LW, C, RW
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$650,000$650,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$839,166$839,166
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$912,500$912,500
C
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$2,350,000$2,350,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LW
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
C
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,333,333$3,333,333
G
UFA - 3
$4,625,000$4,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,100,000$2,100,000
LD
UFA - 3
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 1

Special Teams

Penalty Kill 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 25, 2018 at 12:01 p.m.
Going for five lottery picks in a row?

Habs don't need a dozen players, they need 3-4 really good ones. Sam Pollock's Rule #1 for trades: Get The Best Player. Not one of the players coming in is better than the ones you're giving up.
Apr. 25, 2018 at 12:12 p.m.
Mariolemieux66
Quoting: Truebeliever

Habs don't need a dozen players, they need 3-4 really good ones. Sam Pollock's Rule #1 for trades: Get The Best Player. Not one of the players coming in is better than the ones you're giving up.

You draft good players, nobody is going to gift them to you unless you are dumbass Bergevin.
Montreal needs to rebuild, not retool or try to go all in with a shitty team. Fans need to het this in their head.
Montreal sucks and will for a long time.
Apr. 25, 2018 at 12:15 p.m.
Mariolemieux66

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/front-office-confidence-rankings-part-2-fans-weigh-in-on-how-each-team-is-doing
Apr. 25, 2018 at 12:42 p.m.

This was last summer!! Look how Colorado did this year? Do you think the results would be the same today? Boston is down there. So is New Jersey. It's a totally useless and unscientific survey of Toronto fans.
Apr. 25, 2018 at 12:48 p.m.
Quoting: Camarade
You draft good players, nobody is going to gift them to you unless you are dumbass Bergevin.
Montreal needs to rebuild, not retool or try to go all in with a shitty team. Fans need to het this in their head.
Montreal sucks and will for a long time.

So by this theory, WTF would you trade for any of that garbage you've added in like Andy MacDonald, Thomas Greiss, Andrew Ladd, Dale Weiss..... Just get the most picks possible. Why would you choose to suck with no hopers?

Also, before you drink too far from the Kool-Aid of building through the draft, let's visit the success rates of the teams that have consistently drafted at or near the top of the draft: Edmonton, Phoenix, Buffalo and Carolina. They suck and have sucked for a very long time. When you have nothing but young, coke-snorting kids on your roster and no experienced pros, you keep getting lazy, underachieving teams with no resilience. If we're going to suck, I'd rather do it with players who don't feel they're just rentals.
Apr. 25, 2018 at 12:49 p.m.
Mariolemieux66
This was last summer!! Look how Colorado did this year? Do you think the results would be the same today? Boston is down there. So is New Jersey. It's a totally useless and unscientific survey of Toronto fans.

People need to stop quoting Bergevin. The guy is an idiot. I dont care about Colorado and Boston as a crazy good core, Montreal doesn't.
We finished 28th overall while going 11-1 against our division, tje worst in the league.
We suck man its time to face it.
Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:22 p.m.
People need to stop quoting Bergevin. The guy is an idiot. I dont care about Colorado and Boston as a crazy good core, Montreal doesn't.
We finished 28th overall while going 11-1 against our division, tje worst in the league.
We suck man its time to face it.

We don't suck. Habs might. I am sure you're a fine individual, so whatever the fate of the hockey team we cheer for, there's no "we" there.

First thing everyone needs to remember is that no team -- NO TEAM -- can succeed when more than 1/4 of its payroll is in the sick bay. So this year was a write off from the start when Price was ill and Weber got hurt.

Second: with a 100-year-old Markov and a drunk Radulov slotted in, people had the Habs as a potential contender going into last summer. Granted, that had Sergachev in the mix, too, but he was not going to be a difference maker to last year's Habs. So, as much as you want to crap on this team, what has changed in terms of personnel was Markov and Radulov. That was the difference. Which is to say don't discount the value of one good day of shopping for UFAs (and it doesn't have to John Tavares). James Neal and Riley Nash might be all that's needed.

As for the core of the Habs, I am also a lot less pessimistic.

Out back, actually, I think they're a year or two away from having one of the better mobile defences in the NHL. Mete, Juulsen and Reilly are a good base and Weber still has a lot of good year in the tank. If any of Brook, Fleury, Walstrom or Staum work out decently, the D is pretty strong.

Now, if you believe Price is washed up after one bad year, so be it. I don't. Brodeur and Roy both won two Stanley Cups in their 30s. Does he need to be better? Absolutely. Will he? I'd put money on it.

Which brings things us to the forwards: Drouin and Galchenyuk are fierce and still young. Gallagher had a great year, probably better than he should, but is still a great performer. Lehkonen and Danault are decent NHLers on any club in the league. Pacioretty is still a very good player, though I do accept he's likely worth more to another team than to Montreal these days, so best get what you can for him in the pick/prospect world.
Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:29 p.m.
Mariolemieux66
So by this theory, WTF would you trade for any of that garbage you've added in like Andy MacDonald, Thomas Greiss, Andrew Ladd, Dale Weiss..... Just get the most picks possible. Why would you choose to suck with no hopers?

Also, before you drink too far from the Kool-Aid of building through the draft, let's visit the success rates of the teams that have consistently drafted at or near the top of the draft: Edmonton, Phoenix, Buffalo and Carolina. They suck and have sucked for a very long time. When you have nothing but young, coke-snorting kids on your roster and no experienced pros, you keep getting lazy, underachieving teams with no resilience. If we're going to suck, I'd rather do it with players who don't feel they're just rentals.

Because we are doing so much better with Weber, Price and Pacioretty as our core right. We need to take salary back for Price and Weber and their value isnt great anymore but we need to blow this thing up
2 bottom 10 finish in 3 years, 1 playoffs series win the last 4 years and this is Bergevin.
Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:33 p.m.
Mariolemieux66
We don't suck. Habs might. I am sure you're a fine individual, so whatever the fate of the hockey team we cheer for, there's no "we" there.

First thing everyone needs to remember is that no team -- NO TEAM -- can succeed when more than 1/4 of its payroll is in the sick bay. So this year was a write off from the start when Price was ill and Weber got hurt.

Second: with a 100-year-old Markov and a drunk Radulov slotted in, people had the Habs as a potential contender going into last summer. Granted, that had Sergachev in the mix, too, but he was not going to be a difference maker to last year's Habs. So, as much as you want to crap on this team, what has changed in terms of personnel was Markov and Radulov. That was the difference. Which is to say don't discount the value of one good day of shopping for UFAs (and it doesn't have to John Tavares). James Neal and Riley Nash might be all that's needed.

As for the core of the Habs, I am also a lot less pessimistic.

Out back, actually, I think they're a year or two away from having one of the better mobile defences in the NHL. Mete, Juulsen and Reilly are a good base and Weber still has a lot of good year in the tank. If any of Brook, Fleury, Walstrom or Staum work out decently, the D is pretty strong.

Now, if you believe Price is washed up after one bad year, so be it. I don't. Brodeur and Roy both won two Stanley Cups in their 30s. Does he need to be better? Absolutely. Will he? I'd put money on it.

Which brings things us to the forwards: Drouin and Galchenyuk are fierce and still young. Gallagher had a great year, probably better than he should, but is still a great performer. Lehkonen and Danault are decent NHLers on any club in the league. Pacioretty is still a very good player, though I do accept he's likely worth more to another team than to Montreal these days, so best get what you can for him in the pick/prospect world.

We havent won anything with solid young core of Price, Subban, Markov, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Plekanec we are definitely not winning with this rotten core. 28th overall, Laval dead last in the AHL. 28th in prospects ranking.
What else do you need to know.
Apr. 25, 2018 at 4:34 p.m.
We havent won anything with solid young core of Price, Subban, Markov, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Plekanec we are definitely not winning with this rotten core. 28th overall, Laval dead last in the AHL. 28th in prospects ranking.
What else do you need to know.

Prior to this season, the Habs has been in the playoffs 8 out of the last 10 years. There were only two teams with better records: Pittsburgh and Chicago, both of which had plumbed the depths for several years and had #1 overalls. So, as records go, the Habs have done more with less than almost any team in the league.

Again, prior to this season, the Habs last five seasons managed 103, 82, 110, 100 and 107 (prorated due to lockout) points. The 82 was when Price missed most of the season with the bum knee. I am sorry, that IS a successful team by any reasonable standards.

Finally, the Habs started the season with an average age of 26.8. The league average is 27.1. There are only 8 teams that are younger and only 3 of them made the playoffs.
https://theathletic.com/210035/2018/01/12/sizing-up-the-nhl-2017-18-nhl-teams-by-age-height-and-weight/

Do they need to get better? Sure. Is the sky falling in Montreal? No.
Apr. 25, 2018 at 4:45 p.m.
Mariolemieux66
Prior to this season, the Habs has been in the playoffs 8 out of the last 10 years. There were only two teams with better records: Pittsburgh and Chicago, both of which had plumbed the depths for several years and had #1 overalls. So, as records go, the Habs have done more with less than almost any team in the league.

Again, prior to this season, the Habs last five seasons managed 103, 82, 110, 100 and 107 (prorated due to lockout) points. The 82 was when Price missed most of the season with the bum knee. I am sorry, that IS a successful team by any reasonable standards.

Finally, the Habs started the season with an average age of 26.8. The league average is 27.1. There are only 8 teams that are younger and only 3 of them made the playoffs.
https://theathletic.com/210035/2018/01/12/sizing-up-the-nhl-2017-18-nhl-teams-by-age-height-and-weight/

Do they need to get better? Sure. Is the sky falling in Montreal? No.

Please! A legit top contender team doesnt finish 28th overall.
Montreal as won 9 playoffs series in the last 25 years, so about 1 every 3 years. Long live mediocrity right.
And hooray for division championships right? Scoring 11 goals last year's playoffs against thw Rangers, a team anyone would beat except us. What a great team the Montreal Canadiens.
Who cares about the age of the team if our players suck and our core is getting older and regressing.
What's with all those excuses. Is that you Marc??

We ******* sucks! We should consider ourselves lucky we play in the worst division in hockey.
The standing shows it
The AHL shows it
Our prospect pool shows it
Apr. 25, 2018 at 5:10 p.m.
Please! A legit top contender team doesnt finish 28th overall.
Montreal as won 9 playoffs series in the last 25 years, so about 1 every 3 years. Long live mediocrity right.
And hooray for division championships right? Scoring 11 goals last year's playoffs against thw Rangers, a team anyone would beat except us. What a great team the Montreal Canadiens.
Who cares about the age of the team if our players suck and our core is getting older and regressing.
What's with all those excuses. Is that you Marc??

We ******* sucks! We should consider ourselves lucky we play in the worst division in hockey.
The standing shows it
The AHL shows it
Our prospect pool shows it

Here's a quick sampling of some pretty successful teams over the last 25 years: St. Louis = 9 playoff series won; San Jose = 11 series; Chicago (with a first and a third overall) = 14 series; Philly = 9 series; Rangers = 11 series.

Pittsburgh, at 25, is the only outlier. Guess why? Lemieux (#1 overall), Craig Simpson (#2 overall), Zalapski (#4) Chris Joseph (#5), Darrin Shannon (#4 overall) Jagr (#5); Whitney (#5) Fleury (#1), Malkin (#2 overall), Crosby (#1) and Staal (#2). See a pattern?

Wait, there's more. The Penguins had to twice be bailed out by the league because their fan bases quit on them and the team was effectively bankrupt. Three times, people have tried to move the franchise. I don't think Montreal fans are willing to suck that badly for that long. And, in the era of the lottery (another useless addition courtesy of the NBA), there's no guarantee that sucking does you any good, right Edmonton, AZ, Carolina, Islanders...?
Apr. 25, 2018 at 5:18 p.m.
Mariolemieux66
Here's a quick sampling of some pretty successful teams over the last 25 years: St. Louis = 9 playoff series won; San Jose = 11 series; Chicago (with a first and a third overall) = 14 series; Philly = 9 series; Rangers = 11 series.

Pittsburgh, at 25, is the only outlier. Guess why? Lemieux (#1 overall), Craig Simpson (#2 overall), Zalapski (#4) Chris Joseph (#5), Darrin Shannon (#4 overall) Jagr (#5); Whitney (#5) Fleury (#1), Malkin (#2 overall), Crosby (#1) and Staal (#2). See a pattern?

Wait, there's more. The Penguins had to twice be bailed out by the league because their fan bases quit on them and the team was effectively bankrupt. Three times, people have tried to move the franchise. I don't think Montreal fans are willing to suck that badly for that long. And, in the era of the lottery (another useless addition courtesy of the NBA), there's no guarantee that sucking does you any good, right Edmonton, AZ, Carolina, Islanders...?

I am fine to suck for another 3 years and rebuild. At least this is a plan. Making the playoffs with a shitty team because anything can happen isn't a plan.
We won 9 series in the last 25 years. Pittsburgh as won 26 series in that timespawn. I will take the Penguins road to success anytime before our stupid backward way of doing things.

28th overall
Shutout 10+ times ahahah
Not a single player in the top 100
Price at 10.5mil for 8 years ahahah
Bergevin a french speaking GM because is a pre requisite in Montreal and he cant even speak french properly.
This organization as become a joke and you are supporting it.
Apr. 25, 2018 at 5:32 p.m.
I am fine to suck for another 3 years and rebuild. At least this is a plan. Making the playoffs with a shitty team because anything can happen isn't a plan.
We won 9 series in the last 25 years. Pittsburgh as won 26 series in that timespawn. I will take the Penguins road to success anytime before our stupid backward way of doing things.

28th overall
Shutout 10+ times ahahah
Not a single player in the top 100
Price at 10.5mil for 8 years ahahah
Bergevin a french speaking GM because is a pre requisite in Montreal and he cant even speak french properly.
This organization as become a joke and you are supporting it.

Yup. I am.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll