Forums/Mock-Draft

Top 10 picks IMO with other possibilities noted

Top 10 picks IMO with other possibilities noted

Draft Class: 2018
Created By: PanarinBread72
Published: May 31, 2018 at 6:35 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Rasmus Dahlin, just Dahlin
2Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-While Svechnikov ist he best available, it is possible they take Zadina, because of his chemistry with Necas.
3Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-While they could take Tkachuk, they will likely go with Zadina unless Carolina does, in which case they will take Svechnikov.
4Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Other possibilities are Zadina if Montreal decides to take Tkachuk, but with the whole Karlsson situation, they could very well take a defenseman like Boqvist or Hughes
5Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Boqvist is IMO the best defenseman other than Dahlin. However, if Ottawa takes a defenseman over Tkachuk, I don’t see Arizona not taking Tkachuk. However, Arizona could take Bouchard or Hughes over Boqvist.
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Detroit will likely take the Quinn Hughes if he is available. Yes, I have heard the rumors about Detroit wanting Bouchard, but is possible they are saying that to psych out other teams into taking Bouchard when they really want Hughes. However, if Arizona and Ottawa do take Hughes and Tkachuk, I see them taking Boqvist.
7Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-At this point, Vancouver will take the best defenseman available in their eyes (I personally think Dobson is better). Vancouver needs defensemen more than anything right now, especially if Juolevi doesn’t pan out. Bouchard is a very good defenseman, who can fill their needs. Plus, even if Juolevi does pan out, 2 good defensemen will certainly not hurt.
8Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-If there is one thing Chicago needs, it’s defense. Keith and Seabrook aren’t getting any younger, and there isn’t much after them. That’s why they pick Noah Dobson. They may not take Dobson if a better defenseman is available (which would assume Wahlstrom going before 8th overall). As a hawks fan, I am a big fan of Chicago taking Dobson (I’d ideally want Hughes or Boqvist though).
9Logo of the New York Rangers-As much as New York needs defense, they will be more than happy to take Oliver Wahlstrom. In my opinion, Wahlstrom is way better than Ty Smith, who is the next best D-man. Oliver Wahlstrom put up incredible numbers for the U.S. NDPT. He is arguably a top 5 pick even. I have no reason to believe New York would take Ty Smith over Wahlstrom.
10Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-While I think Joe Veleno is better, Edmonton does not need another center when they already have McDavid, Draisatl, and Strome. What they do need is defense. While I believe that the gap between Dobson and Ty Smith is large, Smith is still a very good player. He could be a great Top 4 d-man that Edmonton needs. The only reason I think that he doesn’t go 10th is if they trade the pick which they are rumored to be considering.
11Logo of the New York Islanders-This is a pick I am confident in. While I don’t know if Farabee will go 11th, I believe he will be an Islander. He is a very talented player who played with Wahlstrom on the U.S. NDPT, and put up impressive numbers. I think Farabee is definitely a Top 10 forward in this draft, arguably a top 5.
12Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Calgary FlamesThis is a 50/50 chance in my opinion. There is a chance that Garth Snow or Lou Lamereillo will think that Farabee and Veleno are too good to pass up on (or maybe if they aren’t confident in resigning Tavares), or they will go based on team needs and pick Bode Wilde. Both are valid options, and I could see both happening.
13Logo of the Dallas Stars-With Dallas being the host of this draft, I see them taking a bigger name player. Whether that is Veleno or Kotkaniemi, they will take one of them. Kotkaniemi is a very good player, who can play center or wing. While defense is a need, they do have Heiskanen, who is arguably the best defensive prospect in the league at the moment. Some say Kotkaniemi will go top 10, I just can’t see it happening.
14Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the St. Louis BluesPhilly is stacked on defense, so no chance they take Wilde. Hayton is the best available, and I say they take him. He is very skilled, and they will not be upset with Hayton.
15Logo of the Florida Panthers-Bode Wilde finally gets picked, at 15th overall. Florida doesn’t have much defense outside of Ekblad, so Wilde will help them fill a team need.
16Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
17Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
18Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
19Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
20Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
21Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
22Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
23Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
25Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
26Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Boston Bruins
27Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Nashville Predators