal to an early 2nd round pick. So maybe guys like Berggrem Wallinder, Buium, Veleno. People will say Cossa, Augustine...but we have young goalies....we need NHL-ready guys. So Husso perhaps.

Husso got injured in December, tried coming back in February, reinjured himself in his first game back, went to GR for conditioning and reinjured himself in warmups lol. Probably not the goalie you want to bet on.

As for Cossa and Augustine, no way either is added to a trade to move up five spots. They’re a different level of value from Veleno, Buium, etc.

Berggren, I could see, with the way we’ve continuously jerked him around.
    May 13 at 11:14 a.m.
    Quoting: pretzelcoatl
    Catton is cracked and physicality is overrated

Yeah physicality don’t mean ****, that’s why Dallas and Florida and New York are getting destroyed in these playoffs. 🤣
    May 13 at 11:18 a.m.
    Always take BPA who cares if he's small Tampa had 4 guys 6 foot or under in their top 6 during their runs

This is where I am as well. Give me a natural center that is smaller than getting a larger "center-ish" guy that probably ends up on wing. We have wings in the systems, centers are where we are limited. And hey, if we find a big 3C, Catton can always go to wing.
    Tintin liked this.
    May 13 at 11:25 a.m.
    Could see a deal where we trade #15, Veleno and a 3rd for #10. Had this discussion with a couple Jersey fans awhile back.
    May 13 at 11:25 a.m.
    Always take BPA who cares if he's small Tampa had 4 guys 6 foot or under in their top 6 during their runs

Which ones were drafted in the first round lol.
    aedoran liked this.
    May 13 at 11:34 a.m.
    Quoting: YeahDudeitsChris
    9OA grabbed Cory Schneider who was one of the top goalies in the league at the time. Jersey isn’t moving it to Detroit unless Detroit can fill a gap the team has. NJ has no problem taking the best of what’s left if they can’t do that. They’ll end up with a better player than they’d have gotten in a trade. Nashville, Boston, and Minnesota among others would be above you in the trade queue because they can provide a goalie

That was a different draft! The difference in talent for this draft between 10 - 15 is minuscule. You simply can't compare one draft to another in that manor. The talent level and team needs vary too much to make a comparison like that valid.
    May 13 at 11:42 a.m.
    Husso got injured in December, tried coming back in February, reinjured himself in his first game back, went to GR for conditioning and reinjured himself in warmups lol. Probably not the goalie you want to bet on.

As for Cossa and Augustine, no way either is added to a trade to move up five spots. They’re a different level of value from Veleno, Buium, etc.

Berggren, I could see, with the way we’ve continuously jerked him around.

I mentioned prospects goalies as guys we would not ask for...we have young goalies.

Berggren is probably not as much of a need.

So that leaves Buium, Veleno types...
    May 13 at 11:44 a.m.
    How many are good bets to be top pairing 6’ 6” defensemen? Top 5, decent chance, but probably not as good a bet as Edvinsson right now.

Top 10 no way.

Good bet is a stretch he's 21 huge and barely played in the NHL so far he's got monstrous potential but for those reasons I'm taking Silayev Demidov or Levshunov over him if you disagree though I get it you've seen more of him but I'm less biased so we will see and like I said Detroit shouldn't trade him for 10th
    May 13 at 11:45 a.m.
    Quoting: Lancebmx
    Could see a deal where we trade #15, Veleno and a 3rd for #10. Had this discussion with a couple Jersey fans awhile back.

Sounds like most realistic of any of the scenarios here.

(If Fitzy liked Veleno as 3C option...and there is not some unexpected faller in draft)
    May 13 at 11:46 a.m.
    Which ones were drafted in the first round lol.

Stamkos
    May 13 at 11:49 a.m.
    Sounds like most realistic of any of the scenarios here.

(If Fitzy liked Veleno as 3C option...and there is not some unexpected faller in draft)

He could be a potential 3C option for Jersey and it would make a bit of room for Kasper to take that spot if he earns it.
    May 13 at 11:50 a.m.
    #10 for Edvinsson

#10 for #15, Veleno, mid-pick

#10 for #47, Rasmussen

Are all types of deals NJD probably considers. I cannot speak for Detroit.
    May 13 at 12:07 p.m.
    #10 for Edvinsson

#10 for #15, Veleno, mid-pick

#10 for #47, Rasmussen

Are all types of deals NJD probably considers. I cannot speak for Detroit.

Edvinsson is obviously a no go, you know that.

Second deal might be worth it if they feel Kasper is ready.

Be tough to lose Ras but could be worth it if Catton is available. Saving #15 to draft MBN would be best case scenario if we lose Ras. MBN could be NHL ready in 2025 to replace him I think.
    May 13 at 12:15 p.m.
    Stamkos

Stamkos is 6'1" just so you know. But I agree with your post of BPA. Some teams will value size though.
    May 13 at 12:15 p.m.
    Edvinsson is obviously a no go, you know that.

Second deal might be worth it if they feel Kasper is ready.

Be tough to lose Ras but could be worth it if Catton is available. Saving #15 to draft MBN would be best case scenario if we lose Ras. MBN could be NHL ready in 2025 to replace him I think.

Not expecting Edvinsson to be going anywhere….but couldn’t think of anyone else fitting our needs, timeline and able to return that pick. I don’t think Walman gets it done. Wings aren’t moving any core young forwards. ASP maybe fits value wise…but neither the skillset nor the position are needs for NJD. Who am I forgetting?
    May 13 at 12:17 p.m.
    Good bet is a stretch he's 21 huge and barely played in the NHL so far he's got monstrous potential but for those reasons I'm taking Silayev Demidov or Levshunov over him if you disagree though I get it you've seen more of him but I'm less biased so we will see and like I said Detroit shouldn't trade him for 10th

He's barely played in the NHL because he was expected to be out until December and Yzerman oversigned defense because of it lol. He likely would've been in the NHL all year otherwise.

Not to mention Detroit is notorious for overcooking guys. Larkin and Raymond the only ones who have really bucked the trend in the last 15-20 years. Seider probably would've if not for COVID.
    May 13 at 12:18 p.m.
    I Love J Boqvist
    Not expecting Edvinsson to be going anywhere….but couldn’t think of anyone else fitting our needs, timeline and able to return that pick. I don’t think Walman gets it done. Wings aren’t moving any core young forwards. ASP maybe fits value wise…but neither the skillset nor the position are needs for NJD. Who am I forgetting?

Walman+15 for 10+small add would be something I think I’d do
    May 13 at 12:20 p.m.

Wallinder and Buium but they don't fit the timeline of ready now. Walman could be had I think. I don't believe he's a long term solution. We would need to find a replacement and that likely means overpaying in free agency. Walman and a second would be the offer but I don't think it's the best one. There is potential for a deal to be had I think. I don't hate Ras and #47. We would really need to push for someone like Joshua, Trenin or Carrier to replace him but it's doable. Chiarot would fit the mold of physical top 4 D but his contract might not be ideal and likely still need something added to it. Chiarot with some retention plus #47.
    rednwhite liked this.
    May 13 at 12:23 p.m.
    Quoting: dgibb10
    Walman+15 for 10+small add would be something I think I’d do

I think Walman + #15 is far too much for us. I'm not going to say Walman is super valuable but he has been playing top pair for the last two seasons and he has a very reasonable cap hit. I think he does get exposed a bit on the top pair as I feel he would be better suited for second pairing minutes, but he would be a pretty good second pair guy that can fill in top pair when needed.
    May 13 at 12:25 p.m.
    Stamkos is 6'1" just so you know. But I agree with your post of BPA. Some teams will value size though.

Stamkos is 6'1 like Hischier is 175 the NHL lies about players size
    Quoting: NJDevils1317
    Who are you hoping to draft at 10?

Really I am only not looking to trade if Iginla (who I figure goes at 9), Silayev, or Catton fall. If all three are gone,which is plausible, I'd be willing to trade down.

I'd imagine you'd have to love whoever was there at 10 to move up, but I'd assume it would be 15, 47, and probably 2025 2nd, with the Devils maybe kicking back a 3rd to even things out. I'm using https://puckpedia.com/pickvalue to approximate that value (I did 10 and 84 for 15, 47, 48 with 48 representing next year's 2nd)

I would like them to target Iginla, Catton or Eiserman at 10.
    Stamkos

6' 1"...

Stamkos is 6'1 like Hischier is 175 the NHL lies about players size

lolwut

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll