SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Round 1 Mock Draft

Round 1 Mock Draft

Draft Class: 2018
Created By: roguegator
Published: May 7, 2018 at 7:02 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-I don't think any debates this pick.
2Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Concensus #2
3Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Habs need a goal scorer.
4Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Played really well at the U20 WJC.
5Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-High Hockey IQ and ability to score from the C position.
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-87 points and moves the puck well from the back end.
7Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Speed, vision, and puck skills - just what the Dr. ordered for the D in Vancouver.
8Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Prolific scoring right shot D with top-4 potential.
9Logo of the New York Rangers-Undersized play-making D-man who has the speed and skill to move the puck effectively.
10Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Crafty play-maker with top level vision and some finishing ability.
11Logo of the New York Islanders-A complete package and top-6 potential.
12Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Calgary FlamesBig R-hand puck-moving D-man with a big shot.
13Logo of the Dallas Stars-Puck skills and finishing ability from the middle, had an excellent WJC-18 that bumped his stock up a bit.
14Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the St. Louis BluesSkilled and creative with the puck on his stick.
15Logo of the Florida Panthers-Can play both C and W with good vision; had a good playoffs in Juniors.
16Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Excellent skating two-way D that put up 73 in the WHL.
17Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Skilled play-maker and puck handler; a better showing at WJC-18 would have bumped him higher in the draft.
18Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Converted D-man playing his second season in the SHL - skilled and defensively aware.
19Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-The "Russian factor" may have hurt him a bit, but there is no doubt he is a highly skilled forward.
20Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Already has NHL size, a safe pick with top-4 potential.
21Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Great skater with good hands and rising stock.
22Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsSpeedy point per game player in the OHL.
23Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-45 points in 51 games in his first year in NA - still playing as of this writing in the OHL playoffs.
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-2nd year OHLer put up 81 points in 68 games - his motor is always running.
25Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-One of the youngest in the draft, RHD that put up 55 points in 62 games in his first year in the OHL.
26Logo of the Washington Capitals-A goal scorer RW with size and powerful skating.
27Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsSolid year and playoffs in the QMJHL has Grouix breaking into the first round.
28Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Boston BruinsA good showing at the Hlinka Memorial U18 has this center with size breaking into the first round - committed to BC next fall.
29Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningWJC-20 standout for the Czech squad - has the speed and skill to play in all zones.
30Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Winnipeg JetsA solid season and already boasting NHL size this big American D-man is committed to Western Michigan next season.
31Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Nashville PredatorsAnother large American D - a bit raw but talented - will continue to develop his skills at the University of Wisconsin next year.
May 8, 2018 at 8:14 a.m.
Nice work, very good analyse... In my opinion, Kotkaniemi is bettrer Veleno, I think Kotkaniemi on the 12 spot is ok, but I see Veleno around the 15-18 spot
roguegator liked this.
May 8, 2018 at 4:59 p.m.
Thanks yanp007 - the only thing I see that could keep Kotkaniemi from going there or higher is his skating style (nothing that can't be fixed, but not on par with other top 10 picks). As a Stars fan I'm hoping for either Kotkaniemi or Veleno, as of now anyways - that may change as more pro analysis of these guys comes out prior to the draft in June.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll