Forums/Mock-Draft

Red wings

Red wings

Draft Class: 2018
Created By: Bryzgalovs_bears
Published: May 4, 2018 at 7:34 p.m.
May 4, 2018 at 10:19 p.m.
Kings guru
Imo the Red Wings don't have the time to wait for Boqvist to fix the holes in his defensive game. Likely a more rounded defenseman like Hughes or Bouchard will be a better fit, although Blashill and Holland do love their Swedes. As well as Merkley's gotta be going to a lottery team. He does have some attitude problems but his skill alone is phenomenal, and he's been improving his game all season long. 67 points in 63 games on a very sub par junior team is unreal.
May 4, 2018 at 11:00 p.m.
JenniClayton
Quoting: MT_11
Imo the Red Wings don't have the time to wait for Boqvist to fix the holes in his defensive game. Likely a more rounded defenseman like Hughes or Bouchard will be a better fit, although Blashill and Holland do love their Swedes. As well as Merkley's gotta be going to a lottery team. He does have some attitude problems but his skill alone is phenomenal, and he's been improving his game all season long. 67 points in 63 games on a very sub par junior team is unreal.

I agree with this mans. Bouchard or Dobson. Or Hughes, he's actually a good all-around defenseman. Boqvist will take a while and brings a lot more risk than the other three. The Wings can't afford to miss on this pick.
MT_11 liked this.
May 4, 2018 at 11:16 p.m.
Kings guru
Quoting: JenniClayton
I agree with this mans. Bouchard or Dobson. Or Hughes, he's actually a good all-around defenseman. Boqvist will take a while and brings a lot more risk than the other three. The Wings can't afford to miss on this pick.

Where Boqvist lacks in current roundness to his game compared to everyone mentioned above, he makes up for with MASSIVE potential and almost unmatched offensive ability. Not that Boqvist would be a bad pick, but a team in the Wings' position needs someone who needs less time to develop. Detroit doesn't simply have the time to wait for Boqvist to turn into what he's supposed to be, whereas Vancouver, Chicago, NYR, and the other teams that follow can afford to wait on him, and that's why I think he won't be the #2 defenseman of this draft
May 5, 2018 at 2:22 p.m.
Bryzgalovs_bears
Quoting: JenniClayton

I hope we don't draft Hughes. He looks like a 4th forward instead of a steady dman and I don't think he'll be able to pull of his moves in the NHL. He looks prone to defensive lapses. Reminds me a lot of Ghost. Boqvist and Dobson are the 2 guys I hope we target. Seriously look up how much better the Titans are doing with Dobson finding his stride. I like Bouchard. He's better than those 2 now, but I think Dobson and Boqvist will be better than him in 5 years.
May 5, 2018 at 2:24 p.m.
Bryzgalovs_bears
Quoting: MT_11

We have to run out our bad contracts, so we can wait a few years.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll