SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

REAL DEAL 2018 MOCK DRAFT 50 picks with draft incite!

REAL DEAL 2018 MOCK DRAFT 50 picks with draft incite!

Draft Class: 2018
Created By: FullSend
Published: Feb. 3, 2018 at 8:18 a.m.
Description
Swipe to the right for in depth detail
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes
  2. Logo of the Buffalo SabresBuffalo Sabres
  3. Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Not a tough pick, #1 across every board out there, Arizona selects presumably one of the best all around Dmen this league will see in the next decade
2Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Tkachuk is a LW ideally, as played in World Juniors and as played in college, a feisty American, said to be more pesty then his older but smaller brother Matthew, Buffalo needs LW down the stretch once Kane leaves and after drafting a scoring right winger in 2016, Alex Nylander. They keep an eye on Hughes but if they are 2nd Overall, it’s a bit of reach, and drafting Tkachuk.. the American LW, it still fills a need.
3Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Zadina knows the province of Quebec and is aware of the atmosphere it presents, he’s not a LW, he’s a scoring RW who uses the one timer a lot, his style fits what the Canadiens are looking for that Svechnikov just doesn’t have.
4Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Ottawa’s next moves will probably build up to trying to build around this pick, Karlsson and a few others like Mark Stone, Chabot etc. I think Svechnikov is a nice bet for them to come through as A Kovalchuk type essence to their offense soon enough.
5Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-I think Vancouver’s time to pick a Defenseman is this year, not just any defense they’re eyeing, A right handed one! they go for a player with more Karlsson-like qualities than Dahlin and with the packed goaltending and offensive prospect pools, the Nucks will not be a team to mess with Boqvist added in the mix!
6Logo of the Florida Panthers-They got the wingers (Tippett, Mascherin), they got the centers (Heponiemi, Borgstrom) coming up in the system, they ultimately love to grab a LHD first in the draft with Quinn Hughes, an offensive dynamo, PP QB and playmaking juggernaut, who needs to work on his transitioning game, could use a year in college before he steps up like the McAvoy and Werenski before him.
7Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Detroit’s bitter need is defense, so they pick one of the biggest draft risers and underrated defensemen Evan Bouchard. Big two way D, elite passing skills and great ability to run a PP & join rushes! Imo Bouchard has 3 good years in the OHL and will be one of the most mature coming out of 2018
8Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Oilers are glad to find a right handed RW who plays C. He was bred to be a pure goal scorer, has size, elite shot and release, and puck skills to open space. expected to need a year of college, he could be a Brock Boeser type player in development and style.
9Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Truth is Carolina needs A true number one center and might be getting that in Martin Necas who was terrific at the World Juniors. Carolina has a thing for the Euro leagues and I think they might urge to build their future around Nevada and Lundestrom, who some say might be better than Lias Andersson.
10Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Chicago NEEDS to rebuild a D prospect pool before it’s too late, they drafted a RD in Henri Jokiharju last season. I think it’s fitting they go with a Duncan Keith modeled left handed Dman and WHL Dman like Jokiharjhu, Ty Smith. He’s a good all around Dmen who does a little bit of everything, knock on him is his height at 5’10.5” but if he gains some pounds, he will be fine, development needed.
11Logo of the New York Islanders-Islanders need defense as of now and are glad to have Noah Dobson here, A playmaking D with great abilities, vision at the point and ability to join rushes, he could potentially be a #1 D some day as well as the others just selected.
12Logo of the New York Rangers-Rangers aren’t scared to draft former exceptional status draftees that aren’t living up to hype, he’s a Center than may end up playing wing, gives Kyle Turris type vibes.
13Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Philadelphia Flyers need wingers, Farabee is not intimidating but plays bigger than he is. He has real scoring ability, grit and leadership. He’s a good bet for captain of the US World Junior team next year and plays a game similar to Zach Parise!
14Logo of the New Jersey Devils-New Jersey needs Defense and takes the big Trouba-like Dman, going to a great program in Michigan for D. He’s big, somewhat physical, and has offensive instincts, as well solid is in his own end.
15Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Barrett Hayton comes from an OHL team the Penguins are fond of, the Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds, in the end may be a solid option in the middle 6, Hayton is often compared to Bergeron.
16Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-With enough centers and defense on the team and in the system, the Ducks vouch to pick a HUGE RW in Noel, not a prototypical powerforward, is creative, has hands, fits the Ducks game, think Anthony Mantha.
17Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Inconsistency and World Juniors performance causes Kupari to slip. He nonetheless has skill to be in the top 10 and Columbus loves to have a player who can play wing and center at 17.
18Logo of the Minnesota Wild-The Minnesota Wild have picked forwards for so long with most of the firsts they got in the last few drafts, I think they now go with a Dman, and one LD they can wait on till Suter is done in Minnesota. McIsaac is a great Dman in his own zone with incosistency in the offensive zone.
19Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-LA Selects A scoring winger quite often compared to Panarin, he’s creative, skilled and explosive when a lane opens up, a bit small, but if he puts on a few pounds, no doubt in my mind that he becomes a solid scorer in the NHL one day.
20Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Ryan McLeod (brother of Mike [NJD]) has the same explosive speed, and power forward motive, he may very well be drafted as a C he’s affective in faceoff circle, but I see success as a winger (which he’s played as well) very much like Landeskog. Colorado has a lot of D and C prospects, I think they’re willing to draft McLeod.
21Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Calgary FlamesIslanders got their RHD with potential to be a number 1, (Dobson), they have their top 2 C’s locked (Tavares, Barzal) wingers should be set with Bellows coming in, I think they draft A LHD in Samuelsson, A shut down D who uses strength and physicality like his father who was drafted by the Rangers and with an offensive game to grow. He was born nearby, I think it’s perfect, Defense has been a quarrel, and they seal the hole for the future with two Dmen who can ultimately be forces in the top 4.
22Logo of the San Jose Sharks-San Jose has taken offense for a while with their high picks being some exceptions like Mueller. I think they go with A puck moving LD, playing and adapting in his first season in North America, has good mobility and poise, and with coming from Sweden mid season he has 28 points and A +24 in 32 games on a stacked Greyhounds team in the OHL. San Jose has no key defenseman prospects in the pool, and LD may be a big need in 2+ years, so it would be smart to pick one now.
23Logo of the Dallas Stars-With Spezza declining and no apparent key center prospects, Dallas is extatic to add Koktaniemi to their Finnish group, he plays Center and wing, he’s a playmaker that can get a shot off quick and accurate. Skating may be an issue that drives some scouts away but he scores and can produce in the best pro league in Finland so the upside could be great.
24Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Leafs draft a Two way defenseman who can be a reliable Dman in the defensive zone and a possible offensive game to grow more, his style somewhat compares to Matt Dumba or Justin Faulk, with Liljegren, I think they pass on the offensive D left. Knowing some Leafs fans and lookin on forums, he’s heavily favorable if he’s there when they draft.
25Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the St. Louis BluesFlyers have just about enough depth everywhere but wing and somewhat Center, but with Center prospects like rubstov and Frost expected to come in, I think they can vouch for another forward who plays both wings. Bokk is a scoring winger with elite ability to beat players 1 on 1, is German born, has speed, a shot and has game so very similar to David Pastrnak, I think Flyers would be happy to pick the German playing in Sweden right now and putting up good numbers in the SuperElit as well as playing in the SHL at 17.
26Logo of the Washington Capitals-Capitals would be over the hills and extatic to have Thomas here, not much going on in their prospect pool as of now, but they now get a player who can play C/W, Backstrom is getting older each year, maybe it’s a good idea to stack up there right now. He’s a versatile workhorse forward who never lets up, scouts like his skating and his 1 on 1 offensive abilities.
27Logo of the Nashville Predators-Nashville picks McBain, a player who comes from a league that some say is a tier under OHL/College, but that didn’t stop them with Tolvanen or Fabbro, who both be blue chip pieces in the future. McBain is a protypical power forward center who comes with great IQ, a good play making ability and a hard shot. Predators already have enough depth that are all still relatively young and playing in their lineup right now, so I think they can wait on “projects”.
28Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Winnipeg has drafted well for about since they rejoined the league, their whole lineup seems balanced, including a prospect pool that seems to be missing a key center prospect, I think they pick Benoit-Oliver Grouxl, simply a good all around, who can do a little bit of everything defensively and offensively.
29Logo of the Boston Bruins-Boston has 2 Centers over the age of 30 and their best center prospect is Trent Frederic.. I think they take this draft to fill up that part of their prospect pool and draft Olofsson, plays a power forward role with his size, but he’s a good playmaker, confident and has good puck skills with a good two way game, he plays in the 2nd best pro league in Sweden.
30Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-No doubt in my mind Vegas does not allow Merkley to fall any further, with more exposure in his draft year, his incompetence defensively speaks volumes to scouts, not to mention his rumored arrogant character. Nonetheless has elite offense and speed that comes with IQ, pretty much as boom or bust as it gets, Vegas for sure can take a risk.
31Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-At 31, Tampa Bay with all of these forward prospects a LD currently at the helm on their roster plus their prospect pool, I think Tampa select Calen Addison, An offensive RD along the lines of Tyson Barrie, Speed, offensive and a booming shot. Undersized but very offensive, can quarterback a powerplay, but his defensive abilities are very questionable.
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
32Logo of the Florida PanthersLogo of the Arizona CoyotesI think Florida could be looking for a goalie with key prospects on wing, center and now D in their system, but it’s too early to pick the best goalie on the board. I think they can afford to pick another winger in the long run and select Kaut. The playmaking RW had an excellent World Juniors scoring 7 points in 7 games not playing anywhere near the 1st line of 1st PP, it definitely gets him noticed to the point where he gets drafted early in the 2nd round.
33Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-With picking an American LW that fills a need, now I think Buffalo is really looking for a LD more than A RD with Ristolainen set to hold the fort there for a while. I think Buffalo Selects K’Andre Miller, an American defenseman who projects to be a shutdown two way Dman who plays a raw game, he’s big and a mobile skating defenseman with physical and some offensive abilities.
34Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsA lot of scouting services rated Alexeyev to go late in the 1st round, Central scouting has him rated 26th amongst North American skaters. With RD Bouchard now in their system, I think they’re more than happy that the Russian LHD Alexeyev is here. He’s a big Dman who is big defenseman who is good at getting pucks out of his zone quickly with smart passes. He’s a excellent skater who rarely makes defense and has a good shot, absolutely has Top 4 upside for sure.
35Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-With drafting a offensive RHD now which is great for the Nucks, I don’t think they draft another small offensive D in Addison who is arguably the best available, they go for Cole Fonstad a C and LW that may be underrated because he’s 5’10” but he generates so much offense and continually does it on a team not very good, slated to be a bottom 6 team in the WHL, he still puts up 51 points in 49 games.
36Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the Florida PanthersCapitals have proven they’ve trusted in Russian talent and it has worked wonders so I don’t think they stop now, Kratsov has great size at 6’2”, smooth skater, intelligent, productive at an early age in the KHL which is a very big deal for a 18 year old, or he’d be playing in the MHL like Denisenko and the other U18’s. Maybe the reason he’s so underrated is not much international exposure and hasn’t blown scouts away at the very rare international appearances he’s played, plus that Russian factor.
37Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-At 37 OVR, Canadiens take a project on the C/W with major offensive upside potential, from the Allsvenskan league in Sweden, Hållander is scoring more than his linemate Olofsson (who is slated to go in the first). He’s a versatile scoring forward who has an accurate hard shot he can fire from the hashmarks effectively for snipes, he’s a strong skater who is also fast but not overwhelming or explosive.
38Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-with another 2nd round pick, Red Wings select Michigan native Blade Jenkins. he’s a center, who also plays wing. He’s a streaky goal scorer, decent skater and just trying to learn how to utilize his speed & strength in his first OHL season, A good comparison could be Brandon Saad, definitely gonna be a riser for this draft year. Who knows if he will end up in the first round, Central scouting seems to rate him high.
39Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-The Oilers have 2 needs coming into the draft, a right shot offensive D or a right shot forward. With no right shot offensive D close to 39 without being a stretch, I think they pick Jesse Ylönen. He’s speedy goal scoring Finn who may not be a player who drives a lines offense, but compliments the line. Should be a nice project for the Oilers and a plus considering they have a top prospect who is also Finnish and ironically named Jesse.
40Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Hurricanes have another Czech in the system, but who is expected to be their blue chip/elite prospect going into next season. In the 2nd round expect them to take long looks at Jakub Lauko. He’s a C/W who had a tough WJC on a limited role.. being a young player, but it's enough for him to get noted by the Canes. The Canes would like his ability to skate with the puck and bring excellent puck skills to one of the wings in a few years.
41Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksWith most Habs fans claiming “The Habs need a Dmen who can play D”, This first person who comes to mind is Adam Ginning, some scouting services including central scouting have him rated late 1st, he’s rated #7 among European skaters. He’s a Shut-down Defensive left Dman who’s hard to beat 1 on 1, he’s effective on the transition because he also has some offensive instincts and at 6’3” his strong speed/skating & hands dangling through the zone are deceptive.
42Logo of the New York Islanders-With the Isles now solidifying their prospect pools D core, they can now turn their attention to wingers as the team right now has a 1-2 punch hopefully staying in NYI for a long time, but players like Bailey, Eberle, Lee etc who are looking for more money gain leverage if you have good winger prospects in the system. Even though Kurashev also plays C, he’s a good winger as well. He’s a forward who can be both a playmaker and sniper, with his shot and on ice IQ. He knows how to get into the open spots to unleash his shot and is a strong/fast skater, just not explosive.
43Logo of the New York Rangers-New York Rangers have filled enough key forward prospects to feel comfortable enough right now, the main question in the prospect pool, may be on D, and I think the Rangers have no apparent key RD in their system and is eyeing one here. They select Filip Johansson, who you have to watch in person because even though he doesn’t have eye popping numbers, he still is an offensive talent at the blue line. He can join rushes, really good slipping in get open close to the net, and has a really hard and accurate shot from the point or anywhere.
44Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-With Philadelphia Flyers ending up with 2 wingers this draft, their centers and goalie prospects were great to begin with. So they can now begin to stock their cupboards again with a RD. In this case they select Alec Regula, who is racing up the charts on the London Knights in his first OHL season. He’s figuring out the game and it’s not taking him long, some say he’s now the 1-2 with Evan Bouchard, he may not be the best offensive Preformer, but pairing with one of the Flyers many offensive LD’s would be great, getting points that way while playing his stay at home style.
45Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Im sure Tychonick falls no further than 45 if he passes the New Jersey Devils, it’s not a secret that they’re in need of Defense of any kind. Tychonick will get knocked down a bit being a offensive D from a lesser league like BCHL, but don’t be fooled, he has skill to be a first rounder. Offensive minded, with good speed and puckmoving ability, not at all afraid to rush the puck in or quarterback a powerplay, is a bit undersized at 5’11”.
46Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
Sean Durzi
The Pittsburgh Penguins also eye a RD as none appear to even remotely stand out in their prospect core, now with a new center, to rejuvenate the quality, they now select overager Sean Durzi. A year older than his first eligible draft year, Durzi has matured and learned the games pace in the OHL. He’s a good skater, good two way defenseman, good passer, has a good shot, he does a little of everything even with a small stature. Durzi has 47 points in 37 games.
47Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
With all of these forward prospects coming along fine, with the newly draft Serron Noel, Anaheim decides to draft the hometown kid and at the same time restocks the cupboard drawer on defense.
48Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Columbus has enough depth on D and F to think about the future. They draft Blake McLaughlin, easily one of the most underrated players going into this draft, High IQ goal scorer who can play C and LW, Columbus may come out with a steal here.
49Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Minnesota WildWith no apparent goalies in the system who have starting potential but maybe Hill, I think it’s time to fill that department up, Coyotes Draft Skarek who had a terrible WJC but still has cat like reflexes, size and more to hold his own in a men’s league, may not ever be elite but a future for the best rated goalie in the draft might be bright.
50Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Los Angeles need to think long term about their defense, when thinking about trading Muzzin and Martinez, I think they fill their depth with a huge jumbo defender with great mobility, Defensive ability and all round game that was a spectacle at the CHL top prospects game.
51Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
52Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Calgary Flames
53Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the San Jose SharksNando
54Logo of the Dallas Stars-
55Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
56Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
57Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Washington Capitals
58Logo of the Colorado AvalancheLogo of the Nashville Predators
59Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
60Logo of the Boston Bruins-
61Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
62Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
Feb. 3, 2018 at 10:58 a.m.
Great analysis and insight into the draft! As a Lightning fan I couldn't agree more with drafting RHD. Even after drafting Cal Foote, the Bolts #1 prospect weakness is RHD. Every draft on here has the Bolts drafting a LHD at which we are already deep at. One minor tweak, although Yzerman is fine with small forwards, he appears to stay away from small Dmen. Yes he drafted Deangelo but got burned and traded him away. I think (if Yzerman doesn't trade away our 1st round pick) he will address RHD with a prospect that has more size.
Feb. 8, 2018 at 12:17 a.m.
This is the only way I think I can contact you. I would love to discuss the oilers and there future. Fisrt things first, what do you think of prospects such as: Yamamoto, Bear, Jones, Safin, Samorukov, Wells and Benson? And what do you think they can become?
Feb. 8, 2018 at 1:04 a.m.
Edited Feb. 8, 2018 at 5:32 a.m.
Quoting: OilCountry94
This is the only way I think I can contact you. I would love to discuss the oilers and there future. Fisrt things first, what do you think of prospects such as: Yamamoto, Bear, Jones, Safin, Samorukov, Wells and Benson? And what do you think they can become?

Oh Hey lol,
As of now, seeing their skillset.. I think Yamamoto and Benson are the only players with top 6 potential (if Benson can keep healthy), they both have tools to be sucessful scorers. Safin/Maksimov I could see both play a role like Slepyshev did last year, or Khaira, Maroon type, both Top 9 players potentially. Rasanen I could see playing a versatile 3rd line 2 way player, like Haula, Vermette, good in the faceoff circle.

Bear and Jones are interesting because they could both end up being 2nd pair D/Top 6 D or just busting. Bear is good offensively, great shot, just needs to get used to the pace of the pro game to do damage.. same with Jones. They’re both learning and I also don’t see them making the team next year, but could be great prospects, especially Bear. Samurukov is a good two way D with a great shot, he’s nothing too shiny, maybe a fringe top 4, Top 6 or bust.

I can see Skinner have A Bishop type comeup, with his style and size, like Bishop getting traded from St.Louis/Ottawa to Tampa. goalies are so hard to determine. I can say Wells is a great goalie playing on a bad team, saves a massive amount of shots per season, with a good save percentage. Both should have starting potential but we need to see them in pro games.

Wild Cards Phil Kemp; 7th rounder but was a late cut for team USA, reliable two D, right handed. Filip Berglund; reliable Defensive two way D who is unlocking his offense, right handed, plays like Adam Larsson. Tyler Vesel; gritty, but undersized forward, an offensive force for Nebraska and he’s the Captain for them. Also John Marino, Mantha, Lagesson, Niemelainen, Starrett, Ellis, are others i shall not get into.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll