$775,000$775,000
G
RFA - 1
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$800,000$800,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 10 at 4:01 p.m.
Seems fair
Vermathex, Mediumyeet and GMBL liked this.
May 10 at 4:02 p.m.
popcorn just here for the fun
Mediumyeet and Away liked this.
May 10 at 4:05 p.m.
prob one of the most fair/realistic ones
Mediumyeet and GMBL liked this.
May 10 at 4:08 p.m.
Quoting: Vermathex
prob one of the most fair/realistic ones

The hell you talking about?!?! The Blues aren’t touching this. No interest in Mitch “shrinking violet come playoff time” Marner.
mokumboi liked this.
May 10 at 4:13 p.m.
No chance.
mokumboi liked this.
May 10 at 4:32 p.m.
If there is a 1st involved, it would need to be a 2025 1st or later 1st more than likely. Surely, Armstrong would not be giving that package without Marner putting pen to paper.

Quoting: noted
No interest in Mitch “shrinking violet come playoff time” Marner.

The Blues need to make the playoffs before worrying about that. If they don't make changes, chances are they remain on the bubble and even if they make it, I don't see them making it too far. They might not be interested in giving those pieces up, but acquiring Marner if they can would be a good idea.
Mediumyeet liked this.
May 10 at 4:39 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: GMBL
If there is a 1st involved, it would need to be a 2025 1st or later 1st more than likely. Surely, Armstrong would not be giving that package without Marner putting pen to paper.

The Blues need to make the playoffs before worrying about that. If they don't make changes, chances are they remain on the bubble and even if they make it, I don't see them making it too far. They might not be interested in giving those pieces up, but acquiring Marner if they can would be a good idea.

Trading for Marner is a horrific idea. And to wildly overpay for him? Excruciating.

The Blues are not straying from the plan, trading three big assets they very much want to keep for one year of an 11M winger they can't and won't re-sign for anything near 11M. This is obvious stuff, guys.
May 10 at 4:56 p.m.
You posted it, too late TML accepted and ran lol.
Doubt STL would do that move the 1st down a 2nd a mid round prospect or draft pick.
May 10 at 5:05 p.m.
Edited May 10 at 5:11 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
Trading for Marner is a horrific idea. And to wildly overpay for him? Excruciating.

The Blues are not straying from the plan, trading three big assets they very much want to keep for one year of an 11M winger they can't and won't re-sign for anything near 11M. This is obvious stuff, guys.

I can't speak to the Blues plan but if the plan is just to do nothing during their transition phase like A_K said in his thread, then sure trading for Marner is not a good idea. Armstrong must be the luckiest GM right now if that's the expectation.

They should buy out Krug if they can't dump him and try to do something,
May 10 at 5:21 p.m.
mokumboi
I can't speak to the Blues plan but if the plan is just to do nothing during their transition phase like A_K said in his thread, then sure trading for Marner is not a good idea. Armstrong must be the luckiest GM right now if that's the expectation.

The plan is to clear space for all the youngsters coming through and about to come through, and build mainly through an infusion on said young players. While they will aim to make the playoffs in 24-25, they are not putting pressure to contend next season. That is not the same as "doing nothing". Re-hiring Bannister might qualify as doing nothing, we shall see.

Clearing space does not mean dumping the 4-5 best players for no reason. It means, yeah, moving Krug as painlessly as possible, if possible. They'd happily move Hayes for a good price. Maybe Faulk, maybe even Schenn.

Not Parayko. He's a cornerstone piece in place. And there's no one around to replace him. Anywhere.

There's also no need to rush into a buyout. Krug and Faulk go to 16-team NTCs next season. They also could rebound and be dealt, though I might bet on Faulk as more of a rebound candidate than Krug. I suspect they would have entertained a Krug buyout more if Forsling made it to UFA this summer. Alas, he did not.
GMBL liked this.
May 10 at 5:34 p.m.

The plan is to clear space for all the youngsters coming through and about to come through, and build mainly through an infusion on said young players. While they will aim to make the playoffs in 24-25, they are not putting pressure to contend next season. That is not the same as "doing nothing". Re-hiring Bannister might qualify as doing nothing, we shall see.

Clearing space does not mean dumping the 4-5 best players for no reason. It means, yeah, moving Krug as painlessly as possible, if possible. They'd happily move Hayes for a good price. Maybe Faulk, maybe even Schenn.

Not Parayko. He's a cornerstone piece in place. And there's no one around to replace him. Anywhere.

There's also no need to rush into a buyout. Krug and Faulk go to 16-team NTCs next season. They also could rebound and be dealt, though I might bet on Faulk as more of a rebound candidate than Krug. I suspect they would have entertained a Krug buyout more if Forsling made it to UFA this summer. Alas, he did not.

A Leaf’s fan giving advice to another organization how they should run it is peak irony…
May 10 at 5:44 p.m.

I mean if he's trying to make the playoffs with essentially the same team, while they wait for those NTCs to clear up, he's probably doing the least amount of work out of the GMs at least during the regular season, in the off-season he's probably just as busy. Even Guerin seems to be doing more on a yearly basis in terms of trying to compete with no cap although to no avail. I'm not blaming him though, just impressed that he's being given the time to clean up the mess from all those NTCs that he gave out/acquired.

If only Krug didn't nix the trade that would have sent him out.
May 10 at 5:50 p.m.
Quoting: noted
A Leaf’s fan giving advice to another organization how they should run it is peak irony…

I have my opinions on almost every organization on what they should or should not do. Doesn't matter that I'm a Leafs fan or a Blues fan, at the end of the day the GMs aren't reading our comments.

Buying out Krug opens up almost his entire cap hit for this season, and 4M for the next, which would allow them to add a 6M player now (via FA/trade) and not have to worry about it the following year assuming the cap goes up at least 2M (which it should).
May 10 at 6:05 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
I have my opinions on almost every organization on what they should or should not do. Doesn't matter that I'm a Leafs fan or a Blues fan, at the end of the day the GMs aren't reading our comments.

Buying out Krug opens up almost his entire cap hit for this season, and 4M for the next, which would allow them to add a 6M player now (via FA/trade) and not have to worry about it the following year assuming the cap goes up at least 2M (which it should).

Moving out Krug is the prerequisite to essentially any offseason movement - for the roster spot and the cap money. He probably doesn’t waive to anywhere that would take him. And I don’t think he gets bought out yet, maybe next summer. That’s why I think this offseason will be a quiet one for the Blues. Not a bad thing, just wish they would’ve bottomed out a little harder for these years.
GMBL liked this.
May 10 at 6:11 p.m.

The Blues won’t be a cap team next year. Rather Krug’s complete cap be off books in 3 years. It makes no sense for the Blues to trade for Marner for the above over pay of a package especially when he’s already overpaid and going to want a raise after next year.
GMBL liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll