SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Weekly Updated Mock

Weekly Updated Mock

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: Logicalicesports
Published: May 15 at 2:36 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Franchise Star of the Sharks. He is exactly what this team has needed to turn around the dumpster fire they have had the past few seasons.
2Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-As much as I want to put a wild pick here, Demidov is the best player outside of Celebrini in this draft and the Hawks need to get him some weapons to work with. That pair will be extremely dangerous in the very near future.
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-The Ducks pick a curveball selection for many. They take the offensive weapon on the blueline that compares a lot to Erik Karlsson. They get a very dangerous weapon.
4Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Columbus gets someone that can compete with Jiricek for the top line RHD. Extremely high end defensive prospect that might end up being the best defenseman in the draft according to many.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-As much as I think the Habs would like to take a big bodied center I think they opt for the more skilled Center prospect. Catton has a higher ceiling when comparing him to Lindstrom or Iginla in my opinion. YEs he has a smaller frame but he is practically average sized, so I can see the Habs overlooking the size difference to take the more talented player.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-The Senators biggest need is a top pairing RHD and a Starting goaltender. They address one of those needs here and get Sanderson his future long time d-partner.
8Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Even with Dickinson still on the board I have Seattle taking Buium, a west coast kid that would be able to drive play from his own end. He is mobile and has pro-ready hockey senses.
9Logo of the Calgary Flames-Again with the obvious pick. Calgary takes the son of their Legend. Tij is no push over either, he is a very talented prospect that may very well end up a lot like his old man.
10Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Not really a need for the Devils, but when a defenseman of Dickinson's caliber falls to you at 10 you need to take that player. The left side for the Devils is set for years going forward with Dickinson, Hughes and Bahl.
11Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Philly Trades up one spot with Buffalo giving the Sabres the 12th overall pick along with the 36th overall selection in the 2024 draft. The Flyers take Michkov's future center. Lindstrom plays the style of hockey they want and it would take some of the pressure off Matvei's back with a power forward like Lindstrom on the ice with him.
12Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-The Sabres pick: They reach a bit for a RHD but that is their biggest need. If Jiricek can grow into a player like his brother this would be a steal getting him outside of the top 10. No matter what they need to address this hole in their system.
13Logo of the Minnesota Wild-The Wild land a player that could very well push for a roster spot out of Training Camp, one of the most NHL ready prospects in the draft. Would be the perfect winger to pair with Rossi going forward.
14Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsThe Sharks opt to take Connelly, Sure he has had the off-ice issues in his past but they are behind him and he has owned up to them the entire way. He has matured and his skill level is top 10 in this draft. Talk about getting Celebrini the perfect linemate.
15Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-The Redwings really need to boost their depth at RW, they are pretty shallow there and someone like MBN would be the perfect player to help get Kasper and Danielson some open ice going forward.
16Logo of the St. Louis Blues-The Blues reach a little on a RHD taking a very skilled puck moving defenseman that needs to work on his own end and physical play more. Mews offensive talents alone make him a great target for any team looking for an offensive minded defenseman.
17Logo of the Washington Capitals-The Capitals have seen lately that they need some players that can score goals (as they have a lack of goals this past season) They can work on the other parts of Eiserman's game going forward but he checks off the box they need in a pure goal scorer. Lines up with Leonard and they would become the new Capitals Duo.
18Logo of the New York Islanders-The Islanders land a player that they could use on the roster right away. They get heavier and tougher to play against, on top of this Greentree has some offensive gifts to pair with the punishing style of play he has.
19Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Rising player for many, it won't matter because Vegas will trade them before Boisvert plays a game for the Knights.
20Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningThe Blackhawks should go with a RHD but they opt to get some secondary scoring outside of the future top line of Reichel-Bedard-Demidov.
21Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Big riser on a lot of boards, LA just needs to take BPA here.
22Logo of the Nashville Predators-This just feels like the Preds type of player, they get some depth scoring to go along with the young core they are making.
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-The Leafs have a long history of taking offensively gifted Swedish defenseman. LSW is a slight shock much like Cowen last season.
24Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton OilersThe Ducks could certainly use some good RW prospects and although Ritchie had some ups and downs this past season, he ripped up the U18s he played in.
25Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Colorado gets the replacement for Nuke in the future. Sure he needs a bit more time to develop but will Nuke be able to make it back to the NHL?
26Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston BruinsThe Senators look to add some more power to their offense getting another forward that is not afraid to run people through the boards. On top of that he had a great rookie season in Liiga and will only improve from here.
27Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg JetsNow the Habs have a pair of offensively gifted defensemen that are brothers, it would be pretty cool to see them playing in the NHL together.
28Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-The Hurricanes go out and get potentially the BPA, Big riser on a lot of boards and could see him becoming a very important player on a playoff team, very good playmaking center that the rest of the team would benefit from.
29Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver CanucksThe Flames get a guy that has proven he can play with some of the best talent in the world but also play without it and still be a huge piece of his team.
30Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida PanthersThe Flyers take a kid that slides for some unknown reason. Danny B is looking like a draft genius early in his GM career.
31Logo of the Dallas Stars-Dallas loves taking offensively talented Finnish defensemen. Enough said here.
32Logo of the New York Rangers-BPA
May 15 at 3:06 p.m.
There is no way 16 teams pass on Eiserman.
May 15 at 3:17 p.m.
sharks88
I'd imagine SJ takes former Celebrini linemate eiserman if he drops.

Really hope they take Nabokov in the 2nd too.
Logicalicesports liked this.
May 15 at 6:57 p.m.
if eiserman is there we take him
May 16 at 9:02 a.m.
Quoting: BillytheKid3
There is no way 16 teams pass on Eiserman.

Quoting: sharksdoee
I'd imagine SJ takes former Celebrini linemate eiserman if he drops.

Really hope they take Nabokov in the 2nd too.

Quoting: Letsgosharks
if eiserman is there we take him

A lot of Mocks (from insiders and draft analysts) showing they project him to drop pretty far. Personally, I think MBN is the better all around player at that spot. But I also think Connelly is a top 10 talent and people give him a hard time for a mistake he made. I would be thrilled with any of those three or even Greentree as a Caps fan so I guess the order from 10-20 will be interesting to see how it plays out.
May 16 at 9:16 a.m.
Quoting: Logicalicesports
A lot of Mocks (from insiders and draft analysts) showing they project him to drop pretty far. Personally, I think MBN is the better all around player at that spot. But I also think Connelly is a top 10 talent and people give him a hard time for a mistake he made. I would be thrilled with any of those three or even Greentree as a Caps fan so I guess the order from 10-20 will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I know we're all armchair analysts here, and you're mock draft is very interesting. That kid is one of the purest goal scorers I've ever seen.

Keep in mind, Eiserman is a basically a September 06 (Aug 29th) so he's one of the youngest players in this draft. I could only imagine what another 8 months to a year could do. Someone graabs the kid in the top 10.
May 16 at 9:32 a.m.
I know we're all armchair analysts here, and you're mock draft is very interesting. That kid is one of the purest goal scorers I've ever seen.

Keep in mind, Eiserman is a basically a September 06 (Aug 29th) so he's one of the youngest players in this draft. I could only imagine what another 8 months to a year could do. Someone graabs the kid in the top 10.

Talent wise absolutely, but you know just as well as I do that teams get locked in on certain prospects in the top 10 and end up taking reaches or picks that you are not quite sure of as a fan, or they see things differently than we do. Prime example of that is Zadina, fans and others swore he was going to be a top goal scorer in the league but never translated that well. There are always surprises in a draft and I am certainly looking forward to those this coming draft
BillytheKid3 liked this.
May 16 at 9:38 a.m.
Talent wise absolutely, but you know just as well as I do that teams get locked in on certain prospects in the top 10 and end up taking reaches or picks that you are not quite sure of as a fan, or they see things differently than we do. Prime example of that is Zadina, fans and others swore he was going to be a top goal scorer in the league but never translated that well. There are always surprises in a draft and I am certainly looking forward to those this coming draft

Oh man, I had a buddy who literally quit being a Sens fan because we took Brady over Zadina. So I will certainly concede that point. lol
May 16 at 10:20 a.m.
Oh man, I had a buddy who literally quit being a Sens fan because we took Brady over Zadina. So I will certainly concede that point. lol

Hey that worked out great in your favor. Anybody would rather have Brady over Zadina. Huge win for the Sens there. They have been drafting very well in last 6-7 years
BillytheKid3 liked this.
May 16 at 11:39 a.m.
Hey that worked out great in your favor. Anybody would rather have Brady over Zadina. Huge win for the Sens there. They have been drafting very well in last 6-7 years

We'll agree to disagree on that. 2017 and 2020 were the only years we didn't swing and miss.

Plus Dorion enjoyed trading them and getting them forfeited.
May 16 at 12:35 p.m.

Ah man that’s a great point. Gunna be an interesting draft after the first pick that’s for sure
May 16 at 1:44 p.m.
We'll agree to disagree on that. 2017 and 2020 were the only years we didn't swing and miss.

Plus Dorion enjoyed trading them and getting them forfeited.

Oh come on don't give me that
2015: Chabot
2016: Bad Year
2017: Batherson
2018: Brady, JBD, Crookshank and Mandolese
2019: Pinto, Sogaard and Kastelic
2020: Stu, Sanderson, Grieg (All in the first round), Jarventie, Kleven, Sokolov,
2021: Bouchard (50/50 decent player/bust), Ostapchuk
2022: Not Great
2023: Not enough picks for anything really
May 16 at 2:02 p.m.
Oh come on don't give me that
2015: Chabot
2016: Bad Year
2017: Batherson
2018: Brady, JBD, Crookshank and Mandolese
2019: Pinto, Sogaard and Kastelic
2020: Stu, Sanderson, Grieg (All in the first round), Jarventie, Kleven, Sokolov,
2021: Bouchard (50/50 decent player/bust), Ostapchuk
2022: Not Great
2023: Not enough picks for anything really

2015: Bryan Murray was GM
2016: Agree
2017: 2/4 (we traded a lot of the picks)
2018: I made a mistake above this draft was what I meant not 2017.
2019: meh
2020: Good draft.
2021: 1/6, Boucher was a reach.
2022: agree.
2023: agree.
May 16 at 3:19 p.m.
2015: Bryan Murray was GM
2016: Agree
2017: 2/4 (we traded a lot of the picks)
2018: I made a mistake above this draft was what I meant not 2017.
2019: meh
2020: Good draft.
2021: 1/6, Boucher was a reach.
2022: agree.
2023: agree.

I think they did well from 2017-2021. Granted Bouch was a reach but he could turn out to be a decent player, just might need more development time.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll